The Rajasthan government has launched a Jan Soochna Portal that will provide information pertaining to 13 departments on a single platform. The portal has been developed by the information and technology department in which initially 23-24 types of information will be made available from 13 departments. Later, information relating to all the departments will be made available on the portal. The portal has been launched under the Rajasthan Innovation Vision (RAJIV) campaign.
The information will also be available through self-service kiosks (e-Mitra Plus) in rural and urban areas.
The Portal which is the first public portal of its kind in the country and is aimed to disclose information in the public domain suo-moto as per Section 4(2) of the RTI Act. As per the section – “It shall be a constant endeavour of every public authority to take steps in accordance with the Act to provide as much information suo-moto to the public at regular intervals through various means of communication, including the internet, so that the public have minimum resort to the use of this Act to obtain information”.
Departments on Jan Soochna Portal:
- Social Justice and Empowerment Department,
- Tribal Regional Development Department,
- Rural Development and Panchayati Raj Department,
- Department of Elementary Education and Secondary Education,
- Labor and Employment Department,
- Mines and Geology Department,
- Revenue Department,
- Medical Health and Family Welfare Department,
- Food and Civil Supply Department,
- Cooperatives Department,
- Energy Department,
- Planning, Information Technology and Communications
- Department of Administrative Reforms
How to Use the portal
Any person seeking information has to go to the public information portal jansoochna.rajasthan.gov.in and click. On clicking, he/she will see the options of various schemes/services available ( 23 as of now). The person can select the scheme/service of interest and click on it. On which the person can get detailed information.
- Jan Soochna Portal – Website