Chief Minister of Rajasthan, Shri Ashok Gehlot presented the Rajasthan State Budget for financial year 2020-2021 in the state Vidhan Sabha on 20th February 2020. This post provides Rajasthan Budget 2020-21 Analysis by RajRAS.
- The size of the Rajasthan Budget 2020-21 (which is equal to expenditure or receipts of Government of Rajasthan) is INR 2.25 Lac Crore.
- The size of the Union Budget 2020-21 is INR 30.42 Lac Crore.
|Rajasthan Budget 2020-21 : Key Estimates (BE)|
|( 2,25,000 Cr ) (with Uday Scheme)||2,25,000 Cr (with Uday Scheme)|
|1,73,000 Crore||52,000 Crore||1,85,000 Core||40,000 Crore|
|State Tax Revenue||77,000 Cr||Recovery of Loan||751 Cr||Interest Payments||25,000 Cr|
|Central tax Share||47,000 Cr||Public A/c||51000 Cr|
|Non-Tax Revenue||19,000 Cr|
|Union Grant||30,000 Cr|
Analysis of Union Budget 2020-21
- The government is estimated to spend Rs 2,25,731 crore during 2020-21.
- Out of the total expenditure, revenue expenditure is estimated to be Rs 1,85,750 crore (% growth) and capital expenditure is estimated to be Rs 39,981 crore (% growth).
- The total receipts (including borrowings) in 2020-21 are estimated to be Rs 2,25,764 crore.
- Out of the total receipts, revenue receipts are estimated to be Rs 1,73,404 crore and capital receipts are estimated to be Rs 52,360 crore.
Budget & Deficit:
- Budgetary Surplus
- = Revenue A/c Surplus + Capital A/C Surplus
- = (Revenue Receipt- Revenue Expenditure) + (Capital Receipt – Capital Expenditure)
- = 33 Crore.
- Revenue Deficit
- = Revenue Receipt – Revenue Expenditure
- = 12,345 Crore
- Fiscal Deficit
- = Non Debt Receipt – Total expenditure
- = Revenue Receipt+Recovery of loans+Other receipts-Total Exp.
- = 33,922 Crore = 2.99% of GSDP
- Primary Deficit
- Fiscal Deficit – Interest Payment
- 8,428 Crore
- Total = Rs 2,25,764 crore.
- Includes Revenue Receipts (Rs 1,73,404 crore) and Capital Receipts (Rs 52,360 crore).
Revenue Receipts: Trends
- State Own Tax Revenue > Share in Central Taxes > Union Grant > Non-Tax Revenue (Same for FY 2019-20 & FY 2020-21)
- In State’s Own Tax Revenue: GST > Sales Tax > State’s Excise Duty > Tax on Vehicles > Stamps & Registration > Taxes & duties on Electricity > Land Revenue > Other taxes (Same for FY 2019-20 & FY 2020-21)
- In Share in Central Taxes:
- FY 2019-20: Corporation Tax > GST > Income Tax > Custom duty > Union Excise duty > Other Taxes > Service Tax
- FY 2020-21: Corporation Tax > GST > Income Tax > Custom duty > Union Excise duty > Service Tax > Other Taxes
- Capital Receipts include major component of proceeds from Public Debt, Net Public Account, Contingency Fund.
- Total = Rs 2,25,731 crore during 2020-21.
- Includes two components Revenue expenditure (Rs 1,85,750 crore) and Capital expenditure (Rs 39,981 crore).
Highlights of Schemes/Projects Outlay 2020-21:
Rs 1,10,200.82 crore are proposed under Schematic Outlay in Budget Estimates 2020-21. The Sector-wise details of the Schemes outlay is as under:
** Please note that, the above is Author’s personal understanding of budget figures with huge approximations to make it simple. Please confirm with government document (listed below) to quote or reproduce anywhere.
Rajasthan Budget 2020-21: Budget at Glance – Rajasthan Government Document – Download here
Caution: This is a personal point of view of author, having no Professional qualification or authority to present the numbers. The article is intended to provide some information/knowledge w.r.t process of budget and its different aspect. Please donot reproduce any figure without confirmation from appropriate source/authority.