Rajasthan Industrial Development Policy 2019
Industries play vital role in economic development of the state. The industrial contribution (27.8%) to States economy is growing continuously. The Rajasthan Industrial Development Policy, 2019 has been prepared with a view to promoting inclusive, balanced, sustainable and eco-friendly industrial development, creating infrastructure and employment opportunities, promoting balanced regional industrial development to emerge Rajasthan as the most preferred investment destination in India with a robust eco-system.
- Rajasthan Industrial Development Policy, 2019 substitutes the Industrial and Investment Promotion Policy-2010 and shall come into force from 1 July, 2019.
Rajasthan Industrial Development Policy, 2019 – Vision
To make Rajasthan as the most preferred investment destination in India with the most conducive eco-system for inclusive, balanced and sustainable industrial development.
Rajasthan Industrial Development Policy, 2019 – Mission
- To develop and maintain industrial infrastructure
- To offer competitive fiscal incentives
- Maximize potential of human capital of the State
- Most efficient utilization of natural resources
- Special focus on ‘Backward’ and ‘Most Backward’ areas
- To foster entrepreneurship & innovation
- To promote industrial symbiosis and environmentally sustainable industrial development
- To support technological up gradation of Industry
- To usher in the new era of Industry 4.0
- To rationalize regulations and inspections
- To instil pro-industry outlook
- To strengthen the following thrust sectors of the State
- Textile & Apparel
- Agro Food Processing
- Electronic System Design manufacturing (ESDM)
- Auto & Auto-Components
- Leather & Footwear
- Mines & Minerals
- Gems & Jewellery
- Handicraft / Handloom / Khadi Industries
- Chemicals including Petrochemicals
- Pharmaceuticals & Medical Devices
- Service Sector
- Nodal Department:
- The Department of Industries shall be the administrative Department for the implementation of policy.
- It shall oversee functioning of all important sections/ agencies involved in policy implementation.
- It shall formulate detailed guidelines regarding policy provisions in consultation with concerned State Government departments.
- Industry 4.0
- Incentives for technology acquisition, skill development and R&D.
- R&D centres for bringing together researchers, industry and academia.
- Promote “smart factory” concept, special fiscal and infrastructure support to units using automation and data exchange in manufacturing technologies.
- Support to State incubators for upgrading facilities with new age technologies such as Internet of Things (IoT), FinTech, Clean Energy, Climate Engineering, Clean Transportation, Social Media, Mobility, Analytics, Cloud Computing, Robotics, Artificial Intelligence as well as in Pharmaceutical and Healthcare sectors.
Rajasthan Industrial Policy Monitoring Committee
Rajasthan Industrial Policy Monitoring Committee shall be constituted under the Chairmanship of Hon’ble Minister of Industries, Government of Rajasthan to periodically review (at least once in every quarter) implementation and assess impact of the industrial policy. The Committee will be empowered to take all necessary decisions for the smooth implementation of policy such as:
- To monitor progress of all institutions involved in the process
- To assign roles and targets to institutions involved and monitoring of work being performed
- To interpret and/or relax any provision of the Policy
- To frame and/or amend any guidelines or schemes under the Policy
- To review various measures for favourable business environment in the State for industry
Dispute Resolution Mechanism
For the resolution of issues related to the various departments in respect of functioning of the enterprises, the State Government shall constitute at least Two Tier Grievance Redressal Mechanism (District Level Grievances Committee, State Level Grievances Committee)
The enterprises shall register and submit their grievance on One Stop Shop” portal which shall be processed and resolved by the District Level Grievance Committee headed by the District Collector within prescribed timelines
State level grievance shall be addressed by the State Level Grievance Committee headed by Additional Chief Secretary Industries, Government of Rajasthan.
Export Promotion Council
An autonomous body of exporters, Rajasthan Export Promotion Council (REPC), shall be constituted to create mechanism of facilitation across all sectors for providing policy & regulatory inputs, issues & challenges in exports and probable solutions