On 2nd November 2020, Rajasthan Public Service Commission (RPSC) has released an official notification for recruitment against 918 vacancies for the post of assistant professor in various colleges of Rajasthan. This page has resources to prepare for Paper III: General Studies for Assistant Professor Examination:
As you can check, the General Studies of Rajasthan Paper Syllabus is exactly same for both Assistant Professor in College Education & Lecturer in Technical Education Exam. Hence, this will help you to prepare for both the exams.
History, Art, Culture, Literature and Heritage of Rajasthan
- Ancient Civilizations of Rajasthan with:
- Major dynasties of Rajasthan and its rulers through the Ages and their cultural achievements (1000-1800 A.D.) – Read – Section 2 of Ancient History , Section 2 of Medieval History, Section 2 of Modern History
- Political resistance of Rajput Rulers against Muslim Power.
- Special reference to Rattan Singh, Hammir, Kanhad dev and Maldev, Chandrasen and Pratap.
- Bhakti Movement and Sufism in Medieval Rajasthan
- Special reference to Mira, Dadu and Khawaja Moin-ud-din Chishty.
- Special emphasis to be paid to teachings of Ramdevji, Gogaji, Tejaji, Pabuji, Mallinath, Dhanna, Pipa, Haridas, Raidas, Jasnath and
- Folk Gods and Goddesses.
- Political Awakening and Freedom Movement in Rajasthan:
- Peasant and Tribal Movements,
- Prajamandal Movements,
- Contribution of Women in Social and Political awakening.
- Folk Culture:
- Fairs and Festivals,
- Different Schools of Painting,
- Folk Tales and Gathas,
- Folk Songs,
- Folk Dances,
- Folk Music and
- Music Instruments.
- Dress and Ornaments,
- Rajasthani Language:
- Origin and Development.
- Main Dialects and Region.
- Rajasthani Scripts:
- Mudia and Devnagari
- Rajasthani Literature: Its Evolution.
- (i) Early Period
- (ii) Pre-Medieval Period
- (iii) Post- Medieval Period
- (iv) Modern Period.
- Famous Writers and their Works
- Rajasthan Tourism
- Tourism Policy and Vision.
Geography of Rajasthan
- Physiographic Regions
- Rivers and Lakes.
- Natural Vegetation,
- Minerals Resources
- Energy Resources – Renewable and Non-renewable.
- Biodiversity and its Conservation.
- Production and Distribution of Major Crops,
- Major Irrigation Projects,
- Major Industries
- Drought and Famines,
- Environmental Problems,
- Disaster Management and Pandemics.
Political and Administrative System of Rajasthan
- Chief Minister
- Council of Ministers.
- State Legislative Assembly,
- High Court and Judicial System of Rajasthan.
- Important Bodies:
- Rajasthan Public Service Commission,
- State Election Commission,
- State Finance Commission,
- State Human Rights Commission,
- State Commission for Women,
- State Information Commission,
- Auditor General.
- Administration of Rajasthan
- Chief Secretary,
- Government Secretariat,
- Chief Minister’s Office (CMO),
- Divisional Commissioner,
- District Administration,
- Institutions of Panchayati Raj
- Urban Local- Self Government.
- Government Policies
- Right based Citizenship:
Economy of Rajasthan
- Characteristics of state economy. – Note this section will be updated after State Budget 2021. So Please check after State Budget
- Occupational Distribution.
- Compositional trend of State Domestic Product.
- Major Sectoral Issues.
- Agricultural Sector:
- Characteristics of agricultural sector in Rajasthan.
- Major Rabi and Kharif crops with special reference to oil seeds and spices.
- Irrigated area and trends,
- Problems of migrant workers and their rehabilitation.
- Agricultural credit.
- Trends in livestock population.
- Milk production in Rajasthan.
- Industrial Outlook:
- Major industries of Rajasthan.
- Constraints to development of industries.
- MSMEs in Rajasthan.
- Roles and problem of small industries.
- Industrial sickness.
- Major state public sector enterprises.
- SEZ in Rajasthan.
- Role of RIICO and RFC.
- Agro-Processing Policy (2020).
- Service Sector
- Indira Rasoi Yojna.
- Infrastructure Development:
- Progress in power generation.
- Recent progress in solar power projects.
- Handicrafts of Rajasthan.
- Major items of exports from Rajasthan.
- Major welfare schemes of state government for economically and socially backward classes, disabled people, old-aged people.
- Steps taken for women empowerment and child development.
- Primary education, Development in recent years.
- Health programmes of state government.
- Mid-Day Meal Programme.
- Regional economic inequalities in Rajasthan.
|Major Contemporary Events and Issues of Rajasthan.|
Persons and Places in News.
Sports and Games.
|Rajasthan Current Affairs Section|
General Studies for Assistant Professor
Pattern of Question Paper
- Objective type paper
- Maximum Marks : 50
- Number of Questions : 100
- Duration of Paper : Two Hours
- All questions carry equal marks.
- Medium of Competitive Exam : Bilingual in English & Hindi
- There will be Negative Marking