Industries in Rajasthan
At the time of Independence, the state had inherited poor status in respect of development of industries. Until 1960, Rajasthan virtually had no place on the industrial map of India. However, with time the state has made significant progress with industrial sector currently contributing about 27.8% to state’s economy. With its abundant natural resources, highly skilled human resources and entrepreneurship, Rajasthan is fast emerging as a key industrial destination in India.
Rajasthan is the largest state in India, covering an area of approximately 3.42 lac square kilometres. Additionally, it has about 25% of area of National Capital Region (NCR). This unique locational advantage enables the state to have easy access to about 40% market of the country. About 60% of Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor (DMIC) & about 40% of Dedicated Freight Corridor (DFC) passes through the state. Rajasthan is also well connected to India’s largest proposed corridors such as Bharatmala, East-West corridor, North-South corridor and Delhi Mumbai Expressway.
Rajasthan has 347 RIICO Industrial Areas with 48,399 acres of developed Industrial land. It has more than 40,000 production units with theme based parks for Agro processing, Spices, Gems & Jewellery, Stones and Minerals. The state has 3 SEZs, 8 Inland Container Depots and 1 Air cargo complex
Important Posts on Industries in Rajasthan
- Industrial Profile of Rajasthan
- Important Industries of Rajasthan
- Important Departments & Organisations
- Index of Industrial Production, IIP
- Policies, Concessions & Facilities for Industries in Rajasthan
- Public Enterprises in State
- Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor (DMIC)
- Rajasthan Industrial Development Policy, 2019
- Rajasthan Investment Promotion Scheme 2019 | RIPS 2019