Wildlife Conservation in Rajasthan: New Initiatives
A meeting of State Wildlife Board was held yesterday, where new initiatives taken up wildlife conservation in Rajasthan were discussed. The meeting was chaired by Chief Minister.
- Activities regarding forest and wild life conservation should be augmented with cooperation from the people living in eco-development zone.
- It was stressed that efforts need to be made to provide education and provide livelihood opportunities to the local people.
- Efforts to promote eco-tourism at Ranthambhore National Park, Jhalana Sanctuary and Balla Killa situated at the buffer zone of Sariska were praised.
- Vehicles used for safari at Ranthambhor will be connected with GPS system.
- Efforts being made to protect the Keoladeo Bird Sanctuary from the menace of Catfish were also praised.
- Relocation package for the people living in the protected area is being made better so that they can live better life and become self-reliant.
- Possibilities of developing eco-tourism at Barmer, Jalore, Dholpur and Hanumangarh are to be explored on project mode.
- Expansion of Taal Chhaper sanctuary to Jaswantgarh in Nagaur be implemented.
- In-principal approval was given to the Fuelwood Free Village scheme to provide 40,000 gas connections on 100 percent subsidy to the people residing near tiger reserves. Under the scheme when all families will get gas connection the village will be declared fuelwood free.
- he Board also gave approval to the proposal related to rejuvenation of Amanishah Nallah. The 5 kilometer stretch of the Amanishah Nallah falls in protected forest and sanctuaries. Now the project will get pace after the approval.
- Few projects important projects also approved during meeting include:
- New Power Plant by Mangalam Cement at Village Modak Tehsil Ramganjmandi, District Kota.
- Laying natural gas pipeline from CAIRN’S Barmer to village Sevtalav, Pali in Rajasthan Rageshwari terminal
- Industrial Unit for manufacturing of TMT Bars and Wire Rod in village Mandana, Ladpura Kota.