MBC & EWS Reservation in Rajasthan Judicial Services
MBC & EWS Reservation in Rajasthan Judicial Services: The department of personnel (DOP), Government of Rajasthan, issued a notification on 20th August 2020, that provides 5% reservation to (More Backward Classes) MBC & 10% reservation to Economically Weaker Section (EWS) in direct recruitment for Rajasthan Judicial Services. Through the notification, the state government has amended the Rajasthan Judicial Service Rules 2010.
As per the notification, In exercise of the powers conferred by Article 233 and 234 read with proviso to Article 309 of the Constitution of India and all other powers enabling him in this behalf, the Governor of Rajasthan in consultation with the Rajasthan Public Service Commission and the High Court of Judicature for Rajasthan has made following rules further to amend the Rajasthan Judicial Service Rules, 2010.
- In the rule on category of sections eligible for reservation expressions ‘More Backward Classes,” & “Economically Weaker Sections” shall be inserted.
- MBC to have 5% reservation.
- Reservation of vacancies for Economically Weaker Sections shall be 10% in direct recruitment in addition to the existing reservation.
- In the event of non-availability of eligible and suitable candidate amongst Economically Weaker Sections in a particular year, the vacancies so reserved for them shall be filled in accordance with the normal procedure.
Who are covered under Economically Weaker Sections
The notification also provides explanation regarding Who are covered under Economically Weaker Sections as:
For the purpose of this rule “Economically Weaker Sections” shall be the persons who are bonafide resident of Rajasthan and not covered under the existing scheme of reservations for the Scheduled Castes, the Scheduled Tribes, the Backward Classes, the More Backward Classes and whose family has gross annual income below rupees 8.00 lakh.
Family for this purpose will include the person who seeks benefit of reservation, his/her parents, siblings below the age of 18 years, his/her spouse and children below the age of 18 years. The income shall include income from all sources i.e. salary, agriculture, business, profession etc. and it will be income for the financial year immediately preceding the year of application.
- MBC & EWS Reservation in Rajasthan Judicial Services – Download Notification PDF