Sub Inspector Exam 2021 – Notification, Syllabus, Notes
On 2nd February 2021, Rajasthan Public Service Commission (RPSC) has released an official notification for recruitment against 859 vacancies for the post of Sub-inspector Exam 2021. This page has resources to prepare for Paper II for Sub-Inspector Exam 2021
Sub Inspector Exam 2021 – Important Dates:
|Recruitment Notification||02 February 2021|
|Last Date of Application||10 March 2021|
|Proposed Exam Date||04 September 2021|
|Admit Card Release Date||To be Updated|
Scheme of Examination:
|Paper II||General Knowledge & General Science||200||2|
- There will be 100 questions of multiple choice (Objective Type), carrying equal marks. There will be negative marking. 1/3 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
- Candidates who obtain 36 percent of marks in each paper and 40 percent in the aggregate, shall be deemed to have passed the qualifying examination conducted by the Commission.
- The commission shall send the list of such successful candidates up to 20 times the number of vacancies on the basis of merit based on the aggregate marks obtained in the written examination.
Sub Inspector Exam 2021 – Paper I: Syllabus
- शब्द रचना : सन्धि एवं सन्धि विच्छेद, समास, उपसर्ग, प्रत्यय ।
- शब्द प्रकार :
- (क) तत्सम, अर्द्धतत्सम, तद्भव, देशज, विदेशी ।
- (ख) संज्ञा, सर्वनाम, विशेषण, क्रिया, अव्यय (क्रिया विशेषण, सम्बन्ध सूचक, विस्मयबोधक निपात)
- शब्द ज्ञान : पर्यायवाची, विलोम, शब्द युग्मों का अर्थ भेद, वाक्यांश के लिए सार्थक शब्द, समश्रुत भिन्नार्थक शब्द, समानार्थी शब्दों का विवेक, उपयुक्त शब्द चयन, सम्बन्धवाची शब्दावली।
- शब्द शुद्धि ।
- व्याकरणिक कोटियाँ : परसर्ग, लिंग, वचन, पुरूष, काल, वृत्ति (mood), पक्ष (Aspect), वाच्य (Voice)
- वाक्य रचना ।
- वाक्य शुद्धि ।
- विराम चिह्नों का प्रयोग ।
- मुहावरे/लोकोक्तियाँ ।
- पारिभाषिक शब्दावली : प्रशासनिक, विधिक (विशेषतः) ।
Sub Inspector Exam 2021 – Paper II: Syllabus
History, Art, Culture, Literature and Heritage of Rajasthan
- Ancient Civilizations of Rajasthan
- Major dynasties of Rajasthan and its rulers through the Ages and their cultural achievements (1000-1800 A.D.) – Read – Section 2 of Ancient History , Section 2 of Medieval History, Section 2 of Modern History
- Bhakti Movement and Sufism in Medieval Rajasthan
- Folk Gods and Goddesses.
- Political Awakening and Freedom Movement in Rajasthan:
- Peasant and Tribal Movements,
- Prajamandal Movements,
- Contribution of Women in Social and Political awakening.
- Folk Culture:
- Rajasthani Language:
- Rajasthani Literature: Its Evolution.
- Famous Writers and their Works
- Ancient & Medieval Period:
- Salient features and Major Landmarks of Ancient and Medieval India.
- Art, Culture, Literature and Architecture.
- Major Dynasties, Their Administrative System. Socio-Economic Conditions,
- Prominent Movements.
- Modern Period:
- Modern Indian history (from about the middle of the eighteenth century until the present)- significant events, personalities and issues.
- The Freedom Struggle & Indian National Movement- its various stages and important contributors and contributions from different parts of the country.
- Social and Religious Reform movements in the 19th and 20th century.
- Post-independence consolidation and reorganization within the country.
Geography of World and India
- World Geography:
- Broad Physical features.
- Environmental and Ecological Issues.
- Wildlife and Bio-diversity.
- International Waterways.
- Major Industrial Regions.
- Geography of India:
- Broad physical features and Major physiographic divisions.
- Agriculture and Agro based Activities.
- Minerals – Iron, Manganese, Coal, Oil & Gas, Atomic minerals.
- Major Industries and Industrial development.
- Transportation– major transport corridors.
- Natural Resources.
- Environmental Problems and Ecological Issues.
Geography of Rajasthan
- Physiographic Regions
- Rivers and Lakes.
- Natural Vegetation,
- Minerals Resources
- Energy Resources – Renewable and Non-renewable.
- Biodiversity and its Conservation.
- Production and Distribution of Major Crops,
- Major Irrigation Projects,
- Major Industries
- Drought and Famines,
- Environmental Problems,
- Disaster Management and Pandemics.
Indian Constitution, Political System & Governance
- Constitutional Development & Indian Constitution :
- Government of India Acts: 1919 and 1935, Constituent Assembly, Nature of Indian Constitution; Preamble, Fundamental Rights, Directive Principles of State, Fundamental Duties, Federal Structure, Constitutional Amendments, Emergency Provisions, Public Interest Litigation (P.I.L.) and Judicial Review.
- Indian Political System and Governance :
- Nature of Indian State, Democracy in India, Reorganization of States, Coalition
- Governments, Political Parties, National Integration.
- Union and State Executive; Union and State Legislative, Judiciary.
- President, Parliament, Supreme Court, Election Commission, Comptroller and Auditor General, Planning Commission, National Development Council, Central Vigilance Commission (CVC), Central Information Commission, Lokpal, National Human Rights Commission (NHRC).
- Local Self Government & Panchayati Raj.
- Public Policy & Rights :
- National Public Policy as a welfare state.
- Various Legal Rights and Citizen Charter.
Political and Administrative System of Rajasthan
- Chief Minister
- Council of Ministers.
- State Legislative Assembly,
- High Court and Judicial System of Rajasthan.
- Important Bodies:
- Administration of Rajasthan
- Institutions of Panchayati Raj
- Urban Local- Self Government.
- Government Policies
- Right based Citizenship:
Economic Concepts & Indian economy
- Basic Concepts of Economics :
- Basic Knowledge of Budgeting, Banking, Public Finance, National Income, Growth and Development.
- Accounting- Concept, Tools and Uses in Administration.
- Stock Exchange and Share Market.
- Fiscal and Monetary Policies.
- Subsidies, Public Distribution System.
- Inflation- Concept, Impact and Control Mechanism.
- Economic Development & Planning :
- 5 Year Plans – Objectives, Strategies and Achievements.
- Major Sectors of Economy- Agriculture, Industry, Service and Trade- Current Status,
- Issues & initiatives.
- Major Economic Problems and Government Initiatives. Economic Reforms and Liberalization.
- Human Resource and Economic Development :
- Human Development Index.
- Poverty and Unemployment:- Concept, Types, Causes, Remedies and Current
- Flagship Schemes.
- Social Justice and Empowerment:
- Provisions for Weaker Sections
Economy of Rajasthan
- Macro overview of Economy.
- Major Agricultural, Industrial and Service Sector Issues.
- Growth, Development and Planning.
- Infrastructure & Resources.
- Major Development Projects.
- Programmes and Schemes- Government Welfare Schemes for SC/ST/Backward
- Class/Minorities/Disabled Persons, Destitute, Women, Children, Old Age People,
- Farmers & Labourers
Science & Technology
- Basics of Everyday Science.
- Electronics, Computers, Information and Communication Technology.
- Space Technology including Satellites.
- Defence Technology.
- Human body, Food and Nutrition, Health care.
- Environmental and Ecological Changes and its Impacts.
- Biodiversity, Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering
- Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry and Animal Husbandry with special reference to Rajasthan.
- Development of Science and Technology in Rajasthan
Reasoning & Mental Ability
- Logical Reasoning (Deductive, Inductive, Abductive):
- Statement and Assumptions, Statement and Argument, Statements and
- Conclusion, Courses of Action.
- Analytical Reasoning.
- Mental Ability :
- Number series, Letter series, Odd man out, Coding-Decoding, Problems relating to
- Relations, Shapes and their sub sections.
- Basic Numeracy :
- Elementary knowledge of Mathematical and Statistical Analysis.
- Number System, Order of Magnitude, Ratio and Proportion, Percentage, Simple and
- Compound Interest, Data Analysis (Tables, Bar diagram, Line graph, Pie-chart)
|Major Contemporary Events and Issues of Rajasthan.|
Persons and Places in News.
Sports and Games.
|Rajasthan Current Affairs Section|
PDF Course Rajasthan for Sub-Inspector Exam 2021
Previous Year’s Question Papers:
Sub Inspector Comb. Comp. Exam – 2016