PM SVANidhi Portal launched
On 29th June 2020, Union Secretary, Housing & Urban Affairs, Shri Durga Shanker Mishra launched the Beta version of PM Street Vendor’s AtmaNirbhar Nidhi labelled as “PM SVANidhi” Portal.
What is PM SVANidhi Scheme ?
A Central Sector Scheme, PM Street Vendor’s AtmaNirbhar Nidhi labelled as PM SVANidhi Scheme has been launched on 1 June 2020. The scheme aims to facilitate street vendors to access affordable working capital loan for resuming their livelihoods activities, after easing of lockdown.
Salient Features of PM SVANidhi Scheme
- Urban street vendors will be eligible to avail a Working Capital (WC) loan of up to INR 10,000 with tenure of 1 year and repaid in monthly instalments.
- For this loan, no collateral will be taken by the lending institutions.
- On timely or early repayment, the vendors will be eligible for the next cycle of working capital loan with an enhanced limit.
- No prepayment penalty will be charged from the vendors for repayment before the scheduled date.
- The vendors, availing loan under the scheme, are eligible to get an interest subsidy @ 7%. The interest subsidy amount will be credited into the borrower’s account quarterly.
- The scheme will incentivize digital transactions by vendors through cash back facility.
- The Scheme shall be implemented up to March, 2022.
The scheme is a Central Sector Scheme i.e. fully funded by Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs with the following objectives:
- To facilitate working capital loan up to `10,000;
- To incentivize regular repayment; and
- To reward digital transactions
The scheme will help formalize the street vendors with above objectives and will open up new opportunities to this sector to move up the economic ladder.
The Scheme is available for beneficiaries belonging to only those States/UTs which have notified Rules and Scheme under Street Vendors (Protection of Livelihood and Regulation of Street Vending) Act, 2014. Beneficiaries from Meghalaya, which has its own State Street Vendors Act may, however, participate.
PM SVANidhi Portal
PM SVANidhi Portal is an integrated IT platform (pmsvanidhi.mohua.gov.in) to provide an end-to-end solution for scheme administration is being developed by SIDBI, which is the scheme implementation partner for PM SVANidhi.
The portal will facilitate multiple scheme functions viz. loan application flow, Mobile App, e-KYC of applicants, integration with UIDAI, Udyamimitra, NPCI, PAiSA, lenders, States, ULBs and other stakeholders, calculation of digital incentives and payment of interest subsidy etc.
The PM SVANidhi Portal shall start accepting loan applications from Street Vendors from July 2nd, who can apply directly or with the help of CSCs/ ULBs/ SHGs.
The Mobile App facilitated with e-KYC module and loan application flow, to be used by lenders and their agents for application origination, shall be released during this week.
The Portal integration with various lenders shall commence during this week and over next few weeks we hope to complete this integration with all the major lenders. The module for enabling street vendors to apply directly for Letter of Recommendation (LoR) to the concerned ULB will be ready by July 10, 2020.