RAS Pre 2019: Syllabus and Scheme of Examination
RPSC has not released the RAS Pre 2019 Syllabus. This post analyses the Syllabus in detail of RAS Pre 2018 as it is anticipated that the Pre syllabus would remain same without any major changes. Also, it is most probable that scheme of RAS 2019 preliminary examination would also remain same.
Note RAS 2019 Notification is not released by RPSC. This is tentative
Scheme of RAS 2019 Preliminary Examination:
- The Preliminary Examination will consist of one paper on the subject specified below, which will be of objective type and carry a maximum of 200 marks.
- Examination will be screening test only for admission to mains examination and marks obtained will not be counted in final merit. Hence, candidates need to just clear the exam.
- There will be 150 questions of multiple choice (Objective Type), carrying equal marks.
- There will be negative marking.1/3 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
RAS Pre 2019 Syllabus
Section A: History, Art, Culture, Literature, Tradition & Heritage of Rajasthan
- Major Landmarks in the History of Rajasthan,
- Major Dynasties, their Administrative and Revenue System.
- Socio-cultural Issues.
- Freedom Movement, Political Awakening and Integration
- Salient features of Architecture – Forts and Monuments,Arts, Paintings and Handicrafts.
- Important Works of Rajasthani literature.
- Local Dialects
- Fairs, Festivals, Folk Music and Folk Dances.
- Rajasthani Culture, Traditions and Heritage.
- Religious Movements, Saints & Lok devtas of Rajasthan.
- Important Tourist Places.
- Leading Personalities of Rajasthan.
Section B: Indian History
|Ancient & Medieval Period:
- Salient features and Major Landmarks of Ancient and Medieval India.
- Art, Culture, Literature and Architecture.
- Major Dynasties, Their Administrative System. Socio-Economic Conditions, Prominent Movements.
- Modern Indian history (from about the middle of the eighteenth century until the present)- significant events, personalities and issues.
- The Freedom Struggle & Indian National Movement- its various stages and important contributors and contributions from different parts of the country.
- Social and Religious Reform movements in the 19th and 20th century.
- Post-independence consolidation and re-organization within the country
Section C: Geography of World and India
- Broad Physical features.
- Environmental and Ecological Issues.
- Wildlife and Bio-diversity.
- International Waterways.
- Major Industrial Regions.
Geography of India:
- Broad physical features and Major physiographic divisions.
- Agriculture and Agro based Activities.
- Minerals – Iron, Manganese, Coal, Oil & Gas, Atomic minerals.
- Major Industries and Industrial development.
- Transportation– major transport corridors.
- Natural Resources.
- Environmental Problems and Ecological Issues
Section D: Geography of Rajasthan
- Broad physical features and Major physiographic divisions.
- Natural Resource of Rajasthan
- Climate, Natural Vegetation, Forests, Wildlife and Bio-diversity
- Major irrigation projects.
- Mines and Minerals.
- Major Industries and Potential for Industrial Development.
Section E: Indian Constitution, Political System & Governance
|Constitutional Development & Indian Constitution
- Government of India Acts: 1919 and 1935, Constituent Assembly, Nature of Indian Constitution; Preamble, Fundamental Rights, Directive Principles of State, Fundamental Duties, Federal Structure, Constitutional Amendments, Emergency Provisions, Public Interest Litigation (P.I.L.) and Judicial Review.
Indian Political System and Governance :
- Nature of Indian State, Democracy in India, Reorganization of States, Coalition Governments, Political Parties, National Integration.
- Union and State Executive; Union and State Legislative, Judiciary.
- President, Parliament, Supreme Court, Election Commission, Comptroller and Auditor General, Planning Commission, National Development Council, Central Vigilance Commission (CVC), Central Information Commission , Lokpal, National Human Rights Commission (NHRC).
- Local Self Government & Panchayati Raj.
Public Policy & Rights
- National Public Policy as a welfare state.
- Various Legal Rights and Citizen Charter.
Section F: Political and Administrative System of Rajasthan
- Governor, Chief Minister, State Assembly, High Court, Rajasthan Public Service Commission, District Administration, State Human Rights Commission, Lokayukt, State Election Commission, State Information Commission.
- Public Policy, Legal Rights and Citizen Charter.
Section G: Economic Concepts and Indian Economy
|Basic Concepts of Economics
- Basic Knowledge of Budgeting, Banking, Public Finance, National Income, Growth and Development
- Accounting- Concept, Tools and Uses in Administration
- Stock Exchange and Share Market
- Fiscal and Monetary Policies
- Subsidies, Public Distribution System
- Inflation- Concept, Impact and Control Mechanism
Economic Development & Planning
- 5 Year Plans – Objectives, Strategies and Achievements.
- Major Sectors of Economy- Agriculture, Industry, Service and Trade- Current Status, Issues & initiatives.
- Major Economic Problems and Government Initiatives. Economic Reforms and Liberalization.
Human Resource and Economic Development
- Human Development Index
- Poverty and Unemployment:- Concept, Types, Causes, Remedies and Current Flagship Schemes.
Social Justice and Empowerment
- Provisions for Weaker Sections.
Section H: Economy of Rajasthan
- Macro overview of Economy.
- Major Agricultural, Industrial and Service Sector Issues.
- Growth, Development and Planning.
- Infrastructure & Resources.
- Major Development Projects.
- Programmes and Schemes- Government Welfare Schemes for SC/ST/Backward Class/Minorities/ Disabled Persons, Destitute, Women, Children, Old Age People, Farmers & Labourers
Section I: Science & Technology
- Basics of Everyday Science.
- Electronics, Computers, Information and Communication Technology.
- Space Technology including Satellites.
- Defence Technology.
- Human body, Food and Nutrition, Health care.
- Environmental and Ecological Changes and its Impacts.
- Biodiversity, Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering.
- Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry and Animal Husbandry with special reference to Rajasthan.
- Development of Science and Technology in Rajasthan
Section J: Reasoning & Mental Ability
|Logical Reasoning (Deductive, Inductive, Abductive):
- Statement and Assumptions, Statement and Argument, Statements and Conclusion, Courses of Action.
- Analytical Reasoning.
Mental Ability :
- Number series, Letter series, Odd man out, Coding-Decoding, Problems relating to Relations, Shapes and their sub sections.
Basic Numeracy :
- Elementary knowledge of Mathematical and Statistical Analysis.
- Number System, Order of Magnitude, Ratio and Proportion, Percentage, Simple and Compound Interest, Data Analysis (Tables, Bar diagram, Line graph, Pie-chart).
Section K: Current Affairs
- Major Current Events and Issues of State (Rajasthan)
- National and International Importance
- Persons and Places in recent news
- Games and Sports related Activities
Download RAS 2018 Preliminary Exam PDF by RPSC: