Earlier this week, Prime Minister Narendra Modi had said that the lockdown 4.0 will be different in nature as new rules and relaxation will be implemented. With lockdown 3.0 coming to an end on 17th May, the NEC under provisions of NDMA has extended the lockdown till 31 May 2020. Hence, the fourth phase of the lockdown (Lockdown 4.0) in India will start from May 18 and last till May 31.
Timeline of different Phases of Lockdown:
- Lockdown 1.0 – 21 days – From 25th March till 14th April.
- Lockdown 2.0 – 19 days – From 15th April till 3rd May
- Lockdown 3.0 – 14 days – From 4th May to 17th May
- Lockdown 4.0 – 14 days – From 18th May to 31st May
The Union Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA), has also released guidelines for the lockdown 4.0. The guidelines includes, among other things:
- List of prohibited activities,
- Permitted Activities except in Containment Zones
- Containment, Buffer, Red, Orange & Green Zones
- Night Curfew
Prohibited Activities in Lockdown 4.0:
The following activities shall continue to remain prohibited throughout the country:
- All domestic and international air travel of passengers, except for domestic medical services, domestic air ambulance and for security purposes or purposes as permitted by MHA.
- Metro rail services.
- Schools, colleges, educational/ training/ coaching institutions etc. will remain closed. Online distance learning shall continue to be permitted and shall be encouraged.
- Hotels, restaurants and other hospitality services, except those meant for housing health/ police/ Government officials/ healthcare workers/ stranded persons including tourists and for quarantine facilities; and running of canteens at bus depots, railway stations and airports. Restaurants shall be permitted to operate kitchens for home delivery of food items.
- All cinema halls, shopping malls, gymnasiums, swimming pools, entertainment parks, theatres, bars and auditoriums, assembly halls and similar places. Sports complexes and stadia will be permitted to open; however, spectators will not be allowed.
- All social/ political/ sports/ entertainment/ academic cultural/ religious functions/ other gatherings and large congregations.
- All religious places/ places of worship shall be closed for public. Religious congregations are strictly prohibited
Lockdown 4.0 – Permitted Activities except in Containment Zones
The following activities shall be permitted with restrictions, except in the Containment Zones:
- Inter–State movement of passenger vehicles and buses, with mutual consent of the State(s)/UT(s) involved.
- Intra–State movement of passenger vehicles and buses, as decided by the States and UTs.
- All other activities will be permitted, except those which are specifically prohibited. However, in Containment Zones, only essential activities shall be allowed.
- Further, States/ UTs, based on their assessment of the situation, may prohibit certain other activities in the various zones, or impose such restrictions as deemed necessary.
Containment, Buffer, Red, Orange & Green Zones:
- The delineation of Red, Green and Orange Zones during Lockdown 4.0 will be decided by the respective State and UT Governments, after taking into consideration the parameters shared by Ministry of Health & Family Welfare (MOHFW), Government of India (Gol).
- Within the Red and Orange Zones, Containment Zones and Buffer Zones will be demarcated by the District authorities, after taking into consideration the guidelines of MoHFW.
- In the Containment Zones, only essential activities shall be allowed. There shall be strict perimeter control to ensure that there is no movement of people in or out of these zones, except for medical emergencies and for maintaining supply of essential goods and services. Guidelines of MoHFW shall be taken into consideration for the above purpose.
- In the Containment Zones, there shall be intensive contact tracing, house–to-house surveillance, and other clinical interventions, as required.
- The movement of individuals shall remain strictly prohibited between 7.00 pm to 7.00 am, except for essential activities.
This is not a government or official website. This is private information site, where information has been provided for benefit of people. We have made all efforts to provide genuine information & only government sites have been used for reference. However, users are requested to first check and act only on information provided by official sites.
Note: the government websites, official website all have .gov.in or .nic.in at the end of their address.