Rajasthan State Public Service Commission (RPSC) conducts the RAS/ RTS Combined Competitive Exam. The officers recruited through RAS 2021 exams are included in the state cadre of civil service officers and placed in respected jobs like administrative services, police services, revenue services etc.
RPSC has released RAS 2021 Vacancy NotificationUpdate 20/07/2021
RAS exam is also known as the Rajasthan State and Subordinate Services Combined Competitive Exam. Similar to UPSC Civil Services, the RAS Exam is also a three-stage recruitment exam.
Stage 1. RAS Preliminary Examination
- The Preliminary Examination consists of one paper on the subject specified below,
- The question paper is of objective type and carries a maximum of 200 marks.
- Examination is a screening test, only for admission to mains examination and marks obtained will not be counted in final merit. Hence, candidates need to just clear the exam.
- There are 150 questions of multiple choice (Objective Type) and there is a negative marking of 1/3 mark of question for each wrong answer.
Stage 2. RAS Mains Examination
The preliminary examinations are followed by RAS Mains examination. Post RAS 2013, RPSC has changed the pattern of RAS mains examination to follow UPSC’s pattern of mains examination. And RAS mains examination also has 4 papers as follows:
- Each paper is 200 marks and 3 hours duration.
- Each paper is descriptive/analytical.
| Guide | GS Paper I | GS Paper II | GS Paper III | GS Paper IV | Syllabus | Books | Notes & PDF | Previous Years Question Papers | Toppers Answer-Copies | Sectional Practise Questions | Mock Tests | Frequently Asked Questions
Stage 3. RAS Interview
- Candidates who clear mains examination are summoned by RPSC for an interview for a personality test which carries 100 marks.
- The RAS Exam Interview board awards marks in respect of character, personality, address, physique and marks are also awarded for the candidate’s knowledge of Rajasthani culture.
- The marks so awarded are added to the marks obtained in the written test by each such candidate.
- The final merit list is prepared on total marks obtained in Mains as well as Interview round.
Services or Posts included in RAS 2021 Exam:
A total of 988 vacancies have been included in the RAS 2021 notification. These include vacancies from below services:
- Rajasthan Administrative Service
- Rajasthan Police Service
- Rajasthan Accounts Service
- Rajasthan Cooperative Service
- Rajasthan Employment Office Service
- Rajasthan Jail Service
- Rajasthan Industry Service
- Rajasthan State Insurance Service
- Rajasthan Commercial Tax Service
- Rajasthan Tourism Service
- Rajasthan Transport Service
- Rajasthan Devasthan Service
- Rajasthan Rural Development State Service
- Rajasthan Women and Child Development Service
The RAS 2021 Exam also includes posts from allied services:
- Rajasthan Subordinate Devasthan Service
- Rajasthan Subordinate Cooperative Service
- Rajasthan Tehsildar Service
- Rajasthan Excise Subordinate Service
- Rajasthan Industry Subordinate Service
- Rajasthan Food Public Distribution Service
- Rajasthan Commercial (Sales) Tax Subordinate Service
- Rajasthan Subordinate Service (Jr. Employment Officer)
- Rajasthan Women and Child Development Service Subordinate Service
Eligibility for RPSC RAS 2021 Exam:
- Educational Qualification:- Must hold a Degree of any of the Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other Educational Institution established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University underSection 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Government in consultation with the Commission.
- Age limit for RAS Examination: Minimum 21 years and maximum less than 40 years. (As on 01 January 2022)
- Non-gazetted officer: Age should not be less than 25 years and not greater than 45 years.
RAS 2021: Latest Updates
- 19/08/2021 – RPSC release RAS Pre 2021 Dates (Schedule) – Details
- 02/08/2021 – RPSC releases new application start date – Press Note
- 27/07/2021 – RPSC postpones application start date – Press Note
- 21/07/2021 – RPSC releases Syllabus for RAS 2021 Preliminary Examination – View Syllabus in Detail
- 20/07/2021 – RPSC has released the recruitment advertisement for RAS 2021 Vacancy. Recruitment Advertisement – Download PDF
RAS 2021 Exam Notification
On 20th July 2021 RPSC has released the notification for RAS 2021 Vacancy. As per the notification:
|RAS 2021 Notification||Important Dates|
|Release of Recruitment Advertisement||20 July 2021|
|Application date||04 August 2021 to 02 September 2021|
|RAS 2021 Preliminary Exam date||27-28 October 2021|
|RAS 2021 Pre Exam Admit Card Download||To be declared|