UPSC 2017: Civil Service Preliminary Exam Paper
The Civil Services Examination (CSE) is a nationwide competitive examination conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) for recruitment to various Civil Services of the Government of India, including the Indian Administrative Service (IAS), Indian Foreign Service (IFS), Indian Police Service (IPS) among others. Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) IAS 2017 preliminary examination was held on 18 June 2017. Here, is the Preliminary Exam Paper of 2017:
IAS 2017: Prelims General Studies: Paper I
- Download in Hindi: UPSC 2017: CIVIL SERVICES PRELIMINARY EXAM PAPER – I (GENERAL STUDIES) -Hindi
- Download in English: UPSC 2017: CIVIL SERVICES PRELIMINARY EXAM PAPER – I (GENERAL STUDIES) -English
IAS 2017: Prelims Paper II – CSAT
- Download: UPSC 2017: CIVIL SRVICES PRELIMINARY EXAM PAPER – II (CSAT)
About UPSC Civil Service Preliminary Examination:
UPSC conducts examination for entry to Indian Civil Services every year. This year the civil services preliminary was conducted on 18 June 2017. The preliminary examination consists of two papers: General Studies Paper 1 and General Paper 2. Important aspects of the prelims examination:
- General Studies Paper II is only qualifying in nature, which means all the people who qualify the preliminary examination need to score at-least 33% of marks in Paper 2 (CSAT).
- Now out of all the people who scored more than 33% in CSAT paper, UPSC will check the General Studies Paper I and give marks.
- The candidates will be ranked based on the marks obtained in Paper 1
- The vacancies this year as announced by commission are around 980 and UPSC will select about 12-13 times of this number for admission to mains examination. (Notification page 20)
- Once, the list of such successful candidates is declared the marks obtained in Preliminary examination is immaterial and all candidates are equally qualified for selection to next stage.
- The Civil Services Mains Examination 2017 is scheduled to be conducted for 5 days beginning 28- October- 2017. (Exam Calendar)
- The main examination would consist of nine papers of conventional (essay) type, followed by a personality test (interview)