Rajasthan Budget 2019-20: Highlights
Modified Rajasthan Budget 2019-2o Highlights
Rajasthan Budget 2019-2o Highlights Fiscal Indicators
- Estimated total expenditure `2 lac 32 thousand 994 crore 1 lac
- Estimated revenue receipts `1 lac 64 thousand 4 crore 64 lac
- Estimated revenue expenditure `1 lac 91 thousand 19 crore 61 lac
- Estimated revenue deficit `27 thousand 14 crore 97 lac
- Estimated fiscal deficit `32 thousand 678 crore 34 lac which is 3.19% of GSDP.
- Total loan and other liabilities as percentage of GSDP is 33.13%
- Krishak Kalyan Kosh of `1000 crore for Ease of Doing Farming
- Zero Budget Natural Farming will be taken up in 36 Gram Panchayat of Banswara, Tonk and Sirohi at the cost of `10 crore, benefiting 20 thousand farmer
- Advance storage of 1 lac MT DAP and 2 lac MT Urea
- Krishi gyan Karyakram to sensitise farmers regarding better techniques, provision of `2 crore
- New policy for promoting agriculture processing, trade and export
- Kisan Sewa Portal started since Feb., 2019, 50 lac farmers benefited
- Benefit of short term agriculture loan waiver by paying `6000 crore
- Short term agriculture loan of `9513 crore outstanding upto 30-11-2018 is waived, 20.46 lac farmers benefited, 1.10 lac beegha land de-mortgaged
- Target of `16000 crore short term agriculture loan waiver through Kendriya Sahkari Banks. Provision of `150 crore for grant
- Godown construction in 100 GSS and 20 KSS
- Total 1478 new sub-centers in five years, this year 400 new sub centers
- New Veterinary College at Jodhpur
- Nandi-shala at each Gram Panchayat
- Expenditure of `35000 crore in next five years, provision of `6037 crore for this year
- Connecting 1009 villages by Damar Roads in next 4 years with expenditure of `1000 crore
- Development of 435 km. of 6 state highways with expenditure of `927 crore in Jaipur, Churu, Sriganganagar, Hanumangarh, Nagaur, Sikar, Bikaner and Bhilwara
- Construction of 2 ROB and 32 RUBs
- Renewal of 2394 km. roads with expenditure of `250 crore under PMGSY
- Improvement and renewal of 2200 km. roads with expenditure of `337 crore in tribal and desert rural areas and 2568 km. roads with `463 crore in remaining other rural areas under NABARD scheme
- Vikas Path at each gram panchayat, total 10000 km.
- DPR of elevated road in Jodhpur
- 6000 MW additional power generation by traditional sources in next 7 years
- New solar energy policy and new wind energy policy
- Establishment of 1426 MW wind energy and 4885 solar energy projects in 5 years
- Establishment of 600 MW solar plants on unusable land of farmers
- 765 KV sub station in Jodhpur and phase wise establishment of three 220 KV, thirteen 132 KV sub station with expenditure of `2338 crore
- one lac new agriculture connection in 2019-20
- Solar pump sets to farmers under Kusum scheme
- `5200 crore for establishment of feeders for agriculture connections in next four years
- 600 new transfers on 33 KV sub stations in 3 years, `500 crore
- Smart meters in city areas on 80000 distribution transfers
Water Resources and Command Area Development:
- MoU for Rajasthan feeder and Sarhind feeder, total provision of `1976.75 crore. Expenditure of `220.37 crore in this year.
- Provision of `207 crore for Rajasthan Rajasthan Jal Shetra Punarsanrachna Program
- Renovation works of `262.40 crore for 29 sub projects in 13 districts under Rajasthan Jal Shetra Ajeevika Sudhar Program
- Proposal of Punarvas and Sudhar Program for renovation of 211 large dams, total provision of `965 crore
- 55 works of `517 crore in 21 districts for development of irrigation facilities
- Maintenance of 368 km. long canals in Sahid Birbal Branch System
- Maintenance of 480 km. long canals in IGNP’s Datore, Nachna, Awai System
- Irrigation facility for remaining 20000 hectare under Choudhary Kumbha Ram Lift Canal
- Provision of `8445 for PHED
- Phase wise solar DFU for 1250 villages/dhanies
- ` 200 crore for solar tank with tube wells
- 390 villages will be connected by pipe lines in 4 years, commencing 25 works, total expenditure `950 crore
- 5 projects in coming years in Barmer and Jhunjhunu districts with cost of 2918 crore
- New project for 5 towns and 2104 villages of Jodhpur, Barmer, Pali under Rajiv Gandhi Lift Canal-III, total cost `1454 crore
- Drinking water project for 14 towns and 3072 villages of Alwar, Bharatpur, Dholpur under Chambal-Alwar drinking water project, cost `4718 crore
- Drinking water project from Isarda Dam for 5 towns and 124 villages of Dausa and Sawaimadhopur districts, cost `3159 crore
- Project for Ladnu, Kuchaman, Degana, Merta, Riya, Khinwsar, Mundwa and Nagaur panchayat samities from Nagaur Lift Project, 3.15 lac population of 1926 dhanies will be benefited
- New project for drinking water of Bikaner City and nearby 32 villages
- Project for Hindoli with cost of `650 crore, `15.50 crore for DPR
- 10 Gram Panchayats of Sojat Tehsil of Pali will be connected with Dantiwara IGNP water distribution tank of Jodhpur
- New industry area in Jaipur, Jodhpur, Kota, Barmer, Bhilwara, Ajmer, Rajasmand, Sawai Madhopur, Dausa and Sirohi districts
- Establishment new CETPs and upgradation of existing ones
- Interest subvention on loans upto `10 crore in Mukhyamantri Laghu Udhyog Protsahan Yojana `50 crore for this year, `250 crore for five years
- Amount of revolving fund to Khadi Institutions increased to `10 crore and tenure to 10 years
Petroleum and Mines:
- Refinery to be completed by October 2022
- Development of integrated industrial zones for industries based on refinery products
- Rajasthan M-Sand Policy will be issued
- Rules for minor minerals will be simplified
- New electric vehicle policy
- Providing equipments and establishment of trauma center, stabilisation unit, skill lab from road safety fund
- Highest rebate upto 50% by RHB
- Metro will start soon in wall city Jaipur. Revised DPR to be prepared for Metro phase-II, expenditure of `13000 crore
- Upgradation of STP and new 70 MLD plant at Delawas Jaipur, cost `150 crore
- Work of Chambal River Front in Kota with cost of `400 crore, DPR will be prepared with cost of `5 crore
- High level bridge over Kothari River in Bhilwara, cost `40 crore
- ROB in Bhilwara, cost `50 crore
- Provision of `50 crore for resolving traffic problem in Udaipur
- DPRs for elevated road and ROB for Jodhpur city
Medical and Health:
- Opening of Janta Clinics in the state
- Addition of 104 new medicines in Mukhyamantri Nishulk Dawa Yojana
- Number of free test increased from 70 to 90 in medical college hospitals
- To improve health facilities- 200 new sub centers, 5 new trauma centers, 15 new PHCs – 10 sub centers will be upgraded to PHCs – 10 PHCs will be upgraded to CHCs – Existing hospital of Gangapur City will be upgraded
- Indira Priydarshini Baby Kit to new born babies
- Linear accelerator machine in Jodhpur cost `31 crore
- Phase wise Construction of multi storey ICU ward in Mathura Das Mathur Hospital, Jodhpur
- New unit for providing painless delivery facility in Bikaner medical college hospital
- Work of medical college to commence in Sriganganagar
Rural Development and Panchayat Raj
- Creation of Mahatma Gandhi Sansthan in Jaipur including Gandhi Darshan museum with a provision of 50 cr.
- Rajiv Gandhi Jal Sanchya Scheme for water conservation
- Master Plan for Rural Areas
- Ambedkar Bhawan at all block headquarter except all municipalities/ municipal council headquarters
Social Justice & Empowerment
- 8,790 cr. Annual resource allocation for the Department
- Residential hostel announced for Palanhaar Scheme Beneficiaries
- Sign Language Interpreter Training Centre at Jamdoli, Jaipur to facilitate training personnel to assist differently abled people
- Two half way home at Jaipur and Jodhpur to accommodate 50 patients each, with mental disability
- New Silicosis Policy to address health and security concerns of Mining Labour
- Jaipur to become Beggar free Capital
- Mukhaymantri Kanyadaan Yojana to provide financial assistance of `21000 to SC/ST/Minority BPL educated and adult female
- Starting female hostel for Minority Students at Alwar
- Starting scheme for Modernization of Madarsa
Schedule Tribe Development
- Two center of excellence for tribal sub plan area
- A carrier counseling centre at Jaipur for ST students with a provision of Rs. 10 crore
- DPR preparation for high level bridge at Beneshwar Dham
Women and Child Development
- Mahila Shakti Nidhi for Women Empowerment with a provision of Rs. 1000 crore
- Physical Self Defense Training mandatory at schools since 6th class onwards
- Increase in Honorarium of Anganbadi Workers, Mini Anganbadi Workers and Anganbadi Helpers
- Rs.1581 crore provision for Infrastructure Development of Schools
- New education policy will be announced
- 50 new primary schools to be opened
- 660 schools to be upgraded at various levels
Higher and Technical Education
- Mukhyamantri Higher Education Scholarships Schemes for specially abled students
- College building construction of 18 government colleges
- 8 denotified colleges to be restarted
Science and Technology
- Policy for the intellectual property rights to be announced
Skill and Employment
- Mukhyamantri Youth Employment Scheme with a target of 1 lac youths to be provided loan upto 1 lac in 5 years
- 75 thousand placements to fill up government vacancies at various level
Youth and Sports
- Rs. 2 crore provision for Ummed Stadium, Jodhpur
- Youth motivation programmed to be initiated
- A new pension scheme for players who won medals at the National and International levels
- One entrepreneur- one sports scheme
- Initiation of State games
Information Technology & Communication
- One number, one card, one identification- concept to be actualized through Rajasthan Jan Aadhar Yojna
- 6 thousand new E-mitra centres to be opened
Forest and Environment
- Announcement for establishing a Environment and climate change directorate
- A new climate change policy to be announced
Tourism, Art & Culture
- Developing a vehicle free zone to promote heritage walk in the walled city area of Jaipur
- Light and sound show at Lohagarh, Bharatpur with a provision of Rs.2.5 crore
- Establishing Pandit Jawahar Lal Nehru Bal Sahitya Academy
- Establishing Rajasthan heritage Museum at Sawai Man Singh town hall, Jaipur
- A provision of Rs.22 crore for conservation of heritage
- Announcement for organizing Rajasthani Literature Festival in Jaipur with a provision of Rs.2 crore
- Digitization of old record of temple property
- Adding Kathmandu, Nepal as a new destination in existing pilgrimage scheme for senior citizens
- A new reception at each thana for facilitation of free and fair environment for victims
- Emergency response support system to be developed in the State
- A High Power Committee to recommend welfare measures for improvement in Jails
Revenue and Sainik Kalyan
- Revenue record of remaining 207 tehsils to be made online
- Simplification and consolidation of various revenue laws related to conversion
- Announcement to equate current arrangements to honour dependents of a martyr with shaurya padak vijeta
- Creation of a innovation fund of Rs.1 crore at the disposal of District Collector
Relief and Civil Defense
- Provision of Rs.15 crore to establish a State level State emergency operation centre
- Provision of Rs.26 crore to procure 100 fire brigade vehicles
GAD and Administrative Reforms
- Upgradation of existing air strips at Churu, Banswara, Jhunjhunu, Sirohi and Bhiwadi
- Announcement to bring an Accountability Act for public servants
- Restarting pension scheme for press reporters
- Rs. 2 crore grant for Revolving Fund created for Patrakar, Sahityakar and Kalakar
- Land allotment scheme for press reporters, writers and authors
- Necessary action on recommendations of Pay Anomaly Removal Committee
- Delegation of disposal of cases under 17 CCA against the officials and employees
- Modernization of waiting room etc. at Secretariat
- Constitution of Economic Transformation Council
Rajasthan Budget 2019-20 Highlights: Tax Proposals
Registration & Stamps
- Stamp duty and registration fees shall be exempted on the registration of residential plot/flat allotted by State Government or by private person in favour of dependents of the Martyr of the State.
- Stamp Duty shall be exempted completely on the instruments of settlement and partition of ancestral property.
- Stamp Duty shall be exempted on the loan documents upto Rs. 10 lac for establishment of start-up.
- Amnesty Scheme regarding exemption of interest and penalty payable on outstanding Stamp Duty shall be introduced.
- Maximum limit of Stamp Duty chargeable on Amalgamation / Demerger shall be removed.
- Rate of Stamp Duty shall be increased from 0.15% to 0.25% and maximum limit of Stamp Duty shall be increased from Rs. 5 lac to 25 lac on the loan documents where possession of the property has not been given.
- Maximum limit of Stamp Duty payable on works contract shall be removed currently it is Rs. 15000.
Commercial Taxes Department
- To give relief to dealers in pending demands, following new provisions are added through amendments in Rajasthan GST Act:
- Amnesty Scheme will be launched to waive Interest, Penalty and Late fee.
- Provision will be made for issuance of TDS deduction certificate Form VAT-41 by Awarders, so that contractors may avail adjustment of TDS.
- Facility of VAT 69 for opting Lump-sum payment by Builders and Developers will provided.
- The process of ITC Match and Mismatch will be simplified and campaign of ITC verification will be launched to reduce demands.
- To promote solar energy, exemption in electricity duty will be extended from 01st April, 2018 to 31st March, 2020.
- Recommendation will be made to the Union Government to establish benches of GST Appellate Tribunal at Jaipur and Jodhpur.
- Electricity duty on Captive Power Plants will be increased to Rs. 1.00.
- VAT on Natural Gas will be increased to 10 per cent.
- “Vyavahari Aivam Sewa-Pradata Samman Yojana” will be launched to recognise contribution of dealers and service providers.
- To develop Jodhpur-Pali-Marwar Industrial Area as second Node of Delhi- Mumbai Industrial Corridor Plan. It will be declared as Special Investment Region and Regional Development Authority will be established.
- Rajasthan Investment Promotion Scheme-2019(RIPS-2019) will be launched. In this scheme, Due and Deposited State GST will be reimbursed upto 100 per cent for 7 years for Investment and employment in the State. Also, exemption in Electricity Duty, Stamp Duty, and Mandi fee will be provided.
- For the purpose of simplification and computerisation of Motor vehicle tax, provision will be made for: Gross Vehicle Weight based Motor vehicle tax for Loading Vehicles, Seating Capacity based Motor vehicle tax for stage carriage Buses, and Seating Capacity cum daily operation based Motor vehicle tax for Stage Carriage Buses.
- Motor Vehicle Tax will be instituted by unification of Road Tax and Special Road Tax for Transport Vehicles.
- One Time Tax and Lump Sum tax are of similar nature and therefore to simplify, both are subsumed as One Time Tax.
- For Two-wheelers, One Time Tax will be as follows :
- 8 % – Upto 200CC engine capacity and average price Rs. 50,000 ,
- 13% – From 200CC to 500CC engine capacity and average price Rs. 1.5 Lakhs, and
- 15% – More than 500CC engine capacity and average price Rs. 5 Lakh to Rs. 15 Lakh.
- For Non-Transport Four Wheelers of 10 Seating Capacity, one Time Tax will be increased by 2%.
- Green Tax on Heavy Commercial Vehicles will be charged for two years instead of one year at the time of issuance of fitness certificate.
- Exemption of One Time Tax has been increased to 50% on LPG/CNG operated non-transport and transport category of vehicles.
- To bring families involved in illicit liquor trade in the mainstream and for their development, an additional Rs. 10 crore will be provided for augmenting Navjeevan Yojana .
Local Bodies/Urban Development And Housing Department
- On the occasion of 150th anniversary of the father of the Nation, Mahatma Gandhi, registered non-profit making charitable institutions engaged in socio- religious works, will be given complete exemption in Premium rates, Land-use, Conversion Charges for agriculture to non-agriculture use and Building plan Permission Charges for development of public utilities like Health Services, Educational Facilities, Old age homes, Orphanage, Nari Niketan, Leprosy Homes, Dharmashala, Centre for Specially Abled Persons, De-addiction Centres, Girls Homes, Children Homes etc. in urban and rural areas of the state.
- Complete rebate on Interest will be given if outstanding Lease Money of Urban Local Bodies and Housing Board is deposited lump sum upto 31st December, 2019.
- 100 % rebate on Interest and Penalty will be given on outstanding instalment from 01.01.2001 of EWS/LIG houses allottees of Urban Local Bodies and Housing Board if it is deposited lump sum upto 31st December, 2019.
Water Resources Department
- Farmers will be provided complete rebate on interest on irrigation tax pending upto 31st March, 2019, if it is deposited lump sum by 31st December, 2019.
Rajasthan Agriculture Marketing Department
- There will be complete exemption of user charges on the sale/purchase of fruits and vegetables in the Krishi Upaj Mandi.
- This will benefits lakhs farmers in the State.
- An Amnesty Scheme will be introduced to give relief the lessee for the outstanding dues of Dead Rent, Royalty, Penalty, Royalty collection contracts, Illegal mining/transportation/storage, Short-term permit and Contractors of Works Department.
- Transport Department’s software ”Vaahan” and Mines and Geology Department’s software “e-Ravanna” will be integrated to bring transparency, prevent revenue loss and reduce accidents by preventing overloading of vehicles.