Rajasthan Budget 2022 was presented by Rajasthan Chief Minister Shri Ashok Gehlot, who is also the state finance minister, today in State Legislative Assembly. The Rajasthan Budget 2022 highlights are presented below:
Rajasthan Budget 2022 – Fiscal Indicators
- Estimated revenue receipts – 2 lac 14 thousand 977 crore 23 lac
- Estimated revenue expenditure – 2 lac 38 thousand 465 crore 79 lac
- Estimated revenue deficit – 23 thousand 488 crore 56 lac
- Estimated fiscal deficit – 58 thousand 211 crore 55 lac which is 4.36% of GSDP.
Rajasthan Budget 2022 – Unique Highlights:
- First Agriculture Budget in the State.
- “Indira Gandhi Urban Employment Scheme” in urban areas for employment. 125 days employment in MNREGA scheme, estimated expenditure Rs. 750 cr.
- Three months Bridge courses for school students.
- Relief for 118 lacs domestic consumers- on consumption of electricity in different slabs, expenditure Rs. 4500 cr.
Rajasthan Budget 2022 Highlights – Agriculture Budget :
- Fund of Mukhya Mantri Krishak Sathi Yojna to be increased from Rs. 2000 cr to Rs. 5000 cr.
- 11 Missions under Mukhya Mantri Krishak Sathi Yojna.
- Rajasthan Micro Irrigation Mission – 5 lacs farmers to be benefited ,Mission amount Rs. 2,700 Cr., Centre of Excellence for Micro Irrigation
- Rajasthan Organic Farming Mission – 4 lacs farmers to be benefited in 3 years, Mission Amount Rs. 600 Cr., Organic Commodity Board
- Rajasthan Seed Production and Distribution Mission -Size of Beej Swawlamban Yojana to be doubled, Free Seed Minikits to 12 Lac Small and Marginal Farmers.
- Rajasthan Millets Promotion Mission – Mission Amount Rs. 100 Cr., 15 lacs farmers to be benefited, Centre of Excellence for Millets-Jodhpur.
- Rajasthan Protected Cultivation Mission– Rs. 400 cr. subsidy to 25000 farmers for establishment Greenhouse/Shade net/low tunnel.
- Rajasthan Horticulture Development Mission-15000 farmers to be benefited, amount Rs 100 cr.
- Rajasthan Crop Protection Mission – subsidy of Rs. 100 cr, on 1.25 lacs meter fencing.
- Rajasthan Land Fertility Mission
- Rajasthan Agricultural Labourers Empowerment Mission – 5000 subsidy per family for purchase of agriculture equipments.
- Rajasthan Agri-Tech Mission – Promotion of Farm Mechanization, 1000 drones to FPO and custom hiring centres IT/Mobile App based Integrated Farmer Support System
- Rajasthan Food Processing Mission– subsidy for processing units, Centre of Excellence for Apiculture.
- 60% subsidy to 1 lac farmers on installation solar pump sets, estimated expenditure Rs. 5000 cr., additional subsidy up to Rs. 45000 to SC/ST farmers.
- Pending 3.38 lacs electricity connections to be given to farmers, estimated cost Rs. 6700 cr.
- Interest free crop loans amounting Rs. 20,000 cr. to be distributed, 5 lacs new farmers to be included, Rs. 650 cr. interest subsidy.
- Interest free loan amounting Rs. 2000 cr. for non-farming sector, 1 lac beneficiaries.
- Rajasthan Irrigation Restructuring Programme, various works amounting Rs. 14,860 сr.
- 37 solar energy based micro irrigation projects, cost Rs. 550 cr.
- Various works amounting Rs. 9,600 cr. under Eastern Rajasthan Canal Project (ERCP), constitution of ERCP corporation.
- Various renovation and repair works of distributaries/minors amounting Rs. 600 cr. under Rajasthan Water Sector Restructuring Project for Desert Area-RWSRPD
- “Rajiv Gandhi Jal Sanchay Yojna Phase-Il“, Water Harvesting & Conservation works amounting Rs. 2600 cr.
Agri Storage and marketing :
- 11 Mini food parks, mini agro park at Chainpura (Niwai) Tonk
- Phyto-sanitary Labs in Kota and Jodhpur.
- Establishment of GSS on 4171 Gram Panchayat HQ in 2 years.
- 18 new Agriculture Colleges
Dairy and animal husbandry:
- Registration of 2500 new milk producer co-operative societies.
- 51 new Milk Routes.
- 5000 new dairy booths.
- Camel Conservation and Development Policy.
- 12 veterinary hospitals to be up graded to 1st grade veterinary hospitals.
- Block Veterinary Health Office (BVHO) and establishment of Primary Disease Diagnosis Labs in 1st grade veterinary hospitals at block level.
- Animal insurance to 6 lacs livestock breeders, estimated expenditure Rs. 150 cr.
- Regulatory authority for ensuring quality cattle feed.
- Rs. 5 per litre incentive in “Mukhya Mantri Dugdh Utpadak Sambal Yojna”.
Rajasthan Budget 2022 Highlights – Medical and Health Services :
- Rs. 10 lacs annual medical insurance cover for each family in Chiranjivi Scheme.
- Free treatment for Cochlear Implant, Bone-marrow Transplant, Organ Transplant, Blood/Platelets/ Plasma Transfusions, Limb Prosthesis (Bone Cancer) in Chiranjivi Scheme.
- Cashless Outdoor (OPD) and indoor (IPD) facilities in all government medical institutions.
- Mukhyamantri Chiranjivi Accidental Insurance Scheme, free accidental insurance cover upto Rs. 5 lacs.
- Construction of 15 hospitals, approx. amount Rs. 1224 cr.
- Nursing colleges in 18 districts.
- New medical Institutes in Jaipur, Jodhpur and Ajmer.
- 7 super speciality services in medical colleges at divisional HQ.
- 1000 new Sub-Health Centres.
- Up gradation of 50 sub health centres to PHCs, total 100 PHCS.
- Dialysis and dental facilities at Sub District Hospitals and CHCs at 352 blocks.
- Up gradation of 6 Sub District Hospitals to District Hospitals.
- Creation of posts and recruitment of 200 Food Security officers under Directorate of Food Safety.
Rajasthan Budget 2022 Highlights – Road Safety:
- Road Safety Act, constitution of ‘Rajasthan Public Transport Authority‘.
- State Road Safety Institute in Jaipur.
Education and Sports :
- 3820 Secondary Schools to be up graded to Senior Secondary Schools.
- 1000-1000 Mahatma Gandhi English medium schools in rural and urban areas.
- Cadre-within-Cadre for english medium teachers, recruitment of approx 10,000 teachers.
- 200 primary schools in Desert Districts.
- Education Hub at JLN Marg, Jaipur.
- 36 Girls Colleges in 19 districts of State.
- Centre of Excellence and Research in Jodhpur, cost Rs. 15 cr.
- Engineering college in Khaitan Polytechnic college campus Jaipur, cost Rs. 100 cr.
- Savitri Bai Phule library in each district.
- Residential Para Sports Academy in Jaipur and Jodhpur, cost Rs. 20 cr. each.
- Multipurpose indoor stadium in Tonk.
- Rajasthan State Sports Institute, Rajasthan High Performance Sports Training and Rehabilitation Centre in Jodhpur.
Youth and Employment:
- Nehru Youth Transit Hostel and Facilitation Centre in Udaipur house Delhi, cost Rs. 300 cr.
- ‘Rajiv Gandhi Knowledge Service & Innovation Hubs‘ in Jaipur, Jodhpur and Kota cost Rs. 200 cr. each.
- “Mukhya Mantri Work from Home – Job Work Scheme” for women.
- 18th National Bharat Scout and Guide – Jamburi to be organized at Rohat-Pali.
- Science Centres in Bikaner, Bharatpur and Kota.
- Anti Cheating Cell in SOG. Recruitment on 1 lac posts in various departments.
Rajasthan Budget 2022 Highlights – Industrial Development:
- Establishment of 32 industrial areas.
- Technology based Multi Storied Industrial Complex in Salarpur Industrial areaGreater Bhiwadi and Boranada-Jodhpur, cost Rs. 250 cr. each.
- Petroleum, Chemical and Petrochemicals Investment Region (PCPIR) in Pachpadra, Barmer.
- ‘Rajasthan Industrial Security Force’ for Industrial Units, Recruitment of 2 thousand Security Guards.
Social Security :
- Increase in SC/ST Development Fund, Rs. 500-500 cr. each.
- Rs. 100 Cr. EWS fund for Economically Weaker Section in General Category
- 1 Thousand Indira Rasoi, Rs. 250 Cr.
- Annual Expenditure 5 Thousand Scooty in ‘Mukhyamantri Divyang Scooty Yojana’ and 20 thousand Scooty in ‘Kali Bai Bheel‘ and ‘Devnarayan Yojana‘
- ‘Baba Amte Divyang University’ in Jamdoli, Jaipur
- Mukhya Mantri Rehabilitation Home Scheme for Homeless, old, working women and destitutes
- Implementation of ‘Indira Gandhi Matratav Poshan Scheme‘ in State.
- 6 hostels in ‘Savitri Bai Phule‘ Girls Hostel scheme.
Road and planned Development:
- Major repair works of 3 prominent roads in each district, Rs. 3,133 Cr.
- Works of missing link roads and non patchable roads in each constituency, total cost Rs. 2000 Cr.
- Major repair works of roads in Nagar Nigam, Nagar Parishad and Nagar Palika areas.
- 1000 KM State highways to be converted to 2 lane, cost Rs. 1200 cr.
- Rajasthan Smart City Scheme for Integrated development of Jodhpur, Bikaner, Bharatpur, Alwar, Bhilwara and Chittorgarh estimated cost Rs. 1500 cr.
- Extension of Metro – Badi Choppar to Transport Nagar and Mansarovar to 200 feet bypass Ajmer Road.
- Sindhi Camp Bus Stand Jaipur to be developed as Multimodal Integrated ISBT Hub, Satellite Bus Terminals at Sikar Road, Ajmer Road, Agra Road, Tonk Road and Delhi Road, total cost Rs. 750 cr..
- “Mukhya Mantri Regional Rural Development Scheme” for infrastructure and rural development in remote and backward areas of the State.
- Constitution of development authorities for Udaipur and Kota.
Drinking Water :
- Under Jal Jivan Mission (JJM) –
- 24 projects amounting Rs. 13921 cr.
- 36 projects amounting more than Rs. 10000 cr.
- Construction of 2 dams in Kotda Tehsil – Udaipur, cost Rs. 1800 cr.
Rajasthan Budget 2022 Highlights – Energy:
- Extension of Chhabra Thermal Power House, establishment of 2 units of 660-660 MW, cost Rs. 9600 cr.
- Extension of Kali Sindh-Jhalawar Thermal Power Project – Third unit of 800 MW Lignite coal based 125 MW Thermal Power Project in Gudha- Bikaner.
- Pre paid smart meter for 48 lacs consumers under Revamped Distribution Sector Scheme (RDSS).
- 400-400 KV Grid Sub Station at Dholpur and Udaipur, cost 650 cr.
- 7 GSS of 132 KV and 14 GSS of 33 KV.
Rajasthan Budget 2022 Highlights – Forest and Environment:
- Plantation in more than 50000 hectares forest area Botanical Gardens in Jodhpur, Bikaner, Kota, Udaipur, Bharatpur and Ajmer.
- Captive Animal Sponsorship Scheme for adoption of animals.
- ‘e-Waste Disposal Policy’ and ‘e-Waste Recycling Park’ in Jaipur.
Rajasthan Budget 2022 Highlights – Tourism, Art and Culture :
- Tourism development fund of Rs. 1000 cr.
- Re-commencement of Intra State Air Service.
- Adventure Tourism Promotion Scheme.
- Recruitment of 500 “Paryatak Mitra” for tourist places.
- Wagad Tourist Circuit in Dungarpur and Banswara region.
Law and order:
- Constitution of 500 Police Mobile Units connecting with Abhay Command Centres, Dial 100/Dial 112.
- Cyber Police Station in each district.
- 3 Additional SP offices and 7 Dy. SP offices.
- 25 courts of different categories.
- Construction of building for ‘Bar Council of Rajasthan’ in Rajasthan High Court Campus- Jodhpur.
Rajasthan Budget 2022 Highlights – Good Governance
- Smart phone with internet connectivity to be provided to women head of 1.33 cr.
- Chiranjivi Families under Mukhya Mantri Ditigal Seva Yojna.
- 181 CM helplines to be up graded up to 1000 seated call center.
- Block Chain Centre of Excellence ‘Rajasthan Guaranteed Service Delivery and Accountability Act’
- Construction of SIPF building, Civil Defence Training Institute.
- 14 new municipalities.
- Kotputli and Kuchaman City Municipality to be up graded to Municipal Councils. Construction of “Sainik Kalyan Bhawan” in Jaipur.
- Resolution of ACP related anomalies, annual expenditure of Rs. 1000 cr. Benefit of 7th pay for officials of Roadways, RTDC etc.
- Old Pension Scheme for officials appointed on and after 01.01.2004.
- 20% increase in honorarium/allowances for elected representatives of urban bodies and Panchaytiraj institutions.
- Simplification of accreditation rules for journalists.
Rajasthan Budget 2022 Highlights – Tax Proposals
Covid- 19 has adversely affected all sectors of economic activity such as Tourism & Hospitality, Real Estate, Farmers, Entrepreneurs, Traders and Common Man along Revenue of the State. Looking to this, no new tax was levied in last Budget and relief of approximate Rs. 900 cr. was provided.
Petrol and diesel VAT rates were reduced by Rs. 6 and 7 per liter respectively, after Jan., 2021, This resulted into addition burden of Rs. 6 thousand crores on State revenue. The economy is not yet fully recovered, therefore, no new tax is proposed in the Budget 2022-23 and around 1500 crores relief has been provided to all sectors.
1. Common Man :
- To provide Social and Economic support:
- Provision for transfer of ownership of residential Nazool properties for lower income group persons occupied prior to year 2000.
- 100% exemption of Motor Vehicle Tax for purchase of four wheeler with automatic transmission upto the cost of Rs. 10 lakh and Adapted/Retrofitted two wheelers/three wheelers by the specially abled persons.
- 1% rebate on stamp duty on vacant or constructed residential plots upto 100 Sq. yards.
- 1% rebate on stamp duty on vacant or constructed commercial plots upto 50 Sq. yards.
- Reduction in stamp duty from Rs. 5000 to Rs. 500 on release deed of ancestral property above the value of Rs. 10 lakh.
- 100% exemption of Stamp Duty on Gift Deed in favor of daughter or daughterin-law and wife.
- Reduction in stamp duty from 6% to 5% and registration charges from 1% to 0.5% on purchase of Immovable property by senior citizens more than 60 years of age.
- 100% exemption of Stamp Duty & registration fees on reverse mortgage executed in favour of senior citizens more than 60 years of age.
- 100% exemption of Stamp Duty & registration fees on loan documents executed for Educational loan by students.
- Budget for “Late Shri Gurusaran Chabra Jan Jagrukta Abhiyan” increased from 5 cr. to 10 cr.
- Model Sub-registrar offices will be opened in Jaipur, Jodhpur and Bhiwadi in line with the Passport Offices.
- Creation of Tax Facilitation and Support Centre at Commercial Tax Headquarter with the cost of Rs. 100 Cr. and establishment of an additional divisional transport office at Jaipur.
2. Farmers and Agro based Entrepreneur :
- Interest subsidy for establishment/ expansion or agro based MSME under Chief Minister Small Industries Promotion Scheme enhanced from 8% to 9%.
- The period of Interest Exemption Scheme 2019 for Mandi Fee/Allotment Fee, extended upto 30th September, 2022.
- Allotment of plots at reserve price in Mandi Yards for application of traders pending prior to the year 2010.
- Allotment of Government Land for new Mandies and Mini Food Parks announced in budget year 2020-21, 2021-22 and this budget at free of cost.
- Exemption of Farmers Welfare Fee payable till 31 March, 2022, extended for one more year.
3. Tourism and Hospitality Sector :
- Tourism and Hospitality Sector accorded the status of industry, thereby fulfilled the demand pending for years.
- Rajasthan Rural Tourism Scheme be introduced and 100% exemption from stamp duty, 100 % reimbursement of SGST for 10 years and 9% interest subsidy for the loan amount up to Rs. 25 lakh.
- The buildings constructed prior to 01.01.1950 be treated as heritage properties and concessional rate of stamp duty be charged for purchase/lease of these properties for hotel purpose.
- Rates of land for resort, sports resort, health resort, camping site, amusement park, animal safari park will be determined equal to agriculture rates of convention center/community hall will be equal to residential rates in urban areas and agriculture rate in rural area.
- Reimbursement of SGST for hotel and tour operators up to 50% for the period January 2022 to March, 2022.
4. Industries :
- Exemption of e-way bill for transportation of goods within the city extended from Rs. 1 lakh to 2 lakh.
- The period of exemption for MSMEs from sanctions and inspection extended from 3 to 5 years.
- Exemption from conversion charges for converting private agriculture land for white category industry/enterprises purposes in rural areas.
- Upper limit of stamp duty reduced to Rs. 15 lakh for loan instruments/debt assignment executed by industries.
- Upper limit of stamp duty reduced to Rs. 50 cr. on instruments of merger/demerger of companies.
- In RIICO areas for specified industries plots will be allotted directly along with auction process.
5. Investment promotions :
- Benefits under RIPS-2010 and RIPS-2014 extended for 1 year for the eligible enterprises.
- Enterprises availing benefits of customized package under RIPS-2003, RIPS-2010 and RIPS-2014 shall also be eligible under RIPS-2019 if their commercial production start or would be started in the operative period of RIPS-2019.
- Enterprises established in Petroleum, Chemicals and Petrochemicals Investment Region (PCPIR) at Rajasthan Refinery Barmer for sunrise sectors will get benefits of RIPS-2019 thrust sector.
- Provision for capital subsidy to the units not getting benefit of SGST reimbursement in the State.
- Service sector units in Inland Container Depot (ICD) be accorded status of Thrust Sector under RIPS-2019.
- Capital subsidy limit under RIPS-2019 for Thrust Sector-Gems & Jewellery increased from Rs. 25 lakh to Rs. 1 cr.
- Provision of capital subsidy for Sports Good Sectors and Private Sports Academes up to Rs. 1 cr. under Service Sector of RIPS-2019.
- New Rajasthan Investment Promotion Scheme-2022 will be introduced with better benefits to enterprises.
- Provision of Rs. 150 cr. for Chief Minister Small Industry Promotion Scheme.
6. SC/ST and Weaker Sections entrepreneurs :
- “Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar Rajasthan Dalit, Adiwasi Udyam Protsahan Yojna-2022” be introduced with following benefits –
- With the cost of Rs. 100 cr. Incubation cum Training Centre be established with cooperation of CII/DICCI for helping deprived sections of the society to establish industries.
- In RIICO areas, allotment of plot size up to the limit of 4000 sq. mtr. in place of present 2000 sq. mtr. Jimit and increase in reservation from 5% to 6%.
- 100% exemption from interest on installments of land cost and 75% rebate on conversion charges.
- 100 % exemption of stamp duty for purchase, lease and mortgage of land.
- 1% additional interest subsidy under Chief Minister Small Industry Promotion Scheme.
- 100% reimbursement of SGST for 7 years.
7. Amnesty Schemes :
- To recover outstanding demands the following Amnesty Schemes-2022 will be introduced with simplification of procedures, waiver of interest and penalty along with partial rebate in tax amount for better benefits :
- Commercial Taxes : repealed Acts – Sales Tax, VAT, Entry Tax etc.
- Registration and Stamps
- DISCOMs – Electricity Vigilance Checking Report (VCR)
8. Real Estate :
- Rebate in DLC amount to large residential and commercial plots.
- Extension of one year in the time limit for 2% rebate of stamp duty on purchase of flats upto the value of Rs. 50 lakh.
- Rebate in stamp duty on successive sale of properties within 1 to 3 years.
9. Mining Lease holders :
- Mining Lease/Quarry Licenses of minor minerals expiring on 31.03.2025 be extended up to 31.03.2040 on certain premium amount.
- Removal of maximum limit of 4 hectares mining lease for minor minerals on Khatedari land.
- Execution of lease agreement without environment clearance on the condition that mining activity will be started after getting environment clearance.
- Reduction in the limit of dead rent/license fee from 10 times to 5 times and maximum premium amount from Rs. 10 lakh to Rs. 5 lakh for transfer of minor mineral lease.
- Exemption of 50% Motor Vehicle Tax on CNG Kit Retrofitment vehicles.
- Divisional Contract Carriage Permits be allowed with 70% rebate on Motor Vehicle Tax charged from all Rajasthan permits.
- The buses depositing tax from April to February regularly be entitled for 25% Rebate in Motor Vehicle Tax for the month of March.
- Maximum limit of surrendering RC be extended upto 180 days in a calendar year.
11. Media :
- The allowable limit for sub-letting constructed buildings by Media be increased from 40% to 60% of built-up area.