Rajasthan State Sports Council (RSSC) is the apex body at the State level to look after the development of sports activities and providing coaching to the players. RSSC was set up in 1957 by the Government of Rajasthan and is registered as a society under Rajasthan State Society Act, 1958. The State Government has been providing grant-in-aid to the Council. Mr. V.G.Kanetkar was the first President of the Council. Shri J.C. Mohanti (Principal Secretary-General, Youth Affairs and Sports Department) is the current the Chairman of RSSC.
Rajasthan State Sports Council: Organisation
- Governor of Rajasthan is the Chief-Patron of RSSC
- The Chief Minister of Rajasthan is Deputy Patron of RSSC
- The Chairman of the Council is the Chief Executive. ‘
- Apart from Chairman the Council also includes Vice President, Treasurer and 12 members nominated by the State Government.
- 6 officers are ex-officio members.
Sports Policy of Rajasthan: PDF