Salient Features of the Rajasthan Budget 2017-18
Download Rajasthan Budget 2017: Key highlights – PDF (English) | (Hindi)
Rajasthan Budget 2017: Fiscal Indicators
- Estimated Revenue Deficit for 2017-18
- without effect of UDAY deficit of Rs. 1528 crore.
- with effect of UDAY – deficit of Rs. 13528 crore
- Estimated Fiscal Deficit for 2017-18 Rs. 24753.53 crore which is 2.99% of GSDP.
- Estimated total revenue receipts for 2017-18 Rs. 130162 crore.
- Estimated own tax revenue for the year 2017-18 Rs. 59455 crore against Rs. 69062 crore in the 2016-17 RE, which is higher by 16.16% .
- Estimated own tax revenue for 2017-18 as percentage of GSDP is 8.34%.
- Estimated interest payment in 2017-18 is Rs. 19626.91 crore which is 15.08% of total revenue receipts.
Rajasthan Budget 2017: Economic Infrastructure Development
- Gramin Gaurav Path and missing links in 2000 village panchayats-Cost of Rs. 1200 crore.
- Renewal and Strengthening of 5000 kms. rural road at the cost of Rs. 800 crore
- 15 projects for development of the 796 kms. state highway at cost of 580 crore.
- Development of 19 roads of the 402 kms. at the cost of Rs. 441 crore.
- Start the works of maintenance and upgradation of rural roads 3465 kms.
- Strengthening and renewal work of around 1000 kms. state highway and other roads at cost of Rs, 500 crore
- Development work of urban roads at the cost of Rs. 30 crore.
- RSRDC to make 8 roads of 410 kms.
- Alwar district to get 600 kms. plus road worth Rs. 968 crore through NCRPB loan.
- 26 roads worth Rs, 242 crore in 220 kms. to be made in 13 districts with mining relevance.
- Kota, Ajmer and Sawaimadhopur will be connected to Jaipur by air service.
- Action under process for air connectivity between Jaisalmer and Agra to direct Jaipur and Bikaner to direct New Delhi under the Central Government’s regional connectivity scheme.
- Provision of Rs. 16.54 crore for repair and renovation of air strips.
Rajasthan Budget 2017: Drinking Water
- 2500 villages and habitations to be given potable water.
- Pending 9 major schemes of Rs. 5292 crore will be completed on priority.
- New schemes announced:-
- Scheme from Jakham dam covering 554 villages in blocks of Pratapgarh, Pipalkhoont and Arnod-Rs. 912.55 crore.
- Blocks of Kushalgarh and Sajjangarh with 399 villages and 395 dhanies-Rs. 684 crore
- Bundi cluster distribution scheme-Rs. 80.80 crore and 97000 population to be benefited.
- Chakhan dam scheme-Rs. 73.93 crore, Indragarh and Sumerganj mandi towns plus 45 villages and 6 dhanies to be benefited.
- Didwana city reorganisation scheme in two phases – Rs. 32 crore (approx)
- In Baran, 17 villages of Anta Tehsil and 30 villages of Mangrol Tehsil will be benefited by Rs. 105 crore scheme.
- 500 additional augmentation works under JJY schemes.
- 1175 solar-cum-defluoridation units for Rs. 137 crore
- Renewal of headworks and improvement works of Diggies – Rs. 100 crore
- 1483 RO plants in rural areas.
- For reducing the non-revenue water quantity to 15 to 20%, works in next two years in two zones each of Jaipur, Ajmer, Udaipur, Bikaner and Bharatpur city
- In phased manner, 24×7 water supply in Kota city-Rs.850 crore through NCRPB.
- 30 RO plants in first phase on PPP mode in the cities of Deeg, Kumher, Nagar, Kaman and Nadbai of Bharatpur district, Bari of Dholpur, Gangapurcity of Sawaimadhopur district and Ratangarh and Rajaldesar of Churu district.
- Operation and maintenance of urban water supply scheme in phased manner on energy conservation mode to save electricity expenditure.
- SCADA system in Jaipur, Ajmer, Udaipur, Bikaner and Bharatpur City for better online supervision in next two years.
- 8647.21 crore provision for PHED which is 15.68% more than RE 2016-17.
Rajasthan Budget 2017: Energy
- 5086 MW increase in capacity in last three years.
- Establishment of the following in 2017-18:-
- 2 GSS of 400 KV
- 6 GSS of 220 KV
- 15 GSS of 132 KV
- 200 GSS of 33 KV
- One lac new agriculture connection in next two years.
- To open new sub-division and circle office after restructuring of DISCOMs organisation.
- Conversion of drip, sprinkler and diggi based agriculture connection into general category after three years from date of connection.
Rajasthan Budget 2017: Tourism
- 88 crore for aggressive marketing.
- Basic infra, conservation, beautification and renovation works at various tourist places Rs. 36 crore.
Rajasthan Budget 2017: Art and Culture
- Conservation and development works of Rs. 13 crore at 8 museums.
- Conservation works of Rs. 6.46 crore of archaeological sites-2 at Ajmer, 2 at Bharatpur, 1 at Kota and 1 at Nagaur.
- Completion of restoration and conservation works of Fateh Vilas Mahal Khetri and development of infrastructure facilities.
- Digitisation of rare manuscripts and ancient records of Maulana Abdul Kalam Azad Arbi Farsi Research Institute, Tonk.
- Constitution of Chittorgarh Fort Development Authority for conservation and systematic development for Chittorgarh Fort with partnership of ASI.
- 11 crore for various cultural importance panorama works.
- Development of 4 Wakf Dargaha as tourist place.
- 156.83 crore for art, culture and archaeology department which is 49.42% more than RE 2016-17.
Rajasthan Budget 2017: Devasthan
- Development work of Rs. 20 crore at Bihari Ji ka Mandir, Ganga Mandir, Laxman Mandir at Bharatpur, Keshorai Mandir – Keshoraipatan-Bundi and Surya Mandir, Jhalrapatan.
- Travelling to religious places for 20000 senior citizens in next year including 5000 by air journey under the Deen Dayal Upadhyay Senior Citizens Pilgrims Scheme.
- Bhog rashi will be increased by hundred percent for temples.
- one crore for restoration and maintenance of Mahadev Mandir situated at Banaras-UP.
- 50 lacs for beautification and lighting arrangement for centenary celebration of Shri Radha Madhav Ji Mandir at Vrandavan.
- Arrangement of Dharamshalas at Tirupati Balaji and Badrinath
Rajasthan Budget 2017: Forest
- 10.90 crore for conservation of wood fossils, display and development of infra facilities for tourism at Aakal Wood Fossil Park.
- 10 crore for development of Desert National Park and nearby areas.
- Provision of Rs. 7 crore for Project Leopard.
- IT security system for Ranthambhor, Sariska, Jawai, Mukundra Sanctuaries and Jhalana Reserve Forest Area.
- Provision of Rs. 2 crore for 25 lac bigger plants
- Provision of Rs. 3 crore for development of 5 Smriti Van.
- Development of Eco-tourism at Trevor’s Tank at Mount Abu.
Rajasthan Budget 2017: Environment
- 6 crore for establishment of caustic soda recovery plant at Bithuja Industrial Area, Barmer.
- Establishment of 6MLD RO plant at CETP Bhiwadi.
Rajasthan Budget 2017: Investment and Economic growth
- Facility of sanctions and compliance reports of all departments to be made available on single window portal.
- Establishment of High Learning Centre at CIPET Jaipur – Rs. 51.32 crore
- 2 new centres with the help of GoI in textile and agro food processing sectors.
- Loan limit increased from Rs.90 lac to Rs. 1.50 crore for interest subsidy under the scheme of young entrepreneur promotion by RFC.
- Online services for all services to entrepreneurs in RIICO.
- Providing fire fighting facility at five industrial areas.
- Entrepreneurship Training centre at JNV University, Jodhpur and Vardhaman Mahaveer Open University, Kota.
- To encourage entrepreneur in youths, relaxation in the norms for experience and turnover through MSME and start-ups in public procurement.
- Allotment of mines, RCC and ERCC contract through E-auction.
- 500 crore for public utility works for citizens of mines affected areas.
Rajasthan Budget 2017: Agriculture and Animal Husbandry
- Global Rajasthan Agritech Meet to be organised at divisional level in next two years.
- Minikits to one lac farmers based on reports of soil health card in next year.
- Storage of 1.5 lac metric ton urea, 20000 metric ton DAP.
- 5 percent increase in subsidy for sprinkler equipment.
- Separate mandi by including gaun mandi Chhipabarod and Harnavda Sahji.
- New course of forestry and wildlife in Horticulture and Forestry College, Jhalawar.
- Mukhaya Mantri Beej Swavlamban Yozna for Kota, Bhilwara and Udaipur agricultural division.
- Geo tagging for verification of the schemes of Horticultural Department.
- 5.40 crore for electricity, water and furniture at 1180 Kisan Sewa Centre-cum-Village Knowledge Centre.
- Under the Prime Minister Crop Insurance Scheme, insurance of 53 lac farmers 73 lac hectare area in Kharif and 30 lac farmers 29 lac hectare area.
- Provision of Rs. 3156.61 crore for agricultural department.
- Interest subsidy under the crop loan scheme-Rs. 370 crore and compensatory interest subsidy to co-operative banks Rs. 150 crore.
- EMV-Rupay-Kisan Debit Card to farmers by co-operative banks.
- 2% subsidy and Sahkar Kisan Kalyan Yojna to be continued.
- 10 crore for 5% interest subsidy on long term co-operative agriculture loan distributed by SLDB and PLDC.
- 5 crore for construction of godowns of 20 Kraya Vikray Co-operative Society.
- 10 crore for construction of godown and buildings of 100 GSS and LAMPS.
- 3.50 crore for construction of cold storage of Jhalra Patan Kraya Vikray Cooperative Society.
- Provision of Rs. 50 crore for VRS of SPINFED employees / labours.
- Starting of Annapoorna Bhandar in cooperative sector through Kraya Vikray Co-operative Societies.
Animal Husbandry, Fisheries and Dairy Development
- Re-start AVIKA Kawach Yojna for sheep owners.
- New veterinary sub-centre at 4160 village panchayats in phased manner.
- Upgrade to Class-one veterinary hospital at 8 panchayat samiti and 2 tehsil headquarter.
- Colour Doppler machine and other equipments at multi purpose veterinary hospitals of Jaipur, Kota, Jodhpur and Udaipur.
- Divisional headquarter connected through telemedicine with Bikaner VET University.
- 7.50 crore for electric and water at 1500 veterinary institute and Rs. 8 crore for furniture and equipments for 1600 veterinary sub-centre.
- Construction of building for 200 veterinary hospital-Rs. 49.40 crore
- Filling up of vacant post of 900 veterinary doctor and Live Stock Assistant.
- Constitution of 1000 new women milk cooperative societies.
- Milkotester for remaining registered women milk cooperatives.
- Establishment of Fish Brood Bank at Gambhiri Dam (District Chittorgarh) – Rs. 5 crore
- There is a provision of Rs. 822 crore 37 lacs for next financial year in Animal Husbandry, Fisheries and Dairy Development Department, which is 17.47% higher than the provision under RE of 2016-17.
Rajasthan Budget 2017: Water Resources
- In next two years renovation of 36 miner irrigation projects – Rs. 56.70 crore.
- Repair work of Chambal Canal distribution system – Rs. 125 crore
- Lining work of Bhakra irrigation system, Sidhmukha canal system and Amar Singh canal branch-Rs. 18 crore
- Construction of “Pacca Khaalas” in Mahi, Panchana, Chavali, Chhapi, Gambhiri, Jawai, Bhakra Phase-2 and Gang Nahar Phase-3 irrigation system.
- Provision of Rs. 1000 crore for Parwan Multipurpose Irrigation Project in the next financial year.
- Damage re-construction work will be started in the Gararda dam in Bundi.
- Work will be started at Dholpur lift project.
- There is a provision of Rs. 3313.08 crore for water resources department for the next year, which is 11.14% higher than the RE of 2016-17.
Rajasthan Budget 2017: Human Resource and Social Development
Social Justice and Empowerment:
- Subsidy and incentive amount would be doubled for the marriage of daughter under “Sahyog and Uphar Yojana”.
- The pension under Mukhyamantri Specially abled Samman Pension Scheme would be given to all eligible specially abled @ Rs.750 per month without the criteria of age.
- Mukhyamantri Ekal Nari Samman Pension Yojana- widow pensioners elder than 60 years will get Rs.1000 p.m. and widow pensioners of more than 75 years will get Rs.1500 p.m.
- If the school and college is located 2 kms. or more from the government hostel than cycles would be made available by the hostels for commuting to school/college.
- 5000 would be given to the voluntary organisation for the cremation of unclaimed bodies of destitute.
- Tricycle would be made available for commuting to school/college to specially abled students of orthopaedic category.
- The financial support to specially abled bride and groom has been increased to Rs.50000 per couple under “Sukhad Dampatya Jeevan Yojana”
- The honorarium and recurring expenses will be suitably increased for the employees of NGOs running schools (resident / non-resident) for specially abled children in the state.
- Assistance for specially abled for artificial limb/equipment would be increased to Rs. 10000 under samyukta sahayta assistance.
- Talented SC/ST students to be given financial assistance for studying in private medical college and university.
- Four hostels costing Rs. 30 crore under Devnarain Yojana.
- Construction of children home in 8 district – cost Rs.8.80 crore
- For EBC students of Rajasthan,
- RBSE students who get top 100 positions in class-10 and in class-12 (all streams) get lump sum Rs.15000.
- Top 100 students who get admission in IIT, IIM, AIIMS, NLU, IISc get lump sum Rs. 25000/-
– Top 100 candidates of RAS exam conducted by RPSC get Rs. 30000/-
- Top 50 candidates who get into All India Services get Rs.50000/-
- Top 100 girls of RBSE who score 90% plus marks in class-10 Board Exam and top 100 girls of RBSE each who score 90% plus marks in Science, Arts and Commerce streams in class-12 Board Exam (i.e. 300 in all) will get a Scooty alongwith Certificate of appreciations.
- A provision of Rs. 5596.80 crore for next financial year for social justice and empowerment department.
Women & Child Development
- Aanganwadi workers will be given incentive of Rs. 250-500 p.m. based on work performance.
- ICDS centres to get Rs. 40 crore for basic facilities.
- ICDS centres get Rs. 30 crore for maintenance and upkeep.
- CM Rajshree Yojana to be linked with Bhamashah Platform.
- Aparajita centres to be setup in 15 districts.
- Chirali scheme to be launched in seven districts.
- Women and Child development department gets 17.06% higher allocation in the next year.
- Four schools to get commerce and one school to get science stream.
- Running expense of three hostels – Kota, Udaipur and Baran to be borne by Govt.
- For students of those hostels where distance of school-college is over 2 kms. bicycle facility will be provided.
- Career Counselling for class – 10 and 12.
- 3 residential schools to have capacity enhancement.
- 3 built hostels of colleges to become functional.
- Sports Academies to have capacity enhancement.
- 74 upgraded senior secondary schools to get infra works done costing Rs. 44.79 crore.
- 19 anicuts and 6 canals.
- 38 community lift irrigation projects.
- To commemorate the 350th birth of Shri Guru Gobind Singh Ji, Gurdawara Budha Johad in Sriganganagar and Gurudawara Shri Charan Kamal Sahib in Naraina (Jaipur) will be developed as tourist spot.
- Madarsa Jansahbhagita Scheme to be launched.
Youth and Sports
- Football in Kota, Wrestling in Bharatpur, Cycling in Bikaner and Volleyball in Jhunjhunu-four new academies.
- Pension scheme for 60 plus sports persons.
- Tribal festival to showcase tribal culture.
- 4.50 crore for indoor games in 3 districts.
- SMS Stadium to get Astroturf, Meditation Centre etc.
- Other stadiums to get Rs. 3.90 crore.
- PPP model for stadium development.
- Policy for private investment in sports academy.
- Sports sector gets 24.30% higher outlay in 2017-18.
- 105 schools to be upgraded in those Panchayats where there is neither a pvt nor govt school of Sr Sec level
- Those panchayats where the Sec school has enrolment above 40 in Class X also get upgraded despite a pvt Sr Sec existing there
- 112 Arts Faculty Sr Sec schools to get Science faculty
- Arts and Commerce stream 26 Sr Sec schools to get Science stream
- 54 Sr Sec schools to get Maths, 23 to get Biology and 190 to get Agriculture subject
- 29.69 crore for computers and internet.
- Honorarium of Shikhsa Karmi, Parateachers (including Madarsa) increased by 10%
- Vocational education in 50 secondary and sr. secondary schools.
- 133 schools to have infra works costing Rs. 74 crore
- 58 new school buildings and 1134 new class rooms.
- Self defence training for 3.60 lac girl students.
- State talent search examination for meritorious students of class-10 and class-12 (Arts and Commerce)
- 8 new colleges.
- 7 colleges to be upgraded to PG.
- 3 colleges to have new subjects at PG level.
- 11 colleges to have new subject at UG
- 5 colleges to have new science faculty at UG level.
- 48 crore for construction of 8 colleges.
- Smart Science labs at Divisional level colleges.
- Crowd sourced social platform for education in 10 colleges.
- 50 crore for construction of Universities in Alwar, Banswara, Sikar and Bharatpur.
- Higher Education gets 11.01% higher outlay in 2017-18.
- 7.10 crore for Infra facilities to 8 Engineering College running under Society Act .
- 1 crore each for newly engineering college.
- Additional grant of Rs. 6 crore for construction of girls hostel and academic block of Government engineering college Bharatpur.
- Establishment of Industry Institute Interaction Cell in 34 Colleges in next 2 year.
Medical and Health
- 2.50 Cr. for 50 dental chair with X-Ray machine at 50 medical Intuitions.
- Construction of New Hospital building and quarters at Dholpur-cost of Rs 100 Crore.
- Up gradation of Blood banks to blood component separation unit at 7 Districts Hospitals.
- Up gradation of 2 Sub Health Centers to PHC, 6 PHC to CHC and 1 CHC to Satellite Hospital.
- Establishment of 3 New PHC.
- Increase in Bed at 7 Medical Intuitions.
- Trauma Centre in bilada, Dist Jodhpur.
- Screening facilities and appropriate treatment programme for Breast Cancer in women at 14 Hospitals.
- Construction of IPD Building of District Hospital Karauli- Cost of 4.80 Crore.
- Provision of Rs. 6,315.38 Cr for next year for Medical and Health Department, which is 8.21 % higher then RE 2016-17.
- Rs 20 Cr. for Heart transplant facilities at SMS Hospital, Jaipur.
- Construction of Trauma Hospital at Matura Das Hospital, Jodhpur.
- Establishment of cath lab machine at Medical Hospital, Jodhpur- Rs. 10 Crore.
- Kidney Transplant facility at Medical College, Kota- Rs. 8 Crore.
- Separate wing for treatment of Silicosis in Medical College, Kota and Jodhpur.
- Establishment of Skill Labs for Virtual training aids and simulators based education in SMS Medical College, Jaipur, RNT Medical College Udaipur and Jhalawar Medical College.
- A modernized paraplegic treatment wing in Rajasthan University of Health Science.
- Provision of Rs. 2,574.86 Cr. for Medical Education department in next year, which is 33.40% higher than 2016-17 RE.
- 10 shar shutra medical unit to be start.
- Open new Panch Karm Center at Dholpur and Jaipur and Anchal Prasuta Centre at Jaisalmer and Barmer.
- 6-6 seats PG Course in 6 department at Dr. S.R. Rajasthan Ayurved University, Jodhpur.
- Upgrade 3 Graduate Department to Post Graduate Department in Rajasthan Ayurved College, Udaipur.
- Ayurved Hospitals in 13 Districts given level of District Ayurved Hospitals.
- New District Hospitals at Hanumangarh and Tonk district head quarters.
Rajasthan Budget 2017:Food and Civil Supply and Consumer Affairs
- Provision of Rs. 18.51 Cr. for the year 2017-18 for computerization of PDS.
- Provision of Rs. 397.91 Cr. for 2017-18 for providing food grain on concessional rates under National Food Security Schemes.
Rajasthan Budget 2017: Skill Rajasthan and Employment
Skill, Employment and Entrepreneurship
- Increase in financial assistance under Akshat Yojana to unemployed.
- Establishment of Rajasthan ILD Skills University at Jamdoli, Jaipur.
- New Government ITI in 18 Panchayat Samitis in the year 2017-18
- 146.19 Cr. for providing machinery and equipment’s in 69 ITI’s.
- Open 2 new trade electrician and computer operator and Programming Assistant in Govt. Jail ITI, Jaipur.
- Open new trade of mechanic motor vehicle trade in Government ITI, Dholpur, Jhalawar and Rajasamand.
- Establishment of Japan India Manufacturing Institute in Neemrana.
- Provision of Rs. 1007.44 Cr. for labour and employment department for next year, which is 21.32% higher than 2016-17 RE.
Rajasthan Budget 2017: Science and Technology
- Start-up boot clubs in 71 model school.
- Bio-technology and rural technology business incubation centres to be setup.
Rajasthan Budget 2017: Local Self Governance
- Annapoorna Kitchen Scheme to be started in all municipal towns.
- 29 AMRUT cities – Rs. 3223.94 crore worth project identified.
- Gaurav Path in 179 municipal towns.
- All municipal towns to have wi-fi facility.
Rural Development and Panchayati Raj
- Community bathing units for women to be built in Panchayats through convergence of various schemes.
- Outlay under Guru Golwalkar Jansahbhagita Scheme enhanced to Rs. 125 crore.
- Villages with 5000 plus population to become Smart Villages through convergence of various schemes.
Rajasthan Budget 2017: Digital Rajasthan and Good Governance
Planning and IT
- All Atal Seva Kendras to have e-Mitra Service ATM.
- All key departments to have file tracking system.
- All block and municipal headquarters to be connected with fibre.
- Atal Sewa Kendra’s to have wi-fi.
- 8 lac people to be given IT training.
- All districts to have command and control centres.
- IT enabled health project to be done state-wide.
- Integrated online system for mining.
- IT enablement for entire PDS chain.
- Cyber forensic Cell at divisional headquarter.
Revenue and Soldier Welfare
- Nyay Aapke Dwar campaign to be continued.
- 289 SDO offices to be modernised.
- 125 crore for various revenue related construction activity.
- 8.33 crore for replacement of old vehicles.
- Land settlement department to be reorganised.
- Ex-service man hired under REXCO to be given 10% hike.
- Sardar Patel Police University to have a forensic science wing.
- New police training school in tehsil Girwa (Udaipur)
- 5500 new police constables will be recruited.
- Construction of 3 addl. SP, 10 Dy. SP and 20 PS building
- Construction of 5 addl. SP and 15 Dy. SP residential quarters.
- 30 sub jails to have CCTV.
- Dungarpur Jail and sub-jail at Aklera to get new buildings.
- 16.62 crore for basic facilities in various jails.
- Home deptt. gets 11.83% higher allocation in 2017-18.
- Following new courts will be opened:-
- Pokhran, Kotputli and Baran to have one ADJ Court each.
- Bhusawar, Bheenmal, Sanchore and Sapotra to have one CJM court each.
- POSCO Act Court at Jaipur.
- Family courts at Karauli, Sirohi, Barmer, Dholpur, Jalore, Jaisalmer and Pratapgarh.
- Pratapgarh and Karauli to have motor vehicle Act courts.
- Accredited journalists to get enhanced rate of Rs. 5000 p.a. free medical facility.
- Accredited journalists to get cashless mediclaim policy where accredited journalist need not to pay the premium.
- For pink city press club renovation – Rs. 30 lacs
Relief and Civil Defence
- All remaining districts in the State will be made Civil Defence Districts at the cost of Rs.6.14 crore.
- State employees to get travel and medical bills online cleared through IFMS.
- State pensioners to get online submission of medical bills and e-payments upon clearance.
- Administrative and Financial sanctions, work orders, G-Schedules, MB of works department to be linked with IFMS.
- Manual receipts to be brought on E-mode.
- Establishment of 11 new sub treasury offices.
- Construction of 17 new sub treasury buildings.
- A decision will be taken on basis of recommendations given by the State level committee constituted with reference to the 7th Pay Commission.
- 50 year plus non-gazetted state employees to get free medical check up once in three years.
- Eligible work charged employees to be made store munshis upon framing relevant rules and due screening.
- Eligible work charged employees to be given new designations after framing relevant rules.
Salient Features of Tax Proposals Budget 2017-18
Commercial Tax Department
- About 80% of the registered dealers have migrated to GST through primary enrolment.
- Officers trained for the proposed GST Law. 75 officers trained as master trainers on the Goods and Services Tax Network who in coming months would train officers and dealers regarding IT network.
- To educate the stakeholders, workshops organised at Divisional and District levels.
- Centralized Call Centre and Simulation Centre for GST to be established in Jaipur.
- At Divisional and District level, GST help desk to be established.
- Commercial Taxes Department to be reorganised looking into the requirements under GST.
Simplification and facilitation
- Deemed Assessment Scheme for VAT, Entry Tax, Luxury Tax and Entertainment Tax to be notified for the assessment year 2015-16 and subsequent years.
- Relief to the Saraffa, Gems and Stone, Petroleum Retail Outlet and Tent dealers who had opted for composition scheme but could not comply with conditions of the compositions schemes.
- Amendments in VAT/Electricity Duty/Luxury Tax Acts/Rules to facilitate relief to dealers
- Provisions for waiver of interest, penalty and late fees proposed to be incorporated under the Luxury Tax Act.
- Provisions for waiver of interest and penalty proposed to be incorporated under the Entertainment Tax Act.
- Hard copies of the appeal to be accepted by Appellate Authority for the period in which dealers were unable to file online appeal.
- Time limit extended for correction of the online generated declaration forms.
- In case of award of additional work or receipt of additional payment, period of 60 days extended to avail the benefit of the exemption certificate already issued.
- Date for correction of Form VAT-40E extended up to 31.03.2017 for the year 2015-16 to give relief to the works contractor.
- Time extended up to 15.04.2017 for filing of revised VAT-11 for the year 2015-16.
- Exemption of Entry Tax on the yarn brought into the state exclusively for job work.
- For giving relief to the Micro and Small enterprises, composition scheme for such manufacturers having turnover up to Rs. 50 lac with the rate of composition fee 2% introduced.
- Combination-Plier upto the value of Rs. 80/- exempted from VAT.
- To give benefit to Micro and Small Enterprises, explanation is given for non-clubbing of investment in different enterprises setup under the same ownership.
- Those industrial units availed the benefit under the Sales Tax Incentive Scheme, 1987 and who could not comply with the condition of maintaining average production for next 5 years, which are presently closed or declared sick under BIFR and have not sold their land for purposes other than industrial use, given relief under the CST Act.
- Exemption of Entertainment Tax on online booking service charges.
- Electricity Duty, Water Conversation Cess and Urban Cess exemption given to Jaipur Metro Rail Corporation for operation and maintenance.
- VAT on ATF reduced to 1% under Regional Connectivity Scheme of Government of India to promote tourism in the State.
Incentives for investment promotion
- Benefit of the RIPS-2014 for oil mills to promote farming of mustard and oilseed in the state.
- Additional benefits given for the units established in backward and most backward areas to promote additional employment to youth belonging to Rajasthan.
- Amnesty Schemes for VAT, Entry Tax (Goods) and Entry Tax (Motor Vehicles) notified.
- No new tax in VAT, Entry Tax, Luxury Tax and Entertainment Tax except increase of VAT on cigarette by 15%.
Registration and Stamps
- e-Governance Measures
- Facility of submitting online application on e-panjiyan software for stamp refund.
- Site inspection of immovable property through GPS based Rajdhara App.
- Facility of submitting online application for fresh licence and renewal of licence to stamp vendors.
- e-panjiyan facility to be extended in 200 Sub-registrar offices.
- Facility of e-stamp in 100 more sub-registrar offices to be provided.
Simplification and Facilitation
- Benefit of concession of stamp duty available on the document of release of ancestral property shall also be extended to father’s sister and son of predeceased brother.
- Rate of stamp duty on agreements relating to advertisement for commercial purposes shall be simplified.
- Looking into the sluggish growth in the real estate market, commercial plots of 100 to 500 sq. meter to be allowed 5% concession and commercial plots more than 500 sq. meter to be allowed 10% concession in the market rates.
- Instrument of equitable mortgage to be included in the category of instruments mentioned in section 5 of the Rajasthan Stamp Act to provide concession of stamp duty on the supplementary documents (other than principal document) executed to complete the transaction of equitable mortgage.
- Concession in stamp duty allowed on the documents of dwelling units executed in favour of EWS or LIG by private developers under the Chief Minister Jan Awas Yojana-2015 similar to available on the documents executed by Urban Local Bodies under the Scheme.
- Provision made for refund of excess stamp duty deposited at the time of registration of the document.
- Time limit of three months prescribed for refund of stamp duty on the spoiled stamp.
- Calculation and rate of stamp duty simplified and registration fees reduced on the instruments of leases/rent deed.
- 1% remuneration given to licensed stamp vendors on the amount of surcharge collected by them.
- Relief in Stamp duty and Registration fees
- Stamp duty reduced from 5 to 3 percent and registration fees to be reduced from one percent to 0.25 percent and maximum rupees 10000/- on partition deed of other than ancestral property.
- Stamp duty on agreement to sale and power of attorney authorising sell of immovable property reduced from 3 and 2 percent respectively to 0.5 percent and registration fees on agreement to sale and power of attorney reduced to 0.25 percent and maximum rupees 10,000/-.
- Maximum limit of stamp duty reduced from 10 lacs to 5 lacs on the instruments of loan documents without possession of property.
- Registration fees on the documents of family settlement reduced from one percent to 0.25 percent and maximum rupees 10,000/-.
- Benefit of 100% concession of stamp duty extended from 31.03.2017 to 31.03.2018 on the instrument of loan executed for the purposes of establishment of Startup under Startup Policy-2015, education loan and cash credit, overdraft or term loan under the Scheme of MUDRA and reverse mortgage of property by senior citizens.
- The registration fees on conveyance reduced to maximum limit of rupees 4 lacs.
- Stamp duty on the instrument of conversion of partnership firm, private limited company or unlisted public company into Limited Liability Partnership reduced to 0.5 percent and registration fee reduced to maximum rupees 10,000/-.
- Concession in stamp duty allowed up to 31.12.2017 on the lease deeds issued by Urban Local Bodies after regularisation on the basis of unregistered and unstamped instruments.
- To give relief to common man, interest and penalty payable on unregistered and unstamped intermediary instruments executed before getting lease deed from Urban Local Bodies remitted.
- 100% exemption from interest and penalty allowed under the Amnesty Scheme if the stamp duty due is deposited up to 30.04.2017.
- Registration fees reduced and charged 20% of the amount of stamp duty charged on the lease deeds up to the period of 20 years.
- Stamp duty exempted on the instrument of assignment of debt of a sick industrial unit from bank/financial institution in the favour of Asset Reconstruction Company.
- Stamp duty exempted on the instrument of transfer of sick micro small enterprise as defined in the Rajasthan Sick Micro and Small Enterprises (Revival and Rehabilitation) Scheme, 2015.
- Surcharge for development of basic infrastructure facilities and protection and propagation of cow and its progeny shall be levied on all the instruments included in the Schedule to the Rajasthan Stamp Act 1998.
- Rate of stamp duty rationalized on the licence and renewal of licence of revolvers and pistols.
- Refund application for one time tax owing to category change or change of the place out of Rajasthan to be accepted up to six month instead of 3 months to give relief to the vehicles owners.
- Definition of purchase price of vehicles rationalised to exclude elements of rebate, discount or concession for calculation of tax.
- The upper limit of tax amount payable for dumpers/loaders are presently Rs. 25,000/- since 04.10.2002. It has been extended to Rs. 35,000/-.
- Trade certificate holder manufacturers of vehicles/dealers fee rationalized for the vehicles kept in their possession.
- One time tax on Construction equipment vehicles (CEV’s) rationalized.
- Lump sum tax with 6 instalments for goods vehicles up to 16.5 ton GVW, contract carriage tourist permit/private service vehicle up-to the seating capacity of 22 seats.
Revenue & Colonisation
- Interest payable on the outstanding instalments due towards land allotment in Colonization areas waived off on lump sum deposit of the due instalments. The relief on the interest would be available to the farmers up-to 30.09.2017.
Urban Development & LSG
- 100% relief on interest payment, if outstanding lease rent is paid in lump sum by the lease holders in local bodies/ authorities/ UITs and Housing Board. This relief in interest payment would be available up-to 30.09.2017.
- 100% relief on penalty and interest payment, if outstanding Urban Development Tax is paid in lump sum by the lease holders in local bodies. This relief in interest payment would be available up-to 30.09.2017.
- 100% relief on interest and penalty payment, if outstanding instalments since 01.01.2001 are paid in lump sum by the allottees of EWS/ LIG Houses allotted by Development Authorities/ UITs/ Housing Board. This relief would be available up-to to 31.12.2017
- 100% relief on interest and penalty payment, if outstanding drinking water dues pending as on 31.12.2016 are paid by the domestic consumer in lump sum by 30.6.2017.
Basic Infrastructure development
- New buildings to be constructed for offices of DIG Bhilwara and Banswara and offices of Sub-registrar Kota-I, Luni, Jaisalmer, Udaipur-I and II, Rajsamand, Malpura, Niwai, Chaksu, Shahpura (Jaipur), Sanganer-I & II and Bhiwadi.
- Additional building block to be constructed in Jaipur Divisional Office of Commercial Taxes Department. Additional building block to be constructed at Excise Head quarter at Udaipur, new buildings to be constructed for EPF Sriganganagar, DEO Kota, AEO EPF Jhunjunu, Sriganganagar, Churu, Kotputli AEO EPF, PO and line office at Nagour, Baran and Kota.
Download Rajasthan Budget 2017: Key highlights – PDF (English) | (Hindi)