Concepts, Issues and Dynamics of Public Administration and Management forms Unit II of RAS Mains General Studies Paper III. This page lists topics as per the syllabus of RAS Mains.
Public Administration for RAS Mains
Administration & Management:
- Meaning, nature & significance
- Importance and Scope
- Role in developed & developing societies.
- Evolution of Public Administration as a discipline.
- New public administration (NPA).
- Theories of publicadministration.
- Principles of Organization
- Span of control
- Unity of command
- Concepts of power, authority, legitimacy, responsibility and delegation.
- Functions of management.
- Corporate governance and social responsibility
- New dimensions of public management, management of change.
- Aptitude and foundational values of civil services: integrity, impartiality, and non partisanship, dedication to public service,
- Relationship between generalists and specialists.
- Code of Conduct for Civil Servants
- Code of Ethics for Civil Servants
- Development Administration: Meaning, Scope and Characteristics.
Citizen And Administration
- Legislative control over administration.
- Judicial control over administration.
- Good Governance:
Administration in Rajasthan
- Administrative setup of Rajasthan
- Chief Minister,
- Council of Ministers,
- State Secretariat
- Chief Secretary
- Role of District Collector
- Role of Superintendent of Police,
- Sub-divisional and Tehsil administration.
- State Human Rights Commission,
- State Election Commission,
- Rajasthan Public Service Commission