Agriculture in Rajasthan
Rajasthan, with its diverse agro-climatic conditions, is richly endowed in the cultivation of a variety of crops and a strong animal husbandry sector. Agriculture in Rajasthan, continues to be the backbone of the State’s economy with Agriculture & allied sectors contributing 25.56% of State’s total GSDP in 2019-20.
Agriculture Production in Rajasthan
As per preliminary forecast for the year 2019-20, the total food grain production in the State is expected to be 249.88 lakh tonnes which is a decrease of 8.06 per cent as compared to production of 231.25 lakh tonnes for the previous year. While Kharif output is projected to increase by 5.56 per cent, the Rabi output is expected to increase by 9.50 per cent.
Agriculture Allied Sectors:
Allied sectors of agriculture, primarily refers to activities including:
Highlights of Agriculture & Allied Sector in Rajasthan
Position in India
|First||Mustard, Guar, carom-seeds, Coriander, Fenugreek, Henna, Isabgol, Wool|
|Second||Gram, Cumin seeds, Vegetables, Milk|
|Third||Soybean, Pulses, Oilseeds|
- Rajasthan has 11.26% of the country’s livestock population and contributes about 12.93% of the total milk production and 32.89% wool produced in the country.
- Animal Husbandry Sector contributes 8.74% to GSDP attributing more than 1/3rd share in Agri sector GSDP.
- Rajasthan is one of the largest states in India taking part in organic farming, with over 81,000 hectares of registered organic farm area.
Important Schemes & Policies:
- Agriculture & related sector schemes in Rajasthan.
- Important Policies:
Important Posts related to Agriculture in Rajasthan
- Rajasthan Agriculture PDF Download
- Parliament passes the Essential Commodities (Amendment) Bill 2020
- The Farming Produce Trade and Commerce (Promotion and Facilitation) Bill, 2020
- The Farmers (Empowerment and Protection) Agreement on Price Assurance and Farm Services Bill, 2020
- GoI launches Kisan Rath App to help farmers
- Rajasthan Agri Export Promotion Policy 2019
- Organic Mahotsav 2019 to be held in Udaipur
- Zero budget natural farming in Rajasthan
- Quinoa processing units and Nanotechnology Pesticides
- Food Processing Industries in Rajasthan