Rajasthan RTO Codes of Districts
All motorised road vehicles in India have a unique registration number. The Vehicle registration plate number (commonly known as number plate) is issued by the district-level Regional Transport Office (RTO) of respective states. The Rajasthan Transport Department is the nodal state government department concerned with affairs related to motor vehicles in the state.
Regional Transport Office or Regional Transport AuthorityMeaning of RTO / RTA
The international vehicle registration code for India is IND.Do you Know
Functions of Rajasthan Transport Department
The Rajasthan Transport Department is mainly involved in the following functions and duties:
- Registration of Motor Vehicle – Trade Certificate, Temporary Registration, Permanent Registration, Issuance of Renewal and Duplicate Registration Copy, Ownership Transfer, Address Change, Reassignment, No Objection Certificate, Diplomatic Vehicles, Number Reservation, Registration Codes, Registration Display are few of the functions under Registration of Motor Vehicle.
- Issue of permits for goods and Passenger vehicles – Issuance of permits to Auto-rickshaw, Cabs – Luxury Cabs, Maxi Cab, Radio Cabs, City Cabs, Prepaid Taxi. Issuance of Temporary Permit, Private Service Vehicles, Education Institution Buses, Goods Carriage Permit, etc.
- Issue of driving and conductor licenses – Issuance of learner license and permanent license. Issuance of renewal and duplicate license and international driving permit.
- Enforcement of Motor Vehicle Acts and Rules – To ensure that the provisions under the Motor Vehicles Act is enforced.
- Collection of Motor vehicle taxes – Collection of various tax – Quarterly, Life time, Green Tax, Composite Tax, Border Tax, etc. Looking into Tax Exemptions matters.
- Vehicular pollution control measures – Checking noise and air pollution. Enforcing rules and regulation to maintain the same.
- Road safety measures – Enforcement of traffic rules and regulations.
Rajasthan Transport Districts:
The state has been divided into 12 transport divisions and 54 transport districts for smooth transportation and monitoring of the services. The posts of District Transport Officer have also been created in two major tax collection centres, Shahjahanpur and Ratanpur.
|S.No||Transport Region||No. of Districts||Transport Districts|
|1||Jaipur||5||Jaipur, Dudu, Kotputli, Chomu & Shahpura|
|2||Dausa||3||Dausa, Sawai Madhopur & Karauli|
|3||Sikar||4||Sikar, Jhunjhunu, Churu, Sujangarh|
|4||Ajmer||7||Ajmer, Tonk, Nagaur, Bewar, Didwana, Kishangarh, Kekri|
|5||Alwar||3||Alwar, Bhiwadi, Shah-Jahanpur (Tax collection Centre)|
|6||Jodhpur||5||Jodhpur, Barmer, Jaisalmer, Balotara, Phalodi|
|7||Pali||5||Pali, Sirohi, Jalore, Abu Road, Bhinmal|
|8||Udaipur||5||Udaipur, Banswara, Durngarpur, Rajsamand, Ratanpur (Tax collection Centre)|
|9||Chittorgarh||4||Chittorgarh, Pratapgarh, Bhilwara, Shahpura|
|10||Kota||5||Kota, Bundi, Jhalawar, Baran, Ramganj Mandi|
|11||Bikaner||5||Bikaner, Ganganagar, Hanumangarh, Nohar, Nokha|
RTO Codes & Area of Rajasthan
|RJ 13||Sri Ganganagar|
|RJ 25||Sawai Madhopur|
|RJ 32||Kotputli, Jaipur|
|RJ 33||Ramganj Mandi, Kota|
|RJ 38||Rawatbhata, Kota|
|RJ 39||Balotra, Barmer|
|RJ 40||Bhiwadi, Alwar|
|RJ 41||Chomu, Jaipur|
|RJ 42||Kishangarh, Ajmer|
|RJ 43||Phalodi, Jodhpur|
|RJ 44||Sujangarh, Churu|
|RJ 46||Abu road, Sirohi|
|RJ 47||Dudu, Jaipur|
|RJ 48||Kekri, Ajmer|
|RJ 49||Nohar, Hanumangarh|
|RJ 50||Nokha, Bikaner|
|RJ 51||Shahpura, Bhilwara|
|RJ 52||Shahpura, Jaipur|
Registration of Motor Vehicles in Rajasthan
The total number of motor vehicles registered with the transport department in the state has reached to 188.38 lakh by the end of December, 2019 which shows an increase of 6.37 per cent.
Contact Details of RTO Rajasthan
- Address: Transport Commissioner, Parivahan Bhawan, Sahkar Marg, Jaipur Rajasthan.
- Fax: 0141-2740177
- Email: email@example.com