In November 2020, Rajasthan Chief Minister Shri Ashok Gehlot launched the ‘Indira Gandhi Matritva Poshan Yojana or Indira Gandhi Maternity Nutrition scheme‘ in the state. The scheme was announced in the last state budget, giving priority to the health and nutrition of women and children.
Indira Gandhi Matritva Poshan Yojana
- The objective of the scheme is to provide proper nutrition to pregnant mothers and children upto the age of 3 years.
- Area: Based on the ranking made on maternal and child nutrition indicators, currently, the scheme has been launched in four most backward tribal districts of Udaipur, Banswara, Dungarpur and Pratapgarh. The state government will extend the scheme across the state in a phased manner.
- Coverage: Over 77,000 women will be benefited every year.
- Budget & Funding: Under this, an annual cost of Rs 43 crore will be incurred, funding will be done by the State Mineral Foundation Trust under the department of mines and geology.
- Implementing Agencies: This scheme will be implemented through Anganwadi Centres. ANMs and ASHA Sahayoginis of the health department would be in regular trough with the beneficiary women for proper nutrition and care of their children. Children’s Investment Fund Foundation and IP Global will help the state government for implementation of this scheme.
- On birth of the second child, the beneficiary woman will be given Rs. 6000 directly in her bank account in five instalments.
- First instalment of Rs. 1000 will be given after the pregnancy test and registration;
- Second instalment of Rs. 1000 after completion of minimum two ante-natal check-ups;
- Third instalment of Rs. 1000 on institutional delivery;
- Fourth instalment of Rs. 2000 after getting all the regular vaccines administered to the newborn within 105 days of birth and after the birth registration of the child and the fifth and
- Fith instalment of Rs. 1000 will be given on the couple adopting a means of family planning within three months after birth. This way, this scheme would also encourage family planning.
On the inauguration of the scheme, 2,000 beneficiaries of the four districts were given checks of Rs 1,000 as the first instalment.
As per Mamta Bhupesh, Minister of state for women and child development, pregnant women will get benefits under the scheme at the time of second child born on November 1 this year.
- Indira Gandhi Matritva Poshan Yojana – Download Official PDF