This page has posts to cover Public Administration Syllabus of RAS Mains GS Paper 3.
Public Administration in RAS Mains
- Meaning and Scope
- Role in developed & developing societies.
- Evolution of Public-Administration as a discipline.
- New public administration.
- Theories of public-administration.
- Principles of Organization
- Span of control
- Unity of command
- Concepts of power, authority, legitimacy, responsibility and delegation.
- Functions of management, Corporate governance and social responsibility
- New dimensions of public management, management of change.
- Aptitude and foundational values of civil services: integrity, impartiality, and non partisanship, dedication to public service,
- Relationship between generalists and specialists.
- Code of Conduct for Civil Servants
- Code of Ethics for Civil Servants
- Development Administration: Meaning, Scope and Characteristics.
Citizen And Administration
- Legislative control over administration.
- Judicial control over administration.
- Good Governance: