RAS Mains: Earth Science
Earth Science including Geography & Geology forms Unit III of RAS Mains GS Paper 2. This Page lists topics as per the syllabus of RAS Mains:
Earth Science for RAS Mains
Part A: World
- Broad Physical Features of the World:
- Earthquakes and Volcanoes: Types, distribution and their impact
- Earth and its Geological time scale.
- Current Geopolitical Problems.
Part B: India
- Broad Physical Features of India:
- Major Physiographic divisions of India.
- Climate of India
- Origin of Monsoon,
- Seasonal Climatic conditions,
- Distribution of rainfall
- climatic regions.
- Natural Resources:
- (a) Water, Forest, Soil
- (b) Rocks & Mineral: Types and their uses
- Population of India:
- Population Growth,
- Distribution and Density,
- Urban and Rural Population.
Part C: Rajasthan
- Broad Physical Features of Rajasthan:
- Major Physiographic Regions.
- Natural Vegetation
- Wildlife and its Conversation.
- Agriculture- Major Crops.
- Mineral Resources of Rajasthan:
- Energy Resources of Rajasthan: Conventional and Non-conventional.
- Rajasthan Demography
- Population of Rajasthan
- Tribes of Rajasthan