Rulers of Jhalawar
Jhala Zalim Singh , the dewan of Kota, developed Jhalawar (then Chaoni Umedpura ) as cantonment & township, to isolate Kota from Maratha invaders. In 1838, British rulers separated Jhalawar state from Kota state and gave it to Jhala Madan Singh, grandson of Jhala Zalim Singh.
Rulers of Jhalawar:
- Madan Singh (1838–1845)
- 1st independent ruler of Jhalawar.
- Pirthi Singh (1845–1875)
- Bakht or Zalim Singh (1875–1897)
- HH Sh. Bhawani Singh (1897–1929)
- HH Sh. Rajendra Singh (1929–1943)
- HH Sh. Harish Chandra (1943-till merger of Jhalawar State in Rajasthan.)