Rajasthan Current Affairs Summary June 2017
Rajasthan Current Affairs Summary June 2017: Week 3-4:
Rajasthan to organize education festival
- Rajasthan is going to be the first state in the country where an important festival like ‘Education Festival’ will be held.
- This festival will be organized in Jaipur during August 2017,
- The theme of the festival would ‘One-Young-Rajasthan’
- It will be jointly organized Rajasthan Government and Gems Education Foundation.
Bhamashah Awards function organised
- Rajasthan state government honoured 109 Bhamashahs and 31 contributors for donating around Rs 62 crores for the promotion of education in the state.
- PN Sharma, chairman of CSRL, made the highest contribution of Rs 6.4 crore.
- Important Note: Bhamashah Awards are given to those individuals who have made donations in cash and land for betterment of the society. Bhamashah Awards were started by former vice-president of India, late Bhairon Singh Shekhawat, to recognize those individuals who have contributed in the progress of the state.
District Ranking in Education Sector:
Second Centre of Excellence of ICAI inuagrated in Jaipur
- The country’s second Centre of Excellence (CoE) of The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) was inaugurated at Chaisla in Jaipur district.
Rajasthan inks 3 MoUs to better health services
- Rajasthan state health department on Tuesday signed three Memoranda of Understanding (MoU) with different partners for strengthening health services in the state, especially to reduce infant and maternal mortality rate and provide quality family planning services.
- Tata Trusts, Reliance Foundation, United States Agency for International Development, MSD for Mothers, and Bill and Melenda Gates Foundation have signed MoU to provide technical support in bringing down the infant and mortality rate in Rajasthan. These development partners will ensure quality delivery services at primary and community health centres in four districts namely Ajmer, Bhilwara, Kota and Jhalawar.
- Similarly, Cairn Foundation has signed MoU for providing assistance in emergency delivery services in Barmer district. his developing partner will provide round-the-clock services of gynaecologist, paediatrician and anaesthetist at four first referral units at Baytu, Sindari, Dhorimmana and Balotara.
Rajasthan ranked first in fining violators of tobacco act
- Rajasthan state has toped the list of states in the country which has fined violators of Cigarette and Other Tobacco Products Act (COTPA) in 2016-17.
- According to the health department officials, across the country, 3.69 lakh people were fined but out of these, over two lakh persons were fined only in the state.
Rajasthan to get National award for online pension scheme
- The online system of pension schemes run by the Department of Social Justice and Empowerment Rajasthan, will be honored with the National Award
App to monitor drinking water sources
- State Government has launched “Rajdharaa App” to monitor quality of drinking water sources.
- Department of Information and Technology has devised its format and dedicated it to the Water Supply Department.
- Geo-tagging will be done through ‘Rajadhara Survey Mobile App’ of all the sources of Public Health Engineering Department.Through this, the data can also be shared on the basis of GIS application.
‘Abhutthanam’ booklet released
- Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje released the book ‘Abhyutthanam’, published on two years of working of Rajasthan Subordinate and Administrative Service Selection Board.
- Nandingh Naruka is the acting chairman of the board.
Bikaner to get ‘Abhay Command Centre’ soon
- After Jaipur, Bikaner is all set to become the second district in the state to get hi-tech state-of-the-art police control room to ramp up security through closed circuit television camera surveillance system.
12 new districts to get passport seva kendras soon
- After starting passport seva kendras (PSK) at post offices in four districts of the state, the external affairs ministry is set to have similar PSK’s at 12 more districts in the state.
- External affairs ministry had started passport seva kendras in districts including Kota, Jhunjhunu, Jaisalmer, Jhalawar, Udaipur and Bikaner.
- In second phase, these kendras would be opened at Ajmer, Alwar, Banswara, Chittorgarh, Churu, Dungarpur, Hanumangarh, Karauli, Dholpur, Nagaur, Sriganganagar and Pali in the post offices of the respective districts.
Biodiversity park on Ajmer-Pushkar Road
- The foothill area on Ajmer-Pushkar road will soon have a biodiversity park and space will be reserved for wild animals. The specialty of the park will be that it will have diverse plants that are found on the hills and the arid zone.
- This park will be similar to Nahargarh in Jaipur and Sajjangarh in Udaipur where wild animals have their personal space.