Important International Summits
|East Asia Summit (EAS)||
|APEC Summits (Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation)||
|SAARC Summit (South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation)||
|ASEAN Summits (Association of South East Asian Nation)||
|IBSA Summits (2003)||
|BIMSTEC Summits (Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multisectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation)||
|G-7 Annual Summits (Earlier it was G8, Now Russia suspended Temporarily)||
The Group of Twenty Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors is a group of finance ministers and central bank governors from 20 major economies: 19 countries plus the European Union, which is represented by the President of the European Council and by the European Central Bank.
Chairperson- Mauricio Macri, Total Countries- 20 Countries= BRICS + G7 + Argentina, Australia, Indonesia, Mexico, South Korea, Saudi Arabia, Turkey
|OPEC International Seminar||
|NAM Summit 2016||
Regional Connectivity in South-East Asia:
- IMT Trilateral Highway
- India-Myanmar-Thailand Trilateral Highway
- B/w Moreh (India) to Mae Sot (Thailand)
- Possible extensions to Laos and Vietnam
- Mekong Ganga Economic Corridor
- Chennai (India) – Dawei (Myanmar) – Bangkok (Thailand). (sea/land corridor)
- Involves India, Bangladesh, Myanmar, Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam
- Kaladan Multi-Modal Transit Transport Facility
- Haldia/Kolkata Port=> Sittwe Port (Myanmar) => Kaladan River=> Road transport to Mizoram.
- BCIM corridor
- Connect Kunming (SW China)– Mandalay (Myanmar) –Dhaka|Chittagong (Bangladesh) – Kolkata (India)
|Andaman Nicobar islands.||
|ASEAN Master Plan for Connectivity||
New Maritime Silk Road
The Maritime Silk Road refers to revival of the route from ports in south China, to the Southeast Asia, India, Arabia.
- Connect 12 inland Chinese regions with 14 neighbouring countries. (revive ancient silk road)
- Get new export markets
- Secure lanes to import raw material.
- Counter the influence of USA (TPP) and Russia
- Develop port cities along the silk route
- above the wind region: Indian Ocean
- Below the wind region: Malacca, South China Sea, Java Sea and Far East.
- Via these port cities, link Asia and Africa with Chinese hinterland.
This will be implemented via 2 (Concensus) +7 (Proposals) cooperation framework