On 1st July, Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises launched & operationalised Udyam Registration Portal. The new registration process is expected to boost up ‘Ease of Doing Business’ and reduce transaction time and costs.
Udyam Registration Portal
A new process of classification and registration of MSME Enterprises has been launched on July 1, 2020 through Udyam Registration Portal.
- Any person who intends to establish a micro, small or medium enterprise may file Udyam Registration online in the Udyam Registration portal, based on self-declaration with no requirement to upload documents, papers, certificates or proof.
- On registration, an enterprise (referred to as “Udyam” in the Udyam Registration portal) will be assigned a permanent identity number to be known as “‘Udyam Registration Number”.
- An e-certificate, namely, “Udyam Registration Certificate” shall be issued on completion of the registration process.
- If an enterprise crosses the ceiling limits specified for its present category in either of the two criteria of investment or turnover, it will cease to exist in that category and be placed in the next higher category but no enterprise shall be placed in the lower category unless it goes below the ceiling limits specified for its present category in both the criteria of investment as well as turnover.
- All units with Goods and Services Tax Identification Number (GSTIN) listed against the same Permanent Account Number (PAN) shall be collectively treated as one enterprise and the turnover and investment figures for all of such entities shall be seen together and only the aggregate values will be considered for deciding the category as micro, small or medium enterprise.
New Classification of MSME:
As per the new classification, an enterprise shall be classified as a micro, small or medium enterprise on the basis of the following criteria, namely:
- A micro enterprise, where the investment in plant and machinery or equipment does not exceed one crore rupees and turnover does not exceed five crore rupees;
- A small enterprise, where the investment in plant and machinery or equipment does not exceed ten crore rupees and turnover does not exceed fifty crore rupees; and
- A medium enterprise, where the investment in plant and machinery or equipment does not exceed fifty crore rupees and turnover does not exceed two hundred and fifty crore rupees.
- Udyam Registration Portal – Webportal