Rajasthan State Sports Council
Rajasthan State Sports Council (RSSC) is the apex body at the State level to look after the development of sports activities and providing coaching to the players. RSSC was set up in 1957 (as per RSSC website) by the Government of Rajasthan and got registered as a society under Rajasthan State Society Act, 1958. The State Government has been providing grant-in-aid to the Council.
Rajasthan State Sports Council: Organisation
- Chief Executive: Chairman of Council
- First: Mr. V.G.Kanetkar
- Current Chairman of the Council: Mr. Bhaskar A. Sawant
- Chief-Patron of RSSC: Governor of Rajasthan
- Deputy Patron of RSSC: Chief Minister of Rajasthan
- Apart from Chairman, the Council also includes Vice President, Treasurer and 12 members nominated by the State Government.
- Out of these 12 members, 6 officers are ex-officio members.
RSSC: Roles & Responsibilities
- Looks after development of Sports in State of Rajasthan.
- Council also distributes sports awards namely:
- RSSC Website: Link
- Sports Policy of Rajasthan: PDF