Online Mandis will be promoted during GRAM
One of the special features at Global Rajasthan Agritech Meet 2016’ (GRAM) will be the proactive promotion of the ‘Online Mandis’ through promoting farmers to register in the electronic National Agriculture Market (eNAM).
It should be noted that concept of Online Mandis has already started to bring in more transparency, greater competition and better returns for the farmers. It is to be recalled that the Union Government launched an electronic National Agriculture Market (eNAM) format in April 2016 and connected 23 mandis from eight states including Rajasthan.
By 30 September, around 200 mandis have been connected online out of which 11 are from Rajasthan. These are Ramganj Mandi, Padampur, Fatehnagar, Gangapur City, Bundi, Baran, Kota Anaj, Atru, Merta, Nagaur and Hindaun. The State Agriculture Department is targeting to add 15 more mandis to eNAM.
To encourage the farmer community to get involved with Online Mandis during ‘GRAM’ – its procedure and benefits will be explained in detail to them. There will be a section dedicated wherein farmers will be able to clear their doubts on the concept of online mandis, he said.
Benefits of Online Mandis:
- The e-platform would help farmers to sell their produce directly in the market, obviating middle-men, through the electronic trading platform.
- The initiative will help traders in open price discovery and greater accessibility owing to the online platform, she added.
- To make it easy for the investors, Government of India has come up with online registration of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) with a unique ID – Udyog Aadhar.
- Rajasthan is among the first states to implement filing of Udyog Aadhar memorandum completely online.
- The Single Window System facilitates application, approval, clearance and tracking online through a single ID making it easy for investors to make online application and payment through e-mitra portal as well.
In a separate related NEWS, Agriculture Minister Prabhulal Saini said that Mahatma Jyotiba Phule Fruit & Vegetable Mandi Committee, will be connected to WiFi. Wifi would enable farmers for price-discovery & traders for online trading & payments.