Rajasthan Investment Promotion Scheme 2019 | RIPS 2019
The State Government of Rajasthan, has recently issued “The Rajasthan Investment Promotion Scheme, 2019” | (RIPS-2019) to provide benefits to eligible manufacturing and services sector enterprises. Additionally, the scheme also aims to generate employment opportunities and promote rapid, sustainable and balanced economic growth in Rajasthan.
The Scheme Rajasthan Investment Promotion Scheme, 2019 (RIPS 2019) has come into effect from 17 December 2019 and shall remain in force up to 31st March 2026.
Salient Features of Rajasthan Investment Promotion Scheme, 2019” | (RIPS-2019)
RIPS 2019 defines Industry 4.0 as the enterprises engaged in big data & analytics, artificial intelligence, nano technology, quantum computing, fifth-generation wireless technologies, simulations, horizontal & vertical system integration, cyber security, cloud, additive manufacturing and augmented reality across the business value chain.
Investment not eligible for benefits of subsidies/ exemptions under RIPS 2019
- Investment for manufacturing tobacco, tobacco products and pan masala.
- Investment made in cow beef processing units.
- Investment made in retail / trading activities.
- Any activity which is prohibited by Central/State laws.
- State Level Screening Committee (SLSC)
- SLSC shall be formed with ACS/Principal Secretary, Industries as Chairman
- SLSC shall have jurisdiction over large enterprises and enterprise(s) making investment in more than one district including service enterprises.
- District Level Screening Committee (DLSC)
- DLSC shall be formed with District Collector as Chairman
- DLSC shall have jurisdiction over all manufacturing sector Micro, Small and Medium Enterprise (MSME) and Micro, Small and Medium Enterprise (MSME) rendering services of Tourism Sector & Start-ups.
- State Level Screening Committee shall be empowered to hear and decide appeals against the orders of the District Level Screening Committee
- The Industries Department is the Nodal Office of this scheme.
- The Industries Department will maintain database and requisite information about the progress of RIPS to enhance transparency, improve efficiency and to create data for evidence base Policy Making