Indian Political System
Indian Political System, World Politics and Current Affairs forms Unit I of RAS Mains General Studies Paper III. This Page lists topics as per RAS Mains Syllabus.
- Basic Structure.
- Ideological Contents: Preamble, Fundamental Rights, Directive Principles of State Policy, Fundamental Duties.
Institutional framework- I:
- Parliamentary System,
- Prime Minister
- Council of Ministers,
Institutional Framework- II:
- Centre-State relations,
- Supreme Court,
- High Courts,
- Judicial Review,
- Judicial Activism.
Institutional Framework- III:
- Election Commission of India,
- Comptroller and Auditor General,
- Union Public Service Commission,
- NITI Aayog,
- Central Vigilance Commission,
- Central Information Commission,
- National Human Rights Commission
- Role of Cast, Religion, Class, Ethnicity, Language and Gender in Indian Politics,
- Political Parties and Electoral Behaviour,
- Civil Society and Political Movement,
- Issues related to National Integrity and Security.
- Potential areas of Socio-Political conflicts
State Politics of Rajasthan:
- Party System, Political Demography,
- Different phases of Political competition in Rajasthan,
- Panchayati Raj and Urban self Government Institutions
- Emerging World Order in the post Cold War era,
- USA’s hegemony and its resistance,
- UN and Regional Organizations,
- International Terrorism
- Environmental issues.
Foreign Policy of India:
- Evolution, Determinants,
- India’s relations with USA, China, Russia and European Union,
- India’s role in UN, NAM, BRICS, G- 20, G- 77 and SAARC.
- Geo-political and Strategic development in South Asia, South East Asia and West Asia and their impact on India.
- Current events, persons and places of Rajasthan,
- National and international importance,
- Recent activities related to games and sports.