RAS Mains: Science & Tech
General Science & Technology forms Unit II of RAS Mains GS Paper 2. This Page lists topics as per RAS Mains Syllabus:
RAS Mains Science & Technology Topics:
- Concept and its application
- Nano Mission of India.
- Basic concept, radioactivity and its applications, civilian and military uses
- Different types of nuclear reactors, .
- Institutional structure for development of nuclear technology in India.
- Basic concept, Telecom application for socio-economic development of masses,
- Indian telecom industry with brief history,
- National Telecom Policy
- TRAI (Telecom Regulatory Authority of India)
- Types of missiles with reference to the India Missile Programme;
- Various chemical and biological weapons
- Role of DRDO in various fields (other than weapons).
- Basic Concepts
- Recent Developments w.r.t India
Science Basic Concepts:
- Electromagnetic waves
- Communication systems,
- Basics of computers,
- Uses of information technology,
- e-governance and e-commerce in administration.
- States of Matter
- Allotropes of carbon.
- pH Scale and importance of pH in daily life.
- Corrosion and its prevention
- Soap and Detergents – Cleansing action of soap.
- Polymers and their uses
- Applications of Biotechnology
- Associated Ethical and Intellectual Property Right Issues.
Food and Human Health:
- General awareness of digestive, respiratory, circulatory, excretory, coordination and reproductive system of Humans
- General Awareness of Balanced and Unbalanced Food,
- Intoxicants, Blood, Blood Group and Immunity (Antigen, Antibodies), Blood Transfusion, Immunization & Vaccination.
- Human diseases : Communicable & Non Communicable Diseases, Acute and Chronic Diseases; Causes and Prevention of Infectious, Genetic and Lifestyle Disease.
Other S & T Topics:
- Water quality and water purification.
- Public Health Initiatives with special reference to the State of Rajasthan.
- Contribution of Indian Scientists in Science and Technology.
Environment & its Conservation:
- Ecosystem : Structure and Function.
- Atmosphere : Composition and Basic nutrient cycling (Nitrogen, Carbon and Water Cycles)
- Climate Change;
- Renewable and Non-Renewable Energy.
- Environmental Pollution and Degradation – Environment Concern Section
- Waste Management
Topics Related to Rajasthan
Biodiversity and its conservation with special reference to the state of Rajasthan.
Water Conservation with special reference to the Traditional Systems in the State of Rajasthan
- Water Resource as Natural Resource
- Traditional methods of Rain-water harvesting
- Modern Methods of Rain-water harvesting
Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry, Dairy and Animal Husbandry with special reference to Rajasthan.
Answer Writing Practise
RAS Mains Science & Technology Paper Preparation