On 30th September 2020, Union Home Ministry released the reopening order for October 2020 that allowed for opening of swimming pools in areas outside the containment zones, being used for training of sportspersons, with effect from 15th October, 2020. Accordingly, Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports (MoYA&S) in consultation with the M/o Home Affairs and the M/o Health and Family Welfare has released the SOP for swimming pools operation to be used for training of Sportspersons, outside the containment zones.
Important SOP for Swimming Pool
- SOP applies to all SAI and non-SAI centres.
- Responsibility of the centre head and coach in-charge to ensure complete adherence to training protocols and to secure agreement from respective athletes that any training activity undertaken shall be in full compliance to the protocols mentioned hereunder.
- Obligatory self-declaration (could be in the form of text message) of the infection-free condition by players and staff re-joining the centre shall be provided to COVID Task Force officers before entering the premises.
- Athletes and staff shall be screened before being allowed access to common field-of-play/ training facilities. RT-PCR test shall be conducted for new/returning athletes.
- Use of Arogya Setu app shall be made mandatory for all athletes and staff at the centre.
- Maximum Pool Capacity / Batch
- 50 M 10 lane – 20 Swimmers
- 25 M / 50 M 8 lane – 16 / 16 swimmers
- Increase water sanitation level by maintaining chlorine level in the water at 2.0 PPM along with 7 to 7.40 pH of water.
- A COVID Task Force shall be constituted at each training centre to guide and monitor all trainees, coaches and staff within the centres. The Task Force shall be responsible for overall implementation of protocols outlined in this SOP.
- Swimming pool operators should have a dedicated officer responsible for COVID-19 considerations, making sure that they are up to date with central or local government recommendations.
- Office spaces, including conference rooms should be cleaned and disinfected every evening after office hours or early in the morning before the rooms are occupied. Prior to cleaning, the worker should wear disposable rubber boots, gloves (heavy duty), and a triple layer mask.
Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports (MoYA&S) – SOP for Swimming PoolsDownload Complete SOP PDF
This is not a government or official website. This is private information site, where information has been provided for benefit of people. We have made all efforts to provide genuine information & only government sites have been used for reference. However, users are requested to first check and act only on information provided by official sites.
Note: the government websites, official website all have .gov.in or .nic.in at the end of their address.