Vidhan Sabha Election 2018
- 15th Vidhan Sabha elected
- Ashok Gehlot elected Chief Minister for third time: 1998-2003, 2008-2013, 2018-
- Voters: (Data Source)
- NOTA Votes
- Cast in State: 500275 – which is 1.4% of total votes (Data Source)
- In 2013, 5,36,267 votes were to NOTA
- Maximum NOTA votes in Kushalgarh Constituency.
- Minimum NOTA votes in Ramgarh Constituency.
- Kailash Meghwal won by maximum vote difference (74,542)
- Jhabhar Singh won by least margin (152 votes)
- 24 Female MLA’s got elected (12%). (Source)
|S.No.||Name of Party||Seats||Percentage of Votes|
|1||Indian National Congress||99+1||39.30%|
|2||Bhartiya Janta Party||73||38.80%|
|4||Bahujan Samaj Party||6||4%|
|5||Rashtriya Loktantrik Party||3||2.40%|
|6||Communist Party of India (Marxist)||2||1.20%|
|7||Bhartiya Tribal Party||2||0.7%|
|8||Rashtriya Lok Dal||1||0.3%|
|2.5% (Other Parties & Candidates)|
The Indian National Congress won the Rajasthan assembly election held on January 28 for the Ramgarh seat in the Alwar district. The election was deferred after the death of Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) candidate Laxman Singh days before the state assembly polls scheduled on December 7, 2018. Shafia Zubair Khan got elected as MLA.
- Rajasthan Ministers Portfolio
Persons in NEWS:
Mahendra Singh Singhvi
- Mahendra Singh Singhvi has been appointed as the new Advocate General of Rajasthan
- Kapil Garg has been appointed as the new DGP of Rajasthan Police.
Gulab Chand Kataria
- Gulab Chand Kataria will be appointed as the new Leader of Opposition of Rajasthan Vidhan Sabha.
- Additionally, he has also been appointed as the Pro-term speaker for 15th Vidhan Sabha.
Places in NEWS:
Mahajan Field Firing Ranges (MMFR), Bikaner
- The 12-day long joint exercise between the Special Forces of of the Sapta Shakti Command and troops of the US Pacific Command Special Forces known as Vajra Prahar, took place at Mahajan Field Range, Bikaner.
- Mandawar Panchayat in Rajsamand district became Rajasthan’s third alcohol free gram panchayat.
- Kaachbali (Rajsamand) was the first & Rojda (Jaipur) was the 2nd Panchayat to become alcohol free.
Durga Energy, Dungarpur
- Dungarpur Renewable Energy Technologies Private. Limited (Durga Energy) located at Dungarpur, Rajasthan is India’s first Solar Module manufacturing plant that is fully owned and operated by local tribal women.
- The company is jointly owned by four Cluster Level Federations of women self-help groups from Dungarpur.
- The project is a joint initiative of Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay (IITB) and Rajasthan Grameen Ajeevika Vikas Parishad (RAJEEVIKA).
Olives in Rajasthan
- Olive oil refinery: Lunkaransar, Bikaner
- Olive Green Tea production: Bassi, Jaipur
- Due to unfortunate death of BSP candidate Laxman Singh, Vidhan Sabha By-Poll election will now be held on January 28.