Considering the Corona Virus situation in Rajasthan, the State government of Rajasthan has extended the ‘Self Discipline Fortnight’ from 3rd May 2021 to May 17th May 2021. On 6th May, a group of ministers was constituted in Rajasthan to suggest measures to break the chain of coronavirus in the state. Consequently, the State Government decided to impose a lockdown in Rajasthan from 10th May 2021 to 24th May 2021.
The decision to impose a lockdown in the state was taken at a virtual meeting of the state cabinet. It was decided that due to the prevailing pandemic situation, a lockdown was required to break the chain of transmission. The State Government has also released the guidelines for lockdown in State from 10th May.
Lockdown in Rajasthan: May 2021
1. Duration of Lockdown:
- The State government has imposed the lockdown in Rajasthan from 10th May 2021 to 24th May 2021. The lockdown will be effective from 5:00 AM on 10th May to 5:00 Am on 24th May.
2. Marriage related Guidelines:
- All marriage functions stand suspended till 31st May 2021.
- The order has banned marriage functions, DJs and marriage processions (baraat).
- Only register marriages attended by not more than 11 people will be allowed till May 31.
- Register marriages too have to be e-intimated on the designated State portal (Scroll down to important links in home page)
- Similarly, no permission will be given for bands, catering services and gathering of guests till May 31.
- Marriage gardens, halls and hotels will be closed for marriage functions.
- Marriage garden owners and caterers will have to return the advance amount paid by parties or adjust the amount in booking for the next decided date.
- No community feast will also be allowed during the lockdown period.
3. Other Guidelines
- Considering the rise in Covid-19 cases in rural areas, MNREGA & other development activities employing rural labours will remain suspended. Detailed instructions in this reference will be released by concerned department.
- All places of worship will remain closed. People have been requested to conduct ‘poojas’ and religious rituals at home.
- All private and public vehicles except those engaged in medical services will remain off-road during the lockdown.
- Inter and intra-state movement of goods and commodities will be permitted.
- There are chances of Covid-19 infection spreading from attendants of Covid positive patients in hospitals. the department will issue, separate guidelines will be announced for attendants of Covid patients.
- All intra-state travels between districts, cities and villages will be barred during the lockdown except for medical and other emergency services.
- Any person visiting the state from any other state will have to produce a negative RT-PCR report that is not older than 72 hours. Anyone who does not provide a negative RT-PCR report will be quarantined for 15 days.
- To prevent migrant workers from returning to their native states, all industrial and construction activities will be permitted during the lockdown.
- Concerned industrial units have to issue identity cards to such workers. They will be allowed to run special buses to transport workers.
- Shops dealing in construction-related products and services will also not allowed to open. However, in line with transport of materials allowed, the shops can deliver material with order received online (electronic mode) or through phones.
- District collectors will have powers to enforce more restrictions in containment zones other than the above based on local conditions.