Rajasthan Current Affairs Summary: October 2017: W1
Rajasthan Current Affairs Summary: October 2017
Deendayal Senior Tirtha Yatra Yojana
- Rajasthan State government will make 20 thousand senior citizens pilgrimage through air and rail routes this year under the Deendayal Senior Tirtha Yatra Yojana.
Rajasthan Tourism department introduces reforms to attract more tourist
With tourism season having started in the state, the tourism department is focusing on foreign and domestic tourists. Last year Rs 63 crore was spent for global publicity while this year Rs 25 crore has been sanctioned. The extra budget has resulted in improvement in the number of tourist arrivals has increased by 17%. The department is actively working to achieve the target of 5 crore domestic tourist arrivals in the state.
- Tourism department started global media campaign.
- The tourism department has prepared a marketing plan on different international platforms, which will include road shows as well as advertisements on foreign TV channels and magazines.
- Within the country, banners and hoardings have been put up in selected cities and publicity campaign in news channels, newspapers and magazine has been planned.
Person in NEWS: Mrs. Santosh Ahlawat
Member of Parliament from Jhunjhunu, Mrs. Santosh Ahlawat has been entrusted with the responsibility of representing India at the 72nd UN General Assembly session. Along with Mrs Santosh Ahalawat, the former Union Minister Smt. Renuka Chowdhury and the Rajya Sabha nominated MP, Mr. Swapan Dasgupta will also be present in the conference.
Mission Clean India in Rajasthan Update
To fulfill the vision of a clean and healthy India, Chief Minister announced the mission to the practice of open defecation by October 2, 2019 during the budget session of 2014.raj
- In this mission, 6946 (70.23%) gram panchayats out of the 9891 Gram Panchayats of the state has been released from open defecation.
- 13 districts in the state including Bikaner, Ajmer, Churu, Pali, Jhunjhunun, Hanumangarh, Sriganganagar, Jaisalmer, Nagaur, Sikar, Dungarpur and Sawai Madhopur and Chittorgarh have already been relieved from open defecation.
- Additionally, out of 43519 villages of the state, 29118 villages have been made open defecation.
- GRAM will be organized from November 7 to 9 in the premises of Maharana Pratap Agriculture and Technology University of Udaipur.
Important Rajasthan Cabinet Decisions
- Proposal for the construction of Mini Secretariat in Shri Ganganagar, worth 173 Crores was also sanctioned in the Cabinet meeting.
- Cabinet reviewed MJSA 2nd Phase & work-plan for 3rd Phase, to begin in desert & non-desert districts. from 9th Dec’17 & 20 Jan’18, respectively.
Jaipur tops in DBT transactions
The Bhamashah Yojna, a flagship scheme launched by Rajasthan Government three years ago, reached a milestone after direct cash transfer to the tune of Rs 10, 000 crore was crossed under it. The government is considering it a record as nearly 28 crore transactions have been done till date for the first time under the scheme.
A release by the government stated that more than 1.47 crore families and 5. 41 crore members are connected under Bhamashah Platform.
Development of religious monuments in Rajasthan
Chief Minister said that for the development of temples and monuments of the state, a sum of Rs. 551 crore has been prepared. 125 temples of the state and monuments of 30 folk gods and goddesses are being developed.
Road connectivity is also being developed for connecting religious places of the state, including Pushkar-Bundupushkar, Selamabad, Khatushyamji, Braj Chaurasi Parikrama, Mehndipur Balaji, Diggi Kalyan, Kaladevi and Ramdev.
A master plan has been prepared for the development of Pushkar. The master plan of 366 crores is of two stages. To enhance the beauty of Pushkar, the ghats will be developed and restored here. The Varah Temple, Bhatayv Ganesh Kund and Mana Mandir will also be developed along with the Brahma Temple.
- DoITC to develop virtual 3D model of Jaipur city
- The state government has decided to connect about 1,100 government schools in state with Wi-Fi service. This will facilitate students and teachers to access internet for study purpose.