On 31st August 2022, the State Government notified the Rajasthan Electric Vehicle Policy (REVP)-2022. The policy will be for a period of 5 years from 1ts September 2022. Under this new policy, the government approved the proposed one-time contribution on the purchase of electric vehicles and an additional budget provision of Rs 40 crore for reimbursement of State Goods and Services Tax (SGST). Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot had announced the policy in the budget 2019-20, and the State government had approved the draft policy on 23rd May 2022.
Rajasthan Electric Vehicle Policy (REVP)- Salient Features
- RIICO shall develop a dedicated Electric Vehicle and Components Park at a suitable location with required infrastructure and common facilities.
Rajasthan EV Policy 2022 – Vision:
- To reduce vehicular emissions by promoting the transition towards clean mobility and to create a conducive environment for holistic development of the Electric Vehicle ecosystem in the state of Rajasthan.
Rajasthan EV Policy 2022 – Objectives:
- To support the adoption of Electric Vehicles in both personal mobility and public transport segments.
- To enable the creation of a robust network of Electric Vehicle charging stations & battery swapping stations catering to all types of Electric Vehicles with focus on clean energy sources.
- To foster research & development and skill development in the State’s electric mobility space
- To promote the manufacturing of electric vehicles and batteries in the State by providing appropriate incentives under RIPS-2019
Rajasthan EV Policy 2022 – Policy Period:
- The policy shall be valid for a period of 5 years from the date of notification with a detailed review to be undertaken annually or as required.
- The incentives shall be extended only for the policy period unless otherwise stated/notified.
Rajasthan EV Policy 2022 – Targets:
Though various provisions and enabling initiatives, category-wise targets by the end of policy period are as follows:
|e Two wheelers||15% Electric Vehicle share in new vehicle registrations|
|e Three wheelers||30% Electric Vehicle share in new vehicle registrations|
|e Four wheelers||5% Electric Vehicle share in new vehicle registrations|
|e Buses||Phased transition to e Buses used in routes connecting priority cities|
|Manufacturing||Manufacturing target of 35 Lakh unit per year in the next 5 years.|
Nodal Departments – Responsibility matrix
The responsibility of operationalization of the actionable in this policy will rest with the following departments:
|Policy Section||Responsible Department|
|Driving Adoption||Transport Department|
|Electric Vehicle Charging Infrastructure||Energy Department|
Department of Local Self Governance
Urban Development & Housing Department
|Innovation & Entreprenurship||Information Technology & Communication Department|
|Manufacturing Ecosystem||Industries Department|
|Recycling & Reuse||Industries Department|
|Skill Development & Training||Technical Education Department|
|Capacity Building and IT System update||Transport Department|
The Rajasthan Electric Vehicle Policy 2022 prescribes following financial incentives for Electric Vehicles in Rajasthan.