RPSC releases RAS 2021 Notification for 988 posts Apply from 27 July 2021
Rajasthan Public Service Commission (RPSC) has released notification for RAS 2021 Exam. As per the notification, the total number of vacancies have been declared as 988 for State & Allied Services. However, this number of posts can be increased/decreased based on vacant posts.
Eligibility for RPSC RAS 2021 Exam:
- Educational Qualification:- Must hold a Degree of any of the Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other Educational Institution established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University underSection 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Government in consultation with the Commission.
- Age limit for RAS Examination: Minimum 21 years and maximum less than 40 years. (As on 01 January 2022)
- Non-gazetted officer: Age should not be less than 25 years and not greater than 45 years.
List of Services:
Scheme of examination:
The Combined Competitive Examination will be held in two successive stages-
- (i) Preliminary Examination, and
- (ii) Main Examination
(i) Preliminary examination :
- The RAS 2021 Preliminary Examination will consist of one paper on the subject specified below, which will be of objective type and carry a maximum of 200 marks.
- The examination is meant to serve as a screening test only.
- The Standard of the paper will be that of a Bachelor‟s Degree Level.
- The marks obtained in the Preliminary Examination by the candidates, who are declared qualified for admission to Main Examination will not be counted for determining their final order of merit.
(ii) Main examination:
- The number of candidates to be admitted to the RAS 2021 Main Examination will be 15 times the total approximate number of vacancies to be filled in the year in the examination but in the said range all those candidates who secure the same marks as may be fixed by the Commission for any lower range will be admitted to the Main Examination.
- The written examination will consist of the following four papers which will be descriptive/analytical. A candidate must take all the papers listed below which will also consist of question paper of brief, medium, long answer and descriptive type questions.
- The standard of General Hindi and General English will be that of Sr. Secondary level. The time allowed for each paper shall be 3 hours.
Personality and viva-voce Examination(See rule 15):-
- The Candidates appearing in the main examination shall be required to obtain minimum 10% marks in each paper and 15% marks in aggregate out of the total marks of all papers in the main examination to qualify for appearing in personality and viva voce examination which carries 100 marks.
- Provided that relaxation of 5% in such minimum marks shall be given to the candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes/Schedules Tribes Categories.”
- The Commission shall award marks to each candidate interviewed by them. In interviewing the candidates besides awarding marks in respect of character, personality, address, physique, marks shall also be awarded for the candidate‟s knowledge of Rajasthani culture. However for selection to the Rajasthan Police Service, candidates having „C‟ Certificate of N.C.C. shall be given preference.
- The marks so awarded shall be added to the marks obtained in the written test by each such candidate.
(3) General Instructions :
- All papers shall be answered either in Hindi or in English, but no candidate shall be permitted to answer any one paper partly in Hindi and partly in English unless specifically allowed to do so.
- If a candidate‟s handwriting is not easily legible, a deduction will be made on this account from the total marks otherwise accruing to him.
- Credit will be given for orderly, effective and exact expression combined with due economy of words in all subjects of examination.
Syllabus and scope of the papers :-
- The syllabus and scope of each paper for the examination will be as prescribed by the Commission from time
- to time and will be intimated to the candidates within the stipulated time in the manner as the Commission deems fit.
RAS 2021 Notification
On 20th July 2021 RPSC has released the notification for RAS 2021 Vacancy. As per the notification:
|RAS 2021 Notification||Important Dates|
|Release of Recruitment Advertisement||27 July 2021|
|Application date||28 July 2021 to 27 August 2021|
|RAS 2021 Preliminary Exam date||To be declared|
|RAS 2021 Pre Exam Admit Card Download||To be declared|
Frequently Asked Questions on RAS
The notification for RAS 2021 Exam has been released by RPSC on 20th July 2021
The application process for RAS 2021 Exam will start from 28 July 2021 and will be open till 27 August 2021 midnight.
As per RAS 2021 Notification, as on 01 January 2022 – the application should be Minimum 21 years and maximum less than 40 years old. There are certain relaxation for applicants from ex-servicemen & reservation category.
As per RAS 2021 Notification, no limit has been specified on number of attempts. However, there are other criteria like age & education.
As per notification, the RPSC commission will soon release detailed examination schedule.
You can check out detailed syllabus of RAS prelims exams at RAS Pre 2021 Syllabus.
You can prepare for RAS exam without any coaching from home by following RAS Pre 2021 Guide