RPSC RAS Exam Description:
Rajasthan Public Service Commission (RPSC) conducts Rajasthan Administrative Services Examination (RAS Exam) which holds the reputation of being one of the best recruitment processes of State Governments of India. The recruited officers are included in the state cadre of civil service officers and placed in respected jobs like administrative services, police services, revenue services etc.
Various State Services include:
- Rajasthan Administrative Service
- Rajasthan Police Service
- Rajasthan Accounts Service
- Rajasthan Cooperative Service
- Rajasthan Employment Office Service
- Rajasthan Jail Service
- Rajasthan Industry Service
- Rajasthan State Insurance Service
- Rajasthan Commercial Tax Service
- Rajasthan Tourism Service
- Rajasthan Transport Service
- Rajasthan Devasthan Service
- Rajasthan Rural Development State Service
- Rajasthan Women and Child Development Service
The RAS Exam also includes posts from allied services:
- Rajasthan Subordinate Devasthan Service
- Rajasthan Subordinate Cooperative Service
- Rajasthan Tehsildar Service
- Rajasthan Excise Subordinate Service
- Rajasthan Industry Subordinate Service
- Rajasthan Food Public Distribution Service
- Rajasthan Commercial (Sales) Tax Subordinate Service
- Rajasthan Subordinate Service (Jr. Employment Officer)
- Rajasthan Women and Child Development Service Subordinate Service
Eligibility for RPSC RAS Exam:
- Educational Qualification:- Must hold a Degree of any of the Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other Educational Institution established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University underSection 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Government in consultation with the Commission.
- Age limit for RAS Examination: Minimum 21 years and maximum less than 35 years. ( For RAS 2016, age as on 1/1/2017 was counted.
- Non-gazetted officer: Age should not be less than 25 years and not greater than 45 years.
Scheme of RAS Exam:
Rajasthan Administrative Service (RAS) Examination is conducted in 3 stages:
(i) Preliminary Examination
(ii) Main Examination.
(iii) Personal Interview
(i) RAS Preliminary Examination :
The Preliminary RAS Exam consists of one paper on the subject: General Knowledge & General Science
The paper is of objective type, time duration 3 hours and carry a maximum of 200 marks.The Standard of the paper is mostly that of a Bachelor’s Degree Level. The examination is meant to serve as a screening test only i.e. aspirants just need to pass the exam in order to appear in second stage i.e. RAS Mains Examination. Marks obtained in preliminary exam are not counted in final selection and ranking.
(ii) RAS Main Exam:
(a) The number of candidates to be admitted to the Main Examination will be 15 times the total approximate number of vacancies (category wise) to be filled in the year in the various Services and posts, but in the said range all those candidates who secure the same percentage of marks as may be fixed by the Commission for any lower range will be admitted to the Main Examination.
(b) The written examination will consist of the following four papers which will be descriptive/analytical. A candidate must take all the papers listed below which will also consist of question paper of brief, medium, long answer and descriptive type questions. The standard of General Hindi and General English will be that of Sr. Secondary level. The time allowed for each paper shall be 3 hours.
(iii)Personality and viva-voce Exam:-
(i) Candidates who obtain such minimum qualifying marks in the written test of the Main Examination as may be fixed by the Commission in their discretion shall be summoned by them for an interview for a personality test.
(ii) Personality test carries 100 marks.
(iiI) The Commission shall award marks to each candidate interviewed by them. In interviewing the candidates besides awarding marks in respect of character, personality, address, physique, marks shall also be awarded for the candidate’s knowledge of Rajasthani culture. However for selection to the Rajasthan Police Service, candidates having ‘C’ Certificate of N.C.C. shall be given preference. The marks so awarded shall be added to the marks obtained in the written test by each such candidate.
Final Selection will be based on marks obtained in mains exams added to that of marks obtained in personality test (viva-voice/interview).
RPSC RAS Exam Syllabus:
- The syllabus of RAS exam is available at RSPC website. Latest syllabus is also available at Rajras (Visit Syllabus Page)
RPSC RAS Exam Dates
- RAS exam dates vary according to the calendar published & other situations.
RPSC RAS Exam Notification
- Ras exam notification are released on RPSC site and available at: https://rpsc.rajasthan.gov.in/PressNotes.aspx
RAS Exam Preparation:
- After the changed pattern and new syllabus of RAS exam, it is possible for students to self-prepare for the exam. Aspirants need to get hold of various books & follow free material website on internet like Rajras