On February 20, 2020 – Rajasthan Chief Minister Shri Ashok Gehlot presented the state budget for year 2020-2021. This post summarises Rajasthan Budget 2020-21 highlights:
- Estimated revenue receipts `1 lac 73 thousand 404 crore 42 lac
- Estimated revenue expenditure `1 lac 85 thousand 750 crore 3 lac
- Estimated revenue deficit `12 thousand 345 crore 61 lac
- Estimated fiscal deficit `33 thousand 922 crore 77 lac which is 2.99% of GSDP.
Medical & Health
- Provision of `14 thousand 533 cr. 37 lacs for Medical and Health related departments
- Establishment of Nirogi Rajasthan Prabandhan Kosh of `100 cr.
- Early intervention center at district level
- Strict Action for adulteration, establishment of an Authority, Fast Track Court
- Upgrading govt. Hospitals of Pipar City and Phalodi as District Hospital
- Mother and Child Care centre at Osian
- New Trauma Centers at Sanchor, Sojat city, Lohavat, Taranagar, Balesar and Bhopalgarh
- New Cancer Registry System
- MRI/CT Scan facility on PPP mode in District Hospitals, wherever possible
- PET CT SCAN Machine at Jaipur, Jodhpur and Bikaner.
- Dental Chair with X-ray machine at 150 health establishments
- Increase of 1000 beds in hospitals
- Completing construction of 15 new Medical Colleges in next 4 years with exp. of approx `5000 cr.
- Developing Udaipur, Kota, Ajmer and Bikaner main hospitals as Organ Retrieval Centers
- New Gastrosurgery, Organ transplantation and Nuclear medicine departments in SMS Medial College, Jaipur
- New DSA machine worth of ` 10 cr.
- New Pediatric Cath Lab at MDM Hospital, Jodhpur
- G + 8 IPD Block at SMS Hospital, Jaipur with exp. of `28 cr.
- Proper running of State Cancer Institute at Jaipur
- Exp. of `57 cr. on various developmental works in MDM Hospital, Jodhpur and Regional Cancer Center with exp. of approx `10 cr
- New Homeopathic colleges at Ajmer and Jodhpur with exp. of `18 cr
- New integrated Aayush Hospital of 50 beds at Sikar with exp. of `4.50 cr
- • Provision of `3 thousand 420 cr. 6 lacs
- • 12500 farm ponds, exp. of `150 cr
- • Provision of `91 crore for micro irrigation facility
- • 25000 Solar Pumps with exp. `267 cr
- • Advance storage of 2 lac ton Urea and 1 lac ton DAP with exp. `30 cr
- • Increase of area under Date farming on 1500 hectare area in next 4 years
- • 100 custom hiring centres with exp. of `8 cr
- • 44 new independent mandi, 100 new Gaun Upaj Mandi
- • Loan worth 1800 cr. distribution to more than 8 lac first time coop. members
- • `534 cr interest subsidy to CCBs
- • 2000 new GSS in next four years
- • 500 selected PACS / LAMPS will be benefited with solar energy
- • 130 new godowns at GSS, KVSS and Upbhokta Bhandar with exp. of `22 cr
- New Sexed Sorted Semen Scheme, `10 cr
- Training to 4000 cattle rearers
Women and Child Development
- A-3 APP for Anganbadi Karyakarata, Asha Sahyogini and ANM
- Indira Gandhi Mahila Shodh Sansthan at Jaipur
- Improving quality of Anganbadi Poshahar
Rajasthan Budget 2020-21 Highlights
- • Provision of `8 thousand 500 cr. 7 lacs
- • Announcement of राजस्थान राज्य आर्थिक पिछड़ा वर्ग बोर्ड
- • Palanhar Hostels (Half way home) at every divisional headquarter
- • Announcement of Nehru Bal Sanrakshan Kosh `100 cr.+
- • As next stage to Cochlear implant policy for mandatory hearing screening
- • Construction of residential school buildings for minority boys and girls at Masuda and Kaman Block, exp. `41.60 cr
- • Construction of 3 minority girls hostel buildings at Nagaur, Sawai Madhopur and Ladnu
- • 100 bed boys hostel at Jaipur, `5 cr
- • Grant of `5 cr. to Waqf Board
- • Skill Developmental Centers at Pratapgarh, Dungarpur and Udaipur
- • Increasing capacity of tribal residential schools upto 2400 with exp. of `10 cr
- • Separate cadre for hostel wardens
- Subsidy of `45000 each to tribal farmers for Solar Pump, `22.50 cr
Youth Affairs and Sports
- • Block and District level games, exp. of `5 cr
- • 500 Sports Coaches on contract, `10 cr annual
- • Increasing DA of sports persons
- • Increasing prize money for Olympics, Asian games and Commonwealth games medal winners
- • Rajasthan International Exports Expo at Jodhpur
- • New Industrial Areas at Alwar, Churu, Sikar, Jalor, Tonk, Bundi, Bharatpur, Banswara and Udaipur
- • Plug and play facility at SEZ-2 Sitapura Jaipur
- • Khadi Plaza at Jaipur, `10 cr
- • Financial assistance for computerization of 144 Khadi Institutions and Bunkar Sangh, Exp. of `2 cr
Mines and Petroleum
- E-auction of at least 2000 hectare blocks of major minerals and 1000 hectare blocks of minor minerals
- 3 Petroleum Exploration Licences will be sanctioned
- New DD Petroleum Office in Barmer
- Dedicated skill center at Jodhpur and Barmer for Hydrocarbon sector
Rural Development and Panchayat Raj
- Construction of new office buildings of 57 new PS and 1456 new GPs, as per need
- • Developing policy of ‘Ease of Traveling in Rajasthan’
- • Announcement of Tourism Development Fund `100 cr
- • ` 4 cr for renovation of 4 heritage properties of RTDC
- • Training of 1000 State level and 5000 local guides
Rajasthan Budget 2020-21 Highlights
- • Provision of `39 thousand 524 cr. 27 lacs
- • English Medium Mahatma Gandhi School at remaining each 167 blocks
- • Additional faculty in 200 and additional subject in 300 Senior Higher Secondary Schools as per requirement, `25 crore
- • For physical, mental and intellectual development of students Saturday will be No Bag Day in all govt. schools
- • 66 new KGBV in 3 years, 22 KGBV in first phase
Higher and Technical Education
- • Skill enhancement and employable training (SEET) for skill developmental
- • Rajiv Gandhi E-content Bank for Video lectures in colleges
- • MBM Engineering college, Jodhpur will be upgraded with University level facilities
- • Provision of `8 thousand 794 cr. 51 lacs
- • Re-structuring works of ` 750 crore for 500 Janta Jal Yojna, `100 cr for year 2020-21
- • Works of total `625 cr will be taken up for 250 villages for नल से हर घर में पेयजल आपूर्ति exp. of `160 cr
- • Works of 30 projects in 16 districts will be initiated to provide drinking water for Rural Families, `1350 cr
- • Project of total `165 cr for Jaipur, , `50 cr for year 2020-21
- • Provision of `18 thousand 530 cr. 75 lacs
- • Development of Ultra Mega Solar Park
- • Establishment of 800 MW Solar Plants at RVUNL power plants
- • Development of green energy city, 300 MW Rooftop Solar Systems in next 5 years
- • Total 50000 Agricultural Electricity connections will be given on priority
- • 2 block electricity in day time to farmer in phased manner, 6 new GSS of 220 KV, 30 new GSS 132 KV and 287 new sub station of 33 KV and increasing capacity of 1500 sub stations, total exp. of `2000 cr.
- • 9 new GSS of 132 KV will be commissioned
- • Provision of `6 thousand 808 cr. 63 lacs
- • Upgrading 8,663 KM rural roads with exp. of 4,245 cr. by March, 2025 under PMGSY-III
- • Renewal of severely damaged roads with approx. 400 cr.
- • Mandatory treatment by Private Hospital in case of Accidents
- • Primary Trauma Centre at 40 CHC
- मुख्यमंत्री सड़क सुरक्षा पुरस्कार
- Upgrading Pipad city transport office to DTO
- • Traffic Park in each District
Water Resources and CAD
- • Provision of `4 thousand 557 cr. 87 lacs
- • Renovation of 18 Dams with total Exp. of ` 503 cr under DRIP
- • Works of 378 cr. under RWSRPD
- ERCP to be given top priority
- Efforts to get ERCP declared as National Project
LSG & UDH
- • Town Hall at Dholpur & Karauli
- • DPR for Auditorium at Jodhpur
- • Purchasing equipments of `176 cr. for Sewer cleaning etc.
- • ROB at Civil Line, Jaipur
- • Parking at Ramniwas Bagh, Exp. of `100 cr.
- • Developing Coaching Hub in Jaipur
- • High Level Bridge in Bhilwara on Kothari River
- • Under Pass and Elevated roads in Kota, Exp. `250 cr
Skill and Employment
- • Announcement of Rajasthan Shramik Kalyan Kosh`10 cr.
- • E-class room at Govt. all 229 ITIs
- मुख्यमंत्री कौशल मार्गदर्शन योजना
Science and Technology
- New Regional Science Office at Bharatpur
- राजीव @75 फण्ड for Startups, Rs 75 cr.
- • Online BPAS at all Urban Local Bodies
- • Artificial intelligence Lab
- • PDS benefits by Jan Aadhar Card
Art and Culture
- • Renovation of 22 Monuments, exp. of 22.70 cr.
- • 2 cr. Historical Records will be digitised and made online
- राजस्थान रत्न पुरस्कार योजना will be started again
Forest and Environment
- Gurunanak Jayanti Parks at Hanumangarh, Sriganganagar, Kota, Alwar & Bundi.
- Constitution of राजस्थान राज्य वन विकास निगम
Food and Civil Supplies
- • Computarization of Food and Civil Supplies Offices, ` 16 Cr.
- • Fair price shops will be autorized for E-Mitra Centres
Relief, Disaster Management and Civil Defense
- • `10-10 Cr. Model equipments to Civil Defense and State Disaster Response Force
- • Drone to District Collectors
- • 100 Fire Tenders to Districts, `26 cr.
- • `12 cr. for water resources department for flood control, `3 cr. for forest department for control of forest fire
- • Extension of ERSS, total exp. of `100 cr.
- • Two new field units in SOG against Mafias
- • One new Anti-narcotic unit in SOG
- • Setting up of DNA division in regional labs of Jodhpur and Ajmer
GAD and ARD
- • Pilot Project for Door Step Delivery of Govt. Services in Jaipur and Jodhpur
- • Rajasthan State Flying School (Club) will be started again
Revenue and Sainik Kalyan
- • Construction 35 revenue offices/residences with exp. `25 cr.
- • 12 Modern Survey equipments for Settlement Department
- • Modernisation of 24 District Sainik Offices
- • Construction of Shaheed Smaraks at 14 Districts, exp. `2.80 cr.
- Expansion of वरिष्ठ नागरिक तीर्थ यात्रा योजना and proportionate participation
- 48 new Courts in Year 2020-21
- • Increase in DA from 12 to 17 percent from July, 2019
- • Recruitment on approx 53000 posts
- • Decision for Multi storey residences for Hon’ble MLAs near Vidhan Sabha
- • Women Welfare, Rajasthan FPO, Handicrafts and Startup Policy
Rajasthan Budget 2020-21 Highlights: Tax Proposals
Stamp & Registration Department:
- • Concession in stamp duty shall be given on lease deedsexecuted by State Government and Local Authorities.
- • Full Exemption from stamp duty and concession in registration fees shall be given on transfer of Sick Micro and Small Enterprises.
- • Stamp duty shall be calculated on auctionprice in case of auction sale of immovable property of Sick Micro and Small Enterprises.
- • Discrepancies in DLC Ratesespecially of Group Housing Schemes shall be removed in Neemrana, Bhiwari and Alwarareas.
- • Amnesty Scheme will be launched to give100% waiver of interest and penalty payable on stamp duty.
- • Existing DLC rates will be reduced by 10% to facilitate industries and DLC rates will not be revised in next year also. Rates of stamp duty will be increased by 1%.
- • Facility of online payment of stamp duty will be provided on loan documents executed by Banks and NBFCs online on the portal of National e-governance Services Ltd.(NeSL).
- • Time limit for adjudication of stamp duty on the instruments by Collector (Stamps) will be fixed one month in case of instruments executed in the State and three months in case of instruments executed out of State.
- • Provisions relating to Land Tax will be simplified and rates will be rationalised and payment procedure will be made transparent and simple.
- • Facility of Lump-sum advance payment of stamp duty will be provided for loan documents executed by banks and financial institutions.
- • As per the amendments made in Indian Stamp Act relating to rate of stamp duty on securities instruments provisions ofRajasthan Stamp Act will be amended accordingly.
- • Collector (Stamps) will be given powers similar to civil court to prevent evasion of stamp duty in case of misclassification of documents.
Rajasthan Budget 2020-21 Highlights
Commercial Taxes Department:
- • GST Audit Authority and Business Intelligence Unit will be constituted. In the interest of tax payers re-organization of Commercial Taxes Department will be done.
- • To bring uniformity in administrative structure, designation of Officers of Commercial Taxes Department will be made equivalent to the officers of Government of India.
- • To facilitate movement of goods and to check economic offences, Radio Frequency Identification Device (RFID) and Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) network based pilot project will be started on main routes of the State.
- On payment of all outstanding instalments of agriculture land allotment in all categories of allottees in colonization are as upto 31 December, 2020, (i) waiver of 50 percent interest and (ii) waiver of 100% of above interest on one-time payment of remaining all instalment.
Urban development, Housing and Revenue Department:
- To promote investment by private institutions for construction of stadiums, playgrounds and sports complexes, cent percent exemption will be given in premium rates of agriculture to non-agriculture land allotment and regularization, land-use conversion fee and building license fee.
- Reduction in rate of motor vehicle tax by Rs. 50 per seat per month for all three distance based categories of sub-urban routes.
- • Reduction in rate of motor vehicle tax by Rs. 100 per month for contract carriage buses for seating capacity based two categories.
- • ceiling of Rs. 100 per seat per month in rate of motor vehicle taxfor vehicles plying within two municipalities having distance less than 10 Km.
- • Motor Vehicle Tax imposed on 23-32 seater vehicles operating as contract vehicle with industries will be determined Rs. 10000/- in place of Rs. 14000/-.
- • Parity of One Time Tax of Construction Equipments Vehicle and vehicle fitted with equipment.Both categories will now pay tax at the rate of 10% of cost of chassis and 8% for completely built vehicle.
- • Rate of tax increased from 10% to 25% of the similar category of transport vehicles imposed on non-transport vehicles used for hire and reward purposes.
Mines and Petroleum Department:
- ‘State Minerals Exploration Trust‘ will be constituted. For the calculation of Extracted minerals and royalty, modern techniques like IT, drone, etc. will be used.
- In above tax proposals no new tax has been imposed and relief of more than Rupees 130 Crores approximately has been given.
- Rajasthan Budget 2020-21 Highlights – Download PDF
- Rajasthan Budget 2020-21 at a glance – Download PDF
- Rajasthan Budget 2020-21: Study – Download PDF