The aim of the Mission is to restructure and strengthen agriculture extension to enable delivery of appropriate technology and improved agronomic practice to the farmers. During the year 2015-16, GoI has reduced the funding pattern between GoI and GoR to 60:40. NMAET consist on 5 sub-missions:
- Sub Mission on Agriculture Extension (SMAE)
- Sub-Mission on Seed and Planting Material (SMSP)
- Sub Mission on Agriculture Mechanization (SMAM)
- Sub Mission on Plant Protection and Plant Quarantine (SMPP)
- National e-governance plan in agriculture
During the year 2018-19, an expenditure of `33.27 crore has been incurred against the provision of `40.32 crore.