Part A: History, Art, Culture, Literature, Tradition and Heritage of Rajasthan
- Major landmarks in the History of Rajasthan from Pre-historic time to close of 18th Century,
- Important dynasties, their administrative and revenue system.
- Salient events of 19th & 20th centuries: Peasant & Tribal Movements. Political Awakening, Freedom Movement and Integration.
- Heritage of Rajasthan: Performing & fine Art, Handicraft and Architecture; Fairs, Festivals, Folk Music and Folk Dance
- Important works of Rajasthani Literature and Dialects of Rajasthan.
- Saints , Lok Devtas and eminent personalities of Rajasthan
Part B: Indian History & Culture
- Indian heritage: Fine Art, Performing Art, Architecture & Literature from Indus Civilization to British Era.
- Religious Movements and religious philosophy in Ancient and Medieval India.
- History of Modern India from beginning of 19th Century to 1965 AD: Significant events, personalities and issues.
- Indian National Movement- Its various stages & streams, important contributors and contribution from different parts of the country.
- Socio-religious Reform Movements in 19th and 20th Century.
- Post Independence consolidation and reorganisation – Accession of princely states & Linguistic reorganisation of the states
Part C: History of Modern World (up to 1950AD)
- Renaissance and Reformation.
- Enlightenment and Industrial Revolution.
- Imperialism and colonialism in Asia and Africa.
- Impact of World Wars.
Answer Writing Practise
RAS Mains 2018: History Questions Analysis
- Total Marks allotted to History & Culture: 75 Marks
- Questions came in 3 parts:
- Part A (10 Marks): 5 Questions 2 Marks each | Answer Limit: 10 Words
- Part B (25 Marks): 5 Questions 5 Marks each | Answer Limit: 50 Words
- Part C (40 Marks): 4 Questions 10 Marks each | Answer Limit: 100 Words
- RAS 2018: Subject-Wise Breakup
|No. of Ques.||2 Mark||5 Mark||10 Mark|
RAS Mains History, Culture, Heritage, Art & Architecture