Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor (DMIC) – Rajasthan
Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor (DMIC) was launched in pursuance of an MOU signed between the Government of India and the Government of Japan in December 2006. It is a mega infra-structure project of USD 100 billion, covering an overall length of 1483 KMs between Delhi and Mumbai.
Delhi – Mumbai Industrial Corridor (DMIC) is India’s most ambitious infrastructure programme aiming to develop new industrial cities as ‘Smart Cities’ and converging next generation technologies across infrastructure sectors.
DMIC is being developed as a “Global Manufacturing and Trading Hub”, providing a major impetus to planned urbanization in India with manufacturing as the key driver. In addition to new Industrial Cities, the programme envisages development of infrastructure linkages like power plants, assured water supply, high capacity transportation and logistics facilities as well as softer interventions like skill development programme for employment of the local populace.
It incorporates 9 Mega Industrial zones, high speed freight line, 3 ports, and 6 airports; a 6-lane intersection-free expressway connecting Mumbai & Delhi and a 4000 MW power plant.
A Dedicated Freight Corridor (DFC) between Dadri (UP) and Jawahar Lal Nehru Port (Mumbai) is being constructed which covers a total length of 1,483 km. About 39 per cent of the Corridor passes through Rajasthan. A band of 150 km (Influence region) has been chosen on both the sides of the Freight corridor to be developed as Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor (DMIC).
DMIC spans the States of
- Uttar Pradesh,
- Madhya Pradesh,
DMIC Development Corporation (DMICDC) incorporated in 2008, is the implementing agency for the project. DMICDC has been registered as a company with 49% equity of Government of India, 26% equity of the JBIC and the remaining held by government financial institutions.
Components of DMIC
- Eight manufacturing cities (2 in Rajasthan) will be developed in PHASE I
- Khushkheda-Bhiwadi-Neemrana Investment Region– Khushkheda-Bhiwadi-Neemrana Investment Region is having an area of about 165sq. kms and encompassing 42 villages of Alwar district. The detailed Development Plan for Khushkheda-Bhiwadi-Neemrana Investment Region has been prepared and finalized.
- Jodhpur-Pali-Marwar Industrial Area (JPMIA)– Jodhpur-Pali-Marwar Industrial Area is being developed in the area close to 154 sq. kms, encompassing 9 villages of Pali district.
- High Speed – High Capacity connectivity backbone provided by Western Dedicated Freight Corridor (DFC).
- 24 manufacturing cities (Investment Region, IR and Investment Area, IA) are envisioned in the master plan.
- 2 Airports – Aerotropolis, Bhiwadi, Alwar, Rajasthan & Greenfield International Airport, Dholera, Gujarat.
- Solar & Gas based power plants
- Water Sustainability Projects
- Waste Water Recycling Project
- Aquifer Recharge and Recovery (AARR) System
- Dahej Desalination Project
- 4 Multi Modal Logistic Parks
- Great Noida, UP
- Karla, Maharashtra
- Pithampur, Madhya Pradesh
- Rewari, Haryana
- 4 Smart Communities Project
- Dahej, Gujarat
- Shendra, Maharashtra
- Changodar, Gujarat
- Manesar, Haryana
- 2 Mass Rapid Transit System (MRTS) Projects
- Delhi – Gurgaon – Manesar – Rewari – Bawal – Neemrana LENGTH: 120 kms
- Dholera – Ahmedabad – Gandhinagar LENGTH: 219.45 kms
- 2 Exhibition cum Convention Centre at Aurangabad & Manesar
Why DMIC is Important for Rajasthan:
- Over 58% area of the Rajasthan falls within the influence area of DMIC
- 39% of Dedicated Freight Corridor (DFC)
- Rajasthan has rich agricultural and mineral base for industries like Cement, Building Stones, Gypsum, Gems & Jewellery, Chemical, Food processing, Textiles
- Emerging sectors include IT/ITES, Auto Component and Knowledge Hubs.
DMIC in Rajasthan:
Based on the strengths of specific regions across the state, five development nodes are identified in the influence area of DMIC. It includes two investment regions and three industrial areas. Proposed project components in each of the nodes are:
- Node No.7: Khushkhera-Bhiwadi-Neemrana: Investment Region
- Node No.8: Jaipur-Dausa Industrial Area
- Node No.9: Ajmer-Kishangarh Investment Region
- Node No.10: Rajsamand-Bhilwara Industrial Area
- Node No.11: Pali-Marwar Industrial Area