National Horticulture Mission was launched to increase the area, production and productivity of different horticulture crops like fruits, spices and flowers.
This scheme is being implemented in selected 24 districts namely Jaipur, Ajmer, Alwar, Chittorgarh, Kota, Baran, Jhalawar, Jodhpur, Pali, Jalore, Barmer, Nagaur, Banswara, Tonk, Karauli, Sawai Madhopur, Udaipur, Dungarpur, Bhilwara, Bundi, Jhunjhunu, Sirohi, Jaisalmer and Sri-Ganganagar.
Under this scheme a provision of `78.43 crore (`47.06 crore as central share and `31.37 crore as state share) was made during 2018-19 against which an expenditure of `59.02 crore (`35.41 crore as central share and `23.61 crore as state share) has been incurred.
During the year 2018-19:
- Orchards of fruits have been established in 3,383 hectares.
- A total of 111 hectare has been covered under Integrated Pest Management Programme,
- 3.54 lakh square meters area has been covered under green houses,
- 0.24 lakh square meters area has been covered under shade net,
- 1.18 lakh square meters area has been covered under plastic tunnels,
- 701 hectare area covered under plastic mulching,
- 164 vermi compost units have been established,
- 1,172 low cost onion storage structures constructed,
- 106 pack houses have been established,
- 196 water harvesting structure have been built.