Rajasthan Current Affairs Summary June 2017: Week2
Jaipur Commissionerate launches Rajasthan Old Age Security App:
- Jaipur Commissionerate has recently launched Rajasthan Old Age Security App to provide safety and security to the senior citizens.
- In case of an emergency, the citizens can directly contact the Jaipur Police by pressing the ‘Panic’ button on the app.
- Checkout App
Rajsamand District Hospital selected for the National Quality Certification Award
- The Union Ministry of Health has selected Rajsamand District Hospital for National Quality Certification,
- The hospital has been selected after getting 82 percent marks in 8 different parameters in 18 departments like OPD, Accident and Emergency, ICU, Blood Bank and Labor Room.
Rajasthan signs MoU to battle child malnutrition
- The Rajasthan government has signed a memorandum of understanding with three funding agencies to improve the nutritional status of children in 50 blocks of 20 districts.
- The new MoU was signed by the National Health Mission’s (NHM) State unit and the State Women and Child Development Department with the Tata Trust, Action Contre La Faim (Action Against Hunger) of France and the Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN).
Mega Textile Parks in Rajasthan
- Industry Commissioner Mr. K. Lal Meena has enticed the need to further encourage investment by attracting new investors in State Integrated Textile Mega Parks.
- In Rajasthan, 6 mega textile parks are being developed with help of union government.
- These include, Jaipur Tex Weaving park in Kishangarh, Kishangarh High Tech Textile Park, Jaipur Integrated Tex Craft Park in Bagru, Nextgen Textile Park in Pali, Hemada Textile Park in Balotra and Srinath Mega Power Loom Cluster Park in Bhilwara.
Heritage Palace on Wheels for Shekhawati
- The luxury train Royal Rajasthan on Wheels(RROW) will replace the now running, Palace on Wheels (POW).
- The Palace on Wheels has been renamed as the Heritage Palace on Wheels (HPOW) and the train will in the last three years of its life time, traverse through the neglected land of decrepit frescoed havelis, the Shekhawati region
State Government starts purchasing Garlic
- For the relief of farmers (garlic cultivators), the state government has started garlic purchase through RAJFED at Rs 3,200 per quintal under Market Intervention Scheme (MIS) at Bhamashaha Mandi in Kota and four other purchase centres in Baran, Jhalawar, Bundi and Pratapgarh districts.
- To note: State Government buys wheet, rice at Minimum Support Price(MSP) mechanism, for other commodities like garlic government buys through Market Intervention Scheme.
Rajasthan Government announces पद्माक्षी पुरस्कार
- ज़िला स्तर पर प्रथम रहने वाली बालिकाओं को नकद पुरस्कार व प्रमाण पत्र
- 8th Board: 40,000
- 10th Board: 75,000
- 12th Board: 1,00,000