On 31st October 2020, the State Government has appointed shri Niranjan Kumar Arya as the new Chief Secretary of Rajasthan. Nirajan Kumar Arya was currently serving as additional chief secretary, finance, excise & taxation department. The State Government had requested extension of 3 month for outgoing chief secretary Shri Rajeev Swarup but it did not receive centre’s nod. Shri Swarup retired on October 31.
In total 21 IAS officers have been transferred, few other transfers include:
- Smt Veenu Gupta has been appointed as the Chairperson of Rajasthan State Pollution Control Board.
- Subodh Agarwal is now chairman of Rajasthan Renewable Energy Corporation (RRECL).
- Rajeshwar Singh is now the chairman of Rajasthan State Roads Transport Corporation (RSRTC)
- Akhil Arora has been appointed as the principal secretary of finance, excise & taxation department.
- Shikhar Agarwal has been appointed as the principal secretary tribal area development department.
- Ajitabh Sharma will now take charge as principal secretary, mines and petroleum, along with being responsible for department of Information technology & communication.
- Anand Kumar will take up the charge of Principal Secretary, Revenue, Colonization, Military Welfare Department, Disaster Management, Assistance and Civil Protection Department, Jaipur.
- Dinesh Kumar has been posted as Principal Secretary, Energy Department. He will also hold the charges of Director, Discom; CMD, Rajasthan State Electricity Broadcasting Corporation Ltd.; and CMD, Rajasthan Energy Development Corporation Ltd.
- Rajesh Kumar Yadav has been appointed as Principal Secretary, Public Works Department. He has also been given the charge of Director, Rajasthan State Road Development and Construction Corporation Ltd., Jaipur.
- Navin Mahajan will assume the charge of Secretary, Water Resources Department, State Water Resources Planning Department and Indira Gandhi Canal Department, Public Health and Engineering, and Ground Water Department.
- T Ravikant has been given the charge of Secretary, Finance (Revenue) Department.
- Manju Rajpal has been posted as Secretary, Rural Development and Panchayati Raj Department. She will also hold the charge of Commissioner, Panchayati Raj, Rajasthan, Jaipur.
- Navin Jain has been appointed as Secretary, Food, Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs Department, Department of Food, Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs and Planning, Planning (Manpower and Gazetteers) and Statistics Department, Rajasthan, Jaipur.
- Dr Prithvi Raj will take up the charge of Secretary, Finance (Budget) Department.
- Siddharth Mahajan will assume the charge of Secretary, Medical and Health and Familly Welfare Department.
- Dr Veena Pradhan has been given the charge of Divisional Commissioner, Ajmer.
- Dr Rajesh Sharma gets the charge of Secretary, Department of Ayurved and Indian Medicine Delivery. Sharma also gets the charge of Managing Director, Rajasthan Medical Services Corporation Ltd.
- Dr Arushi Ajay Malik will assume the charge of Special Secretary, Animal Husbandry, Fisheries and Cattle Department. She also gets the charge of Director, Rajasthan Cooperative Dairy Federation, Rajasthan, Jaipur.
- Dr Om Prakash has been made Commissioner, Agriculture and Horticulture Department, Rajasthan, Jaipur.
- Yagyamitra Singh Dev has been posted as Managing Director, Jaipur City Transport Services Ltd., Rajasthan, Jaipur.
About Shri Niranjan Kumar Arya
Born in 1962, Shri Niranjan Kumar Arya hails from Pali. He did his graduation in commerce and has a master’s degree in economics. He started his administrative career as an SDM in Bikaner North in 1989. He was currently serving as additional chief secretary, finance, excise & taxation department.
His wife Sangeeta Arya, a member of the State Congress Committee, had contested the state assembly polls from Sojat seat in 2018 and was nominated as member of RPSC in October 2020.