Persons from Rajasthan In NEWS – 2019
This posts details Persons from Rajasthan that have been in NEWS in 2019.
The Governor of Himachal Pradesh, Kalraj Mishra was transferred and appointed as the Governor of Rajasthan by President Ram Nath Kovind. Kalraj Mishra has replaced Kalyan Singh as the Rajasthan governor. Rajasthan High Court Chief Justice Shripathi Ravindra Bhat (currently Supreme Court Judge) administered the oath of office to Mishra.
Former Union minister Bandaru Dattatreya has been appointed the new governor of Himachal Pradesh.
Jagdeep Dhankar from Jhunjhunu, a Senior Advocate at the Supreme Court of India, member of Lok Sabha from 1989 to 1991 and a former Member of Legislative Assembly (MLA) from Kishangarh, Rajasthan has been made 28th Governor of West Bengal.
Wing commander Tarun Chaudhri became the first pilot of Indian Armed Forces (IAF) to do a wingsuit jump.
Justice S. Ravindra Bhat
Chief Justice Ravindra Bhat was elevated to the Supreme Court.
Justice Indrajit Mahanty
Justice Indrajit Mahanty of Bombay High Court has become chief justice of Rajasthan High Court. He is the 37th Chief Justice of Rajasthan High Court.
Brajesh Yadav from Rajasthan Police won Silver medal in Thailand Open Boxing Championship.
Payal Jangid from Alwar district became the first Indian to receive the ‘Changemaker Award’ at the Goalkeepers Global Goals Awards 2019 by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation in New York for her contribution in abolishing the practice of child marriage in her native Hinsla and other neighbouring villages. She is also the sarpanch (president) of the Bal Panchayat (children’s parliament) in Hinsla, which is a Bal Mitra Gram (child-friendly village) — a concept founded by Nobel Laureate Kailash Satyarthi.
Rajsamand BJP MP Diya Kumari of Rajasthan has been made a member of National Tiger Conservation Authority (NTCA) on behalf of Union Ministry of Forest and Environment.
The National Tiger Conservation Authority (NTCA) was established in December 2005 following a recommendation of the Tiger Task Force,constituted by the Prime Minister of India for reorganised management of Project Tiger and the many Tiger Reserves in India. Tiger Protection Program, popularly known as Project Tiger was started in 1973, by the Government of India in co-operation with WWF.
Hina Joshi from Pali, represented India in the International Championship held at Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan and won two gold medals.
Shyam Sunder Swami
Shyam Sunder Swami from Bikaner has secured Quota in Paralympics 2020, Tokyo after coming at 9th rank in World Para Archery Championship held in Netherlands.
Om Prakash Bhatia
Omprakash Bhatia has received Acharya Laxmi Kant Joshi Award for his collection “Burj, Chand Aur Dhuan”.
Mahendra Goyal and Farzand Ali
The Supreme Court collegium headed by Chief Justice Ranjan Gogoi recommended appointment of two advocates as judges of the Rajasthan High Court. The advocates are Mahendra Goyal and Farzand Ali.
The Rajasthan government appointed DG ATS and SOG Dr Bhupendra Singh as the new DGP of Rajasthan Police. Mr. Singh replaces Kapil Garg, who retired on 30th June. An IPS officer of the 1986-batch, Singh is a recipient of the President’s police medal (2016) and police medal (2002) for distinguished services.
Suman Rao from Rajsamand, was crowned the winner of Femina Miss India World 2019 during the grand finale of the beauty pageant, held on June 15, 2019 at the Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Indoor Stadium in Mumbai She was crowned Miss India World 2019 by her predecessor, Miss India 2018 Anukreethy Vas from Tamil Nadu.
Dr. Mahesh Joshi
Dr. Mahesh Joshi has bee nominated as Government Chief Whip in Rajasthan Legislative Assembly.
N C Goel
The state government appointed former Chief secretary NC Goel as the chairman of Real Estate Regulatory Authority (RERA) of Rajasthan. Goel’s tenure will be five years.
Ruma Devi of Mangla ki Beri village in Barmer was selected for the prestigious Nari Shakti Puruskar 2018 by the Union government for engaging, training and providing livelihood to rural women through her self-help groups in last one decade. She received the award from President Ram Nath Kovind on the International Women’s Day on March 8. She also got a certificate and Rs 1 lakh as award.
Ruma Devi has been recognized as a force behind the financial independence of 22,000 women living across 75 villages of Barmer, Bikaner and Jaisalmer.
Subhash Chandra Garg
Subhash Chandra Garg, a 1983 batch IAS officer of Rajasthan cadre has been appointed as the Economic Affairs Secretary and Finance Secretary of India.
Grandmaster Abhijeet Gupta from Bhilwara, won the Cannes International chess title by defeating Italian GM Pier Luigi Basso.
Vivaan Kapoor and Manavaditya Rathore
Rising Indian shooters Vivaan Kapoor and Manavaditya Rathore clinched gold and silver medals respectively at the junior trap event in Doha.
Hukumchand Patidar & Jagdish Chand Pareek
- Hukumchand Patidar from Manpura, Jhalawar and Jagdish Chand Pareek from Ajitgarh, Sikar have been awarded with Padma Shri for using and promoting organic farming. Both these farmers never used a drop of chemical fertilizer and have now become examples for other farmers in the state.
Mahendra Singh Singhvi
- Mahendra Singh Singhvi has been appointed as the new Advocate General of Rajasthan.
- C.P Joshi was appointed Speaker of Vidhan Sabha.
Gulab Chand Kataria
- Gulab Chand Kataria will be appointed as the new Leader of Opposition of Rajasthan Vidhan Sabha.
- Additionally, he has also been appointed as the Pro-term speaker for 15th Vidhan Sabha.
- Important: Governor Administers Oath to Pro-Term Speaker in Vidhan Sabha and then he/she administers oath to new members of Vidhan Sabha.
Aarti Dogra, district election officer of Ajmer was felicitated by President Kovind for encourage the differently able people of the district to cast votes and take part in the democratic exercise to elect the representatives to the State Assembly.
Priya Sharma from Jhunjhunu in Rajasthan became the seventh female fighter pilot after passing out of Indian Air Force Academy, Dundigul. She is the third fighter pilot from state after Mohana Singh and Pratibha.
- Churu’s Nitesh Poonia broke the under-18 boys hammer throw National record by a massive six metres, taking it from 75.45m to 81.47m, in the 34th National junior athletics championships in Ranchi.
- 22-year-old cricketer from Churu in Rajasthan Priya Punia has been selected for the women Indian cricket T-20 team.
- Rajasthan State Sports Council’s (RSSC) public relation officer Tejraj Singh was appointed state commissioner of Rajasthan State Bharat Scouts and Guides (ITC and Sports).
Justice Ajay Rastogi
- Justice Ajay Rastogi was appointed as Judge of Supreme Court of India on 2 November 2018.
- He practiced as advocate in Rajasthan High Court and was appointed as an Additional Judge of the Rajasthan High Court. Subsequently, he was appointed as Chief Justice of the of the Tripura High Court.
Asian Paralympics, Jakarta Indonesia
- Sundar Singh Gurjar won Silver medal in javelin throw and bronze medal in discus throw in Asian Para Games 2018.
- Sandeep Maan Singh from hanumangarh, won bronze medal in In the T45/46/47 classification for men’s 400m.