Land Holding Pattern in Rajasthan
The agricultural census collects Primary and Secondary data on structure of operational holdings by different size classes and social groups in the state. Operational Holding refers to all land which is used wholly or partly for agricultural production and is operated as one technical unit by one person alone or with others without regard to the title, legal form, size or location.
Based on Size, there are five kinds of Land Holdings in India:
- Marginal holdings: Size 1 hectare or less
- Small holdings: Size 1 to 2 hectares
- Semi-medium holdings : Size 2 to 4 hectares
- Medium holdings: Size 4 to 10 hectares
- Large holdings: Size above 10 hectare
Land Holding Pattern in Rajasthan: Data
- As per provisional data for Agriculture Census 2015-16, total number of operational land holdings in the State was 76.55 lakh. Out of these:
- Marginal – 40.12 %
- Small – 21.90 %
- Semi medium – 18.50 %
- Medium – 14.79 %
- Large holdings – 4.69 %
- There is an increase in the number of marginal, small, semi medium and medium land holdings and decrease is in number of large land holding in the year 2015-16 in comparison to the year 2010-11. This indicates that there is an increase in number of divisions of land due to splitting of joint families.