Singapore PM visits Rajasthan
India’s partnership with Singapore is hardly new, with firm contacts established as early as the Chola period in our country. The Prime Minister of Singapore Lee Hsien Loong visited Rajasthan on a two-day trip. Important developments summarized as under:
Rajasthan, Singapore ink pacts on Tourism and Urban Development
The governments of Rajasthan and Singapore signed two MoUs on Tourism & Urban Development.
- The MoU on tourism between Rajasthan and Singapore Cooperation Enterprise(SCE) was signed by the Rajasthan tourism secretary Roli Singh and the CEO of SCE Wy Mun Kong.
- The second MoU, between International Enterprise (IE) Singapore and Rajasthan was signed by the principal secretary, urban development & housing, Mukesh Kumar Sharma, and the IE assistant CEO, Tan Soon Kim.
With these MoUs, Rajasthan aims to deepen its association with Singapore and develop the state as a world-class, global tourist destination with advanced urban infrastructure.
Centre for Excellence in Tourism Training (CETT)
- PM Lee Hsien Loong inaugurated Centre of Excellence for Tourism Training in Udaipur.
- The CETT is being set up at the former campus of IIM Udaipur and 40 of our faculty will soon be leaving for Singapore to be trained.
- The CETT aims to produce chefs and front office staff, and the first batch will be graduating next year.
Earlier this week:
- Direct flight from Singapore to Jaipur was launched by Singapore-based low-cost airline, Scoot Airways.
- As per the schedule, the company’s Boeing 787 Dreamliner flights will operate from Singapore to Jaipur on Monday, Friday and Sunday, while flights from Jaipur to Singapore are scheduled on Monday, Tuesday and Saturday.
CM’s Welcome Article: Link