Mobile Phone Technologies
The different mobile technology words Glossary:
- GSM is combination of FDMA ( frequency divison multiple access) & ( TMDA) Time division multiple access.
- CDMA: Code Division Multiple Access
- WCDMA : wide band – CDMA.
- IT is 3G technology that increases data transmission rates in GSM systems by using the CDMA air interface instead of TDMA.
- WCDMA is based on CDMA and is the technology used in UMTS.
- WCDMA was adopted as a standard by the ITU under the name “IMT-2000 direct spread
- UMTS: Universal Mobile Telecommunications System is the third generation (3G) successor to the second generation GSM based cellular technologies which also include GPRS, and EDGE.
- Wimax : Worldwide Interoperability for Microwave Access . 40 Mbps , 50 Km
- LTE : Long term Evolution
- MIMO: multiple-input and multiple-output , Orthogonal Frequency-Division Multiple Access(OFDMA)
- While 3G is defined by ITU as IMT-2000, IMT-Advanced is being studied by ITU as 4G. IMT is now used as the generic name for 3G and 4G.